Phantasmal Berserker needs nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

“But Mesmers already got nerfed”, Not enough evidently. Was in WvWvW defending a Tower as an Elementalist. Standing at max range from the door inside the Tower and laying down a few AOE on the door. Then something hit me, did not render till 2-3sec after it hit me.

Phantasmal Berserker took me down 90% health in one hit. Did not require any LOS to activate on me, and was able to hit me at max range. Broken ability is broken.

“But your an elementalist your suppose to be squishy” “Maybe your just bad” “It doesn’t do that much damage”

None of these arguments apply thanks see door.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Glass cannon got hit by a glass cannon!

Edit: Assuming you’re even level 80.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Oh my god, a Mesmer who specialized his whole char on a single ability can deal 90% damage with his skill to my squishy char. Must be nerfed.

I’m lvl80 Mesmer with Bleeding/Support build. My iBerserker deals up to 3k damage (3 critted hits). If you got 3.3k HP, it’s not only the iBerserker which needs to be nerfed, but basically all players you face.

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

It probably wasn’t a 90% health reduction due purely to iBerserker — unless your HP was 5k total.

However the LoS casting on iBerserker will probably be “fixed” in the near future. (sorry GS mesmers, join the staff mesmer club — we’ve got jackets).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

My iBerserker has crit for around 8,500 damage on a lowbie, not counting bleed procs.

Glass level 80 Ele has some pretty kitten poor HP, around 11000 maybe?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sleaze.3748

Sleaze.3748

These threads are just ridiculous, provide some proof or this is just a whine thread full of extreme exaggeration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quex Fehftir.7619

Quex Fehftir.7619

Lol is this a troll post? If not, how the hell did you lose 90% from one zerker rofl.

in Mesmer

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

“But Mesmers already got nerfed”, Not enough evidently. Was in WvWvW defending a Tower as an Elementalist. Standing at max range from the door inside the Tower and laying down a few AOE on the door. Then something hit me, did not render till 2-3sec after it hit me.

Phantasmal Berserker took me down 90% health in one hit. Did not require any LOS to activate on me, and was able to hit me at max range. Broken ability is broken.

“But your an elementalist your suppose to be squishy” “Maybe your just bad” “It doesn’t do that much damage”

None of these arguments apply thanks see door.

First off you need to know how iBerserker works.

Yes, its bugged. It will attack through walls, through doors, through any terrain. Even mesmers know this will get fixed. Its only a moment of time.

Secondly, it attacks in a straight line, you happened to BE in that straight line.

And if it hit you and reduced your health by 90% either your WAY too glass cannon for WvW, the mesmer was level 80 and your like level 2, (or both of the above) or your extremely exaggerating.

I’m guessing all of the above.

Because if iBerserker does ‘that’ much damage, I want in on that.

Mesmers, email me your GS builds.

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Same as every other high damage QQ shot: you run full Berserker/Ruby exotics, stack 25 bloodlust (pref superior), and run max power/crit damage traits. Maybe eat some truffles on the side for more lulz. 3 orbs in WvW is a bonus. Keep guild upgrade for more power/stats is a bonus.

iBerserker crits for 8k in the same situations that Warrior Kill Shot crits for 25k, or where a Thief Backstab gimmick build combos for 33k within 1 second.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

The LOS for this phantasm needs to be fixed, and it will be. However, the iBeserker itself does not need a nerf. Mesmers just got nerfed in the October 7th update, and now you want us to get nerfed again? Will you people stop complaining about our class; I don’t want ArenaNet making my PvE experience more difficult. I do to want to have to reroll characters. ArenaNet please fix the bugs with our profession before you Nerf us anymore, thank you. That includes iBeserkers ability to bypass LOS

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief

in Mesmer

Posted by: Luka.6831

Luka.6831

Only LoS needs to be fixed, not damage. Like some poster said, “iBerserker crits for 8k in the same situations that Warrior Kill Shot crits for 25k, or where a Thief Backstab gimmick build combos for 33k within 1 second

i5-2500K, P8Z68 V-Pro/Gen3, Win7 Enterprise x64;
Gigabyte GTX 560ti OC, 1920×1080 Dell 2312HM;
WD Caviar Black 500GB, Kingston V+200 60GB SSD;

in Mesmer

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

I hope they fix LoS for the iBerserker. And in the same Patch they hopefully fix LoS for AoE. It is kinda rediculous to see people complaining about the missing line of sight on iBerserker, while the Ele just said, he put some AoE on the door (ignoring LoS).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

Don’t worry, I’m sure it’s in the pipe along with portal nerfs for next Bloody Nerfing Monday.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyrm.5602

Xyrm.5602

Never seen it hit for more than like 5.1k. Even if you throw in a 3.5k shatter (which is the max I saw, and rarely see it over 2.5k), thats still 8.6k dmg. No level 80 would be brought down 90% from that, and the person attacking you had to be in FULL power/crit gear and gotten insanely lucky with crits.

