Phantasmal Berserker is kittened ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: benzegol.5829

benzegol.5829

Hello all. After many months of searching what class to play i decided to go mesmer with greatsword ( wanted caster and greatsword in one lol ). I dont know much about yet but can someone tell me is something wrong with the zerker ? When i summon him he atacks and then stays like a nerd near the target and does nothing. I think that he attacks on prays ,which is annoying. So i will be happy if someone explain me is that a bugg or its normal.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lahel.6381

Lahel.6381

All phantasms have an attack cycle. and between each cycle there’s a down time (cooldown). The izerker’s cycle is a whirl through enemies, then he goes on standby until his cycle is ready again and he’ll whirl again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: bruthsaw.7521

bruthsaw.7521

Yup, that is pretty much what happens. Every 6 seconds it attacks, then just sits there for the next 6. Or 4.8 seconds if you have Phantasmal Haste. Im taking those numbers from the wiki so sorry if they are wrong.

in Mesmer

benzegol.5829

Well thanks that explains all. I dont think in PVP he will be alive for the next cycle lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phrixscreoth.6895

Phrixscreoth.6895

That’s part of the reason you’ve got shatter skills, heh!

in Mesmer

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I actually wish the iZerker was bugged so people would stop using greatsword.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Well thanks that explains all. I dont think in PVP he will be alive for the next cycle lol.

That’s a problem that all phantasms share. Greatsword is still pretty neat with iWave, ranged boon stripping and damage. If you want more defense, go for staff.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

benzegol.5829

I will go for the staff and sword. Colesy say to anet to buff the gs then

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

That’s just how phantasms work. They have one skill with a cooldown. Phantasm DPS is already super high, if they were to attack constantly with no cooldown you wouldn’t see anything but 5x Mesmer in any party. Even warrior banner support wouldn’t be worth it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

“When i summon him he atacks and then stays like a nerd near the target and does nothing” LOL

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.