Phantasmal Haste doesn't affect Warden?

in Mesmer

Posted by: lordmeowalot.8135

lordmeowalot.8135

Hey all! I know the wiki says that the swordsman isn’t affected by phantasmal haste but couldn’t find anything about the warden. I timed idling at 9 seconds in between attacks for traited and untraited wardens. They also took the same amount of time killing golems in the Mists. Am I misunderstanding how this trait is supposed to work? I noticed a clear difference between traited and untraited duelists though.

Sorry if this has been brought up before!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

This was broken in the recent warden patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: lordmeowalot.8135

lordmeowalot.8135

Dang. Well, I hope they fix it soon. Soooon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emissary.3792

Emissary.3792

As of today’s patch, it seems iBerserker is also broken with phantasmal haste. Anyone else notice this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

As of right now,
- Spear
- Greatsword
- Sword
- Focus

PH doesn’t apply to any of them. Warden still doesn’t initially attack half the time you summon him either. Mesmer is now officially the most broken class.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Warden does work I tought? It was just incredible low since he attacks 6 sec and has 8 cd → he attacks 6 sec and has 6.4 sec cd → 12.6 instead of 14 is barely noticeable.

But yea traiting for PH is just a waste – that’s why I just wen’t to 15.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: blutstein.2468

blutstein.2468

i thought it works on my warden yesterday… but not sure.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

I tested warden today, it still doesn’t work.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I’ve never traited too deep into illusions because I felt like the traits were useless – and until yesterday (15) I was kinda right. I was happy to finally get a bit down there, I wanted to go 0/20/0/30/20, but .. Well ya know.

It doesnt affect our best and most important phantasms … It’s f***ing annying thb. Duellist and iWarlock are the only useful phantasms that can make us of this trait. Really?

This bug exists since release it finally needs a fix! It’s like a warrior has a trait that says “increases your damage by 20%” but does only work with bow and rifle -.-’’

ANet statement would be nice, I’m kinda furious.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

I’ve never traited too deep into illusions because I felt like the traits were useless – and until yesterday (15) I was kinda right. I was happy to finally get a bit down there, I wanted to go 0/20/0/30/20, but .. Well ya know.

That’s my build now. I don’t like Illusions 5 & 10, since it doesn’t offer me anything useful (phant build).
If I get my staff kills full, I can finally switch back to GS (or scepter kills ?) and then PhantHaste will be uber …

This bug exists since release it finally needs a fix!

No, the bug exists since they “nerfed” the trait. Originally it worked with all phants decreasing their whole atkCycle by 20%. was pretty devasting for the pWarden. Almost continuous rotating.
Deserved balance including undeserved bugs.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

That’s my build now. I don’t like Illusions 5 & 10, since it doesn’t offer me anything useful (phant build).
If I get my staff kills full, I can finally switch back to GS (or scepter kills ?) and then PhantHaste will be uber …

This bug exists since release it finally needs a fix!

No, the bug exists since they “nerfed” the trait. Originally it worked with all phants decreasing their whole atkCycle by 20%. was pretty devasting for the pWarden. Almost continuous rotating.

Nah, you’re entirely wrong.

They never ‘nerfed’ the trait. They fixed the trait. When the wardens were continously spinning, that was closer to a 90% reduction, not 20%. If you think that was actually working as intended, you’re simply delusional.

The warden has worked with pHaste properly for a long time. It was only broken this patch when they changed how it attacks/chases.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Looks like a very anet way to balance things tho.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Nah, you’re entirely wrong.

They never ‘nerfed’ the trait. They fixed the trait. When the wardens were continously spinning, that was closer to a 90% reduction, not 20%. If you think that was actually working as intended, you’re simply delusional.

The warden has worked with pHaste properly for a long time. It was only broken this patch when they changed how it attacks/chases.

Yes, I’m entirely right. You just repeated what I said.
The pWarden was spinning too much because they reduced the entire attack cycle and not the cooldown between two attacks. e.g. pWarden rotates 7s and has a 3s CD. The attack cycle is 10s, reduced by 20% means new cycle is 8s and the attack duration is still 7s. So the new CD would be 1s.
Well, I believe the old versionn reduced a bit more, but it was untintentional, as we both stated. I quoted the ‘nerfed’ because it was a fix due to … unintentional behaviour. ANet patch-fixed that with direct numbers instead of a %-reduction.
But from that patch on pZerker and pMariner were unaffected. And pWarden joined their club two weeks ago.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I think the old version would be cool o.o’’

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

More anoying than PH not affecting most of our phantasms (come one, who was deep illusions ever since the nerf anyway?) is that pwarden is once again bugged to stand around and look pretty. Well let’s hope they get around to fixing the bugs introduced in the patch once again and not accidentally nerfing something in the process, again.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Again? You mean “still” …