If you aren’t level 80 in full exotics (exotic gear has more armor than blue/green/rare), fighting a level 80 in full exotics, it doesn’t really matter, because the upleveling system does not put you on equal footing and getting exotic gear is not hard.

My Stealthy Thief:

http://tinyurl.com/adjw3ww

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Oh yeah, 8.x iB whirl plus bonus 3.x Mind Wrack. Boom, >11k. That’s a hit on a lowbie though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I’m sure the OP is exaggerating, however the ability for us to cast iBerserker from ground level and have it spawn and hit a player out of LoS is absolutely broken and should be fixed. This isn’t the only spell like that (Necro’s Epidemic) that should all universally be fixed.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

I think it’s fair because clearly Mesmers are underpowered, according to consensus opinions on the forums. In addition, Mesmer phantasms have already been nerfed so far that they may as well take the skill off the weapons completely. If they gut Berserker as well, they may as well allow a re-roll options to swap classes with something else, like an Elementalist. This would also have the side-effect of allowing players to farm Orr DEs!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

No complaint about “massive damage” in WvW can ever be taken seriously because there are just WAY too many variables at play. For example…

1. The ele could have been like level 5 and the Mesmer could have been level 80 in full exotics.

2. The ele could have been in gear severely under his or her level (pretty common with the leveling speed in this game).

3. Both the ele and the Mesmer could have been traited full glass cannon.

4. There could have been something else hitting the ele that he wasn’t aware of.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

in Mesmer

Posted by: LadyHorus.8214

LadyHorus.8214

Line of Sight does need to be fixed on this ability, I wont deny that. I use iBerserker very often in sieges because of this, I’m sure we all know how useful it is in these scenarios. But like others have said, there are too many variables that could come into play in WvW. I’ve never hit someone with iBerserker for 90% of their health unless they were a lower level player (or possibly someone with lower level gear).

Rosangela Marie: 80 Mesmer • Rosangela: 80 Elementalist
MAGUUMA
My Artworks! - Lady Horus Gaming

in Mesmer

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

I disagree first off there is a distance to the phastasmal berserker and no you cannot target someone at the back of a rampart and cast it on them.
I personally cast it on the veteran archers and since they are AoE they will also hit anyone near them.
Also keep in mind if you are standing on the wall when I start casting even if you are moving back at the time or spin backwards it will still get you
Another thing as someone else mentioned there is no way ever no matter what that anyone could get 90% of their health from one cast it may do like 5-6k max maybe a little more if you basically make a really stupid build that is completely impractical to live more then 10 sec in WvW
And lastly ofc people always point to the mesmers when ranger and ele AoEs can actually go through walls and around corners. Cmon people

in Mesmer

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

The only thin the iBeserker needs it to not be casted without a LoS or all Phantasmes can be spawend without LoS I don’t really care.

If you run a glass canon build in WvW even on Warrior or Guardian expect to fell the pain. Also if you let the iBeserker run havor over you and you mates up ther for more then one spin it is your fault.

Blub.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Koega.8653

Koega.8653

@Eurosdown

Could you clarify? My Warden has never been able to ignore LoS. It fails to “Obstruction” quite a bit.

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I can cast iBerserker at a target on the other side of a gate while defending against a siege. It’s pretty funny actually, not that the phantasm lives long. However you do see some big numbers float up for the 0.5 seconds that he’s alive.

You don’t even need a target — it will auto target through the door for you.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

Maybe same mesmer that cast iBerserker also put down Reflect around this ele, and she just blew herself up? Happens all the time.

