Phantasmal Haste

Phantasmal Haste

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ludicolo.3490

Ludicolo.3490

So I was just testing out making a phantasmal build today. While I was re-allocating my trait points into the Illusions category, I noticed that when I activated master trait X “Phantasmal Haste”, which is supposed to decrease phantasmal recharge rate by 20%, it didn’t actually lower the recharge rate for phantasms on any of my weapon skills. I was just wondering if there is anything that I’m missing or if any of my other fellow mesmers are experiencing this. I’ve attached two screenshots showing that I changed my traits but there is no change in my cool down time.

Attachments:

Phantasmal Haste

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

It speeds up the attack rate of phantasms. I think it works on clones too.

Phantasmal Haste

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bottleofsmoke.2758

Bottleofsmoke.2758

Hi. Phantasmal Haste affects how often your phantasm attacks, not how long before you can cast another phantasm.

Phantasmal Haste

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

And this badly formulated tooltip comes back to haunt us, again, ten months after GW2 came out.

Phantasmal Haste

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Yes it speeds up the attacks of most of your phantasms. For some reason it doesn’t work on all of them. I’m also pretty sure it doesn’t effect clones, but don’t quote me on that, as I haven’t tested it. It shouldn’t, since it’s intended for phantasms.

Someone recorded the exact speed of the attacks with/without the trait a while back and recorded it here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasmal_Haste

Keep in mind these numbers are pre patch, so who knows if it changed at all since then. Anet is famous for ninja nerfs/fixes.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

Phantasmal Haste

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

It would not be a problem if the trait itself would be perfect (hi swordsman).

Phantasmal Haste

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Yes it speeds up the attacks of most of your phantasms. For some reason it doesn’t work on all of them. I’m also pretty sure it doesn’t effect clones, but don’t quote me on that, as I haven’t tested it. It shouldn’t, since it’s intended for phantasms.

Someone recorded the exact speed of the attacks with/without the trait a while back and recorded it here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasmal_Haste

Keep in mind these numbers are pre patch, so who knows if it changed at all since then. Anet is famous for ninja nerfs/fixes.

Numbers are still accurate, at least superficially.

Phantasmal Haste

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ludicolo.3490

Ludicolo.3490

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me guys! One other thing too…When using the torch the trait IX in Domination “Cleansing Conflagration” it is supposed to “Reduce Cooldown of Torch Skills by 20%” though when you choose the trait. The Phantasm skill stays at my cooldown of 24 seconds. Where as the other torch skill goes from 30 seconds to 24 seconds. Would this be from a different trait that cannot stack?

Phantasmal Haste

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me guys! One other thing too…When using the torch the trait IX in Domination “Cleansing Conflagration” it is supposed to “Reduce Cooldown of Torch Skills by 20%” though when you choose the trait. The Phantasm skill stays at my cooldown of 24 seconds. Where as the other torch skill goes from 30 seconds to 24 seconds. Would this be from a different trait that cannot stack?

Be sure that you’re talking about actual cool down reductions and not just the tooltip text.

Phantasmal Haste

in Mesmer

Zumi.6384

I’m confused. The cooldown of the torch’s Phantasm is 30 seconds, so it should be reduced to 24 seconds with the trait. What you’re seeing is the reduced cooldown.

Tarnished Coast [Crit]

Phantasmal Haste

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

I’m confused. The cooldown of the torch’s Phantasm is 30 seconds, so it should be reduced to 24 seconds with the trait. What you’re seeing is the reduced cooldown.

I assumed he was talking about Torch trait + IC.

Phantasmal Haste

in Mesmer

Zumi.6384

I don’t think so, because he said “the other torch skill goes from 30 seconds to 24 seconds.” which leads me to believe he’s talking about just Dom IX

They both have the same cooldowns, so they’ll both have the same reduced cooldowns.

Maybe I misunderstood the question though? He’ll have to clarify to know for sure lol

Tarnished Coast [Crit]