Phantasmal Buffs

Phantasmal Buffs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Ok folks, this is some big news. One of the largest sets of bugs in our traits is now fixed.

Phantasmal fury now stacks with vengeful images. They are both 10 second refreshing buffs on all phantasms.

They also fixed the interaction with phantasmal healing. Prior to the patch, the 10 seconds would run out on a buff, then you would get a tick of regen, and the buffs would never come back. Now, the buffs stay on permanently. Additionally, you get a tick of regen immediately when the phantasm is summoned. The refresh rate of the regen tick is still 3 seconds for the pistol phantasm, and 10 seconds for all the others, but this is a massive leap forward.

Phantasmal Buffs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cayafas.8290

Cayafas.8290

The ten-second delay until phantasms actually provide regeneration is still weird, especially since there’s no mention of it in the trait description. I’m curious if it’s working as intended with a wrong description (and a really weird pistol phantasm thing), or if the 10-second delay is a long-standing bug. Or maybe the pistol phantasm is the only one that’s working as intended?

Phantasmal Buffs

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

The ten-second delay until phantasms actually provide regeneration is still weird, especially since there’s no mention of it in the trait description. I’m curious if it’s working as intended with a wrong description (and a really weird pistol phantasm thing), or if the 10-second delay is a long-standing bug. Or maybe the pistol phantasm is the only one that’s working as intended?

As I said in the original post, they’ve actually sorta fixed that too. Prior to the patch, you needed to wait 10 seconds for the first tick. Now, phantasms drop a tick of regen IMMEDIATELY on summon. This means you can spam phantasms for the regen/protection because of that immediate tick.

Whether the 10 second delay on all phantasms except the pistol phantasm is a bug or not, I don’t know. I’m just glad they ACTUALLY fixed this.

Edit: The 10 second/3 second functionality has always worked that way. The pistols actually also kept the other buffs as well, being the only phantasms to work even remotely properly with the traits.

Phantasmal Buffs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cayafas.8290

Cayafas.8290

There’s no obvious reason why phantasmal duelists should work differently from other phantasms though, so it’s not that strange to assume that either it is bugged or the other phantasms are.

And while one tick immediately upon summoning phantasms is better than nothing, it too makes absolutely no sense, and furthermore one tick is pretty negligible :/

Phantasmal Buffs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

I’m glad they fixed these traits but with the state of our phantasms now, I just can’t help but think that they are still useless to be honest which is pretty sad. Is the range of the regen proc as bad as before?

Phantasmal Buffs

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

I’m glad they fixed these traits but with the state of our phantasms now, I just can’t help but think that they are still useless to be honest which is pretty sad. Is the range of the regen proc as bad as before?

The range is still abysmal: ~200 aoe radius.

Phantasmal Buffs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

The day they fix phantasms, sig of illusion is the day i’ll make a phantasm/vitality build. with broken everything the shatter builds is the only way to go

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Phantasmal Buffs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

I’ll have to give my Inspiration build a try again. I loved it before they broke it in September.

For those that don’t know. Fury never stacked with the retaliation trait, but Phantasmal Healing DID used to work. Your Phantasms provided regeneration immediately upon summon and refreshed it. Fury (or retaliation if you didn’t have Phantasmal Fury for some reason) had a duration of like 4 hours.

In fact, most of the perma boon traits had durations of hours. Engineers had a trait that granted them perma-stability while wielding a flamethrower for example. This caused issues with professions that could steal or convert boons. So ANet changed those sorts of effects to be 10s duration auto-refresh.

Unmentioned in the notes (surprised?) they did the same thing to Phantasm boon traits. However, this had the consequence of bugging Phantasmal Healing so it didn’t trigger until about 8s after the phantasm was summoned and, when it did trigger it caused Fury to stop refreshing itself.

So in one fell swoop they practically killed an entire trait line. This is huge news if it’s working properly since that build was the best way for a Mesmer to be somewhat of a rejuvenation supporter short of mindlessly spamming Mantra of Pain.