Knowledge is power.

in Mesmer

LaronX.8079

Yes Feedback is nasty. Add the confusion trait and ppl will run out of it and try to shout you through it. insert evil laugh

Blub.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kurrata.6427

kurrata.6427

lowest health is somewhere in 14-15k zone. There is no way iberserker hit you for ~12k hp they dont even do damage close to that number or maybe you were lvl 1 in lvl 1 gear while he was in full legendary with real lvl 80?

in Mesmer

Posted by: PadmaN.7820

PadmaN.7820

They do that kind of damage. Full berserker set, +250 precision sigil on swap +%5 dmg siiglon GS, +100prec/10%crit dmg food +6x Ruby Orbs, 30 in Duelist traits = 116% crit dmg and ~82% crit. Now take Trait which gives Phantasms fury. They should be at 100% crit now. Ofc some might stacks help too. For most squishy lvl 80 targets 1 zerker + shatter brings them down to ~30-40% (Except glass cannon thieves, they r almost dead at this point). Next hit is deadly. For non-level 80 even 1 zerker + shatter is deadly.

Sometimes its funny when I’m running past tower, and there is a defender on top of the wall lvl <80 and starts shooting at me. I turn back pop feedback and GS 2 + 4 + shatter and he’s dead. Guy must have ragequit.

(edited by PadmaN.7820)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

If a spin of iBerserker is 90% of your health, then I feel very sorry for your 2,3k health pool.

Now, I can understand it’s frustrating to lose 10% of your health from an invisible entity.
This bug is well documented and all over the bug report forum, see Invisible Armies.

(edit)
About the crit overcapping, that’s easy to fix, but this is more of a global change: It’s too easy to overcap crit to extreme numbers. And I don’t just mean Phantasms. If you focus on it, it sounds like you get +30% crit and +30% crit damage, right? Well that’s before gear / sigils / runes. If it were what you get from traits, all would be ok.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Another QQ post. I don’t understand why people moan JUST BECAUSE they lost in PvP. Congrats on making X profession less enjoyable for a number of players who also paid for the game, just like you. Grow up. I’m so annoyed by thieves right now yet you don’t see me complaining about it on forums.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Mesmer

Posted by: prodigy.1023

prodigy.1023

I have a better solution: let’s just /delete mesmer and pretend it never were. It’s quite clear at this point the devs don’t have a clue about what to do with the class anyway. So why don’t just go back to the drawing board?

My mesmer’s story ended on 07-Oct-2012.

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cotillion.7435

Cotillion.7435

Just close this thread, because it is 100% impossible that a berserker took you down 90% in one hit.

Good lord.

in Mesmer

LaronX.8079

They do that kind of damage. Full berserker set, +250 precision sigil on swap +%5 dmg siiglon GS, +100prec/10%crit dmg food +6x Ruby Orbs, 30 in Duelist traits = 116% crit dmg and ~82% crit. Now take Trait which gives Phantasms fury. They should be at 100% crit now. Ofc some might stacks help too. For most squishy lvl 80 targets 1 zerker + shatter brings them down to ~30-40% (Except glass cannon thieves, they r almost dead at this point). Next hit is deadly. For non-level 80 even 1 zerker + shatter is deadly.

Sometimes its funny when I’m running past tower, and there is a defender on top of the wall lvl <80 and starts shooting at me. I turn back pop feedback and GS 2 + 4 + shatter and he’s dead. Guy must have ragequit.

You would die at every siege with that kind of setup . Arrow carts would melt you, catapults would kill you and don’t even think about the enemy hitting back.

Blub.

in Mesmer

Posted by: romsea.8539

romsea.8539

Why in hell would you fellow mesmer want to have the iBerserker ability to bypass los to be nerfed..
Every class has a way to effectivly damage weapon siege or people standing on a wall or behind a door, mostly due to powerful large range aoe effect, and now everyone agree to nerf our one and only ability to do so effectivly.

Hiding behind a rock? every class could hit you again mostly with big aoe, pets etc, or if hiding themself could have ways to avoid los(again big aoe, pets etc), try to retaliate with iberserker to see a out of los red sentence appear on your screen?
I don’t even understand how could this make sense to some of you…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tinantier.5964

Tinantier.5964

“Standing at max range from the door inside the Tower and laying down a few AOE on the door. "

So AoEing through a door is fine but iBerserker passing through it isn’t? Maybe iBerserker isn’t the only thing here with LoS issues

Yasma – Mesmer – Divine Legend – Desolation

in Mesmer

Posted by: The Dude.6942

The Dude.6942

the gates/doors of towers/keeps/castles are a different issue. any type of aoe passing through it, as well as catapults knocking people on the other side away is a problem, but has nothing to do with a single skill.

phantasmal berserker is fine as is. slow attack rate, dies fast, very dodgeable if prepared. alot more dodgeable than other attacks which do more damage.

its damage is pretty much in line with other decent aoe’s. its worse than the best ones.

the phantasms which bypass LOS are those which are spawned AT the target, ie the melee ones. you know, those which are often pretty much instakilled, sometimes even before they attack once.

sure, a berserker from a glass cannon mesmer hurts. but so does pretty much anything from a glass cannon, regardless of class. remember they take alot of damage as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndyPandy.3471

AndyPandy.3471

the phantasms which bypass LOS are those which are spawned AT the target, ie the melee ones. you know, those which are often pretty much instakilled, sometimes even before they attack once.

sure, a berserker from a glass cannon mesmer hurts. but so does pretty much anything from a glass cannon, regardless of class. remember they take alot of damage as well.

What other phantasm ignores LOS?

AE skills work on a completely different level, but common we all know i can target someone on a wall and run to the wall, while he might be where-ever inside and i can cast berserker’s all day long, as long as i’m in range. The best part is, if he gets down somewhere inside, u simply keep spawning more berserker’s to finish him.

We all know its one of the main reasons why GS is so cool in WvW and such a “ability” would probably be stated in the tooltip, if its intentional.

So if we use common logic, we will notice no other “working” direct target-able skill ignores LOS this way. Hence this rule is even true for other MMO’s thats why we correctly assume its “bugged”.

So yes its a bug and they will fix it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

The phantasm does not ignore LoS. The skill that spawns it does. Whether that’s a bug or not remains to be seen. After all, no other working direct target-able skill ignores LOS this way; perhaps it’s an intentional difference.

Probably not, but hey: Mesmers are good at changing the rules, right?

in Mesmer

Posted by: The Dude.6942

The Dude.6942

I know for a fact that the Warden can be summoned through walls. Further phantasms which spawn at their target would be Disenchanter, Defender and Swordsman. Maybe even the Rogue when you’re downed. But it has to be checked if they really summon without LoS.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

I know for a fact that the Warden can be summoned through walls. Further phantasms which spawn at their target would be Disenchanter, Defender and Swordsman. Maybe even the Rogue when you’re downed. But it has to be checked if they really summon without LoS.

warden does not spawn without los. you cant even spawn it on a defender on a keep wall if he isnt at the VERY edge of it. no other phantasms spawn without los.

if it is indeed a bug, and nerf berserker, then i can see absolutely no reason to use GS ever(in wvw)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kryogenic.5139

Kryogenic.5139

The OP is brain dead. I witnessed this morning, on 4 separate occasions, my Phant Zerker was killed before he even rendered into the environment… meaning he never got off his damage… meaning I have to wait for that long cooldown before I can even attempt to pull him out again.

Granted, I’m new to the Mesmser gameplay. My Mesmer is only level 17. However, the proposed nerfs are going to make it harder than it all ready is to level a Mesmer in PvE.

I like my Mesmer. I’m trying to make it my main because the fights seem way more involved and intense on my Mesmer than any other class. I’ve played them all to at least mid 30s, with the exception of Necromancer. I haven’t even tried to create a Necro.

There is a huge disconnect between what’s perceived as what Mesmers can do versus what they can actually do. It’s rather obnoxious.

in Mesmer

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

at lvl 20 with Fine gear… doing 1.5k on non-crit with iBerserker. It’s fun As for the 90% health – yes a glass cannon will have ~4.5k crit iBerserker and it can hit the same target twice in one spin. So… yea you got hit by a glass cannon Mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: aelnova.8590

aelnova.8590

as a level 80 mesmer, I say Iberserker is fine. It should hit w/o line of sight.

If you insist on removing this ability, then you should also consider all the other skills that work w/o LOS. I’m specifically talking about every skill that can hit the top of a keep wall from down below with an AOE. I know I sit on the keep wall and get pummeled by all kinds of skills that are not line of sight.

Nerf one, nerf them all. Take your pick.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kyrul.7681

Kyrul.7681

The phantasm does not ignore LoS. The skill that spawns it does. Whether that’s a bug or not remains to be seen. After all, no other working direct target-able skill ignores LOS this way; perhaps it’s an intentional difference.

Feedback ignores LOS as well, actually. As long as your target is within range, Feedback will cast on it.

Warden will spawn behind a target (which can be out of LOS), but the original target still has to be in LOS. Warden can still be obstructed. e.g. casting Warden on a keep gate will spawn it behind the keep gate, but you still need LOS of the gate.

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

as a level 80 mesmer, I say Iberserker is fine. It should hit w/o line of sight.

If you insist on removing this ability, then you should also consider all the other skills that work w/o LOS. I’m specifically talking about every skill that can hit the top of a keep wall from down below with an AOE. I know I sit on the keep wall and get pummeled by all kinds of skills that are not line of sight.

Nerf one, nerf them all. Take your pick.

All abilities from all professions should require LoS to hit someone on top of (or through) a keep. To suggest otherwise is frankly silly.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

Posted by: Domoto.5870

Domoto.5870

I’m sorry, but it seems you are in the wrong part of the forum, let me re-direct you https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist

in Mesmer

Posted by: noot.8641

noot.8641

This is just silly, putting an arrowcart on top of a wall in WvW, if a mesmer keeps spawning those phantasms u can almost not focus on controlling the arrowcart but u have to focus on killing the phantasms, they do loads of dmg and kills ur siege and the respawn timer is just silly. This just needs a NERF asap! dont let them spawn them on top of walls in wvw..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

^ Well of course you have to kill the phantasms… If you’re ignoring them, then you kinda deserve to die. That’s the point, isn’t it? And please, phantasm damage isn’t half as bad as you’re making it out to be. They die so quickly and would have to be summoned multiple times before they could actually destroy siege weapons. So long in fact, that it isn’t really worth the effort.

But I agree that, if there’s a bug with LoS, it should be fixed.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Mesmer

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

This is just silly, putting an arrowcart on top of a wall in WvW, if a mesmer keeps spawning those phantasms u can almost not focus on controlling the arrowcart but u have to focus on killing the phantasms, they do loads of dmg and kills ur siege and the respawn timer is just silly. This just needs a NERF asap! dont let them spawn them on top of walls in wvw..

And other classes carpet bombing your walls hitting you and the siege equipment isn’t the same thing?

I agree that this is likely a bug a will be fixed, but I hope that ANet will give us something in return since we will have lost our only decent option for destroying siege on a wall, and we will be a pretty pathetic class for siegeing other then pulling newbs off with Into the Void.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Droppingloads.3679

Droppingloads.3679

I’m just impressed you think anet even beleives you……you do know ur lying why do u think they don’t know aswell….there is no time any one ability will hit u for 90% of ur hp……so apparantly ur a crybaby as proved by ur post so now we are expected to believe this is the first time any mesmer has ever used that ability on u but not only that but he almost one shot you with it…..seriously……I mean if u don’t know how to play or apparently even know how a game works and want a class nerfed at the very least try harder to make it happen but alas u won’t even try to play better so why expect more from the forum post about what u want done to a class……

This thread makes me very sad…..it should upset anyone who even reads its…….right now this person wants us to believe a spell in the game exists that can do what they are claiming? So anet nerfs some cd’s a week ago on a class meanwhile mesmers everywhere have been hitting players for 90% of their hp in one gcd? Seriously? U do know not only is the forum goers laughing behind ur back but so are the devs at anet?

I am just hoping ur toons name is the same as ur forum handle because I for one will be looking for twinbros anytime I pvp since apparently if I’m on a mesmer your a free kill….personally I would never even admit what you are admitting to us….meanwhile we all know u have no idea what spell hit u or what even 90% of ur hp is…..here’s how it really happened……u lose to a mesmer repeadtly (well u probably always lose) cause u def didn’t get this butthurt over a one time occurence then go on the forums read about a los issue with a spell then go on to repeat the los issue as the reason u lost….bud seriously ur defending a area as a ele because ur trying to use a bunker build since u are a fotm which u can’t even use correctly then u lose to a player who ealized ur an easy kill and now ur upset because no class will do what u expect which is make u better when u really do know the reason why this is probably the last class u had left u could copy a build others make work hoping u can stop being beat over and over again…..where ur screenshot? Where’s ur combat log? Because anet has data, people who have legitimate complaints have proof and u have a thread where no one has yet to even believe what u are saying other then the isse with a los glitch.