Phantasmal Haste working as intended!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Heya!

Since the patch on tuesday july the 27th, ANet said in the patch notes, that Phantasmal Haste now works with the iAvenger.

Today I tested all phantasm’s attack frequency and I’m happy to announce that the first time since release (I believe xD) PH “works” with every phantasm!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasmal_Haste

I’ve updated the wiki site and added a column with the % attack speed increases. It’s a bit weird that some of them are greatly off the 20% they are supposed to be attacking faster. I understand that PH does not affect attack speed, only the cooldown, but some are … well look for yourself: :P

Illusionary “Name” ,,,,,,,,, | normal | traited | % boost
Illusionary Avenger ,,,,,,,,,, | 7.6s | 6.3s | 20.6%
Illusionary Berserker ,,,,,,,, | 7.1s | 6.1s | 16.4%
Illusionary Defender ,,,,,,,, | 4.7s | 4.1s | 14.6%
Illusionary Disenchanter | 2.5s | 2.2s | 13.6%
Illusionary Duelist ,,,,,,,,,,,,, | 7.6s | 6.6s | 15.2%
Illusionary Mage ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, | 5.8s | 5.0s | 16.0%
Illusionary Mariner ,,,,,,,,,,, | 10.0s | 8.5s | 17.6%
Illusionary Rouge ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, | 6.5s | 4.5z | 44.4%
Illusionary Swordsman ,,, | 4.6s | 3.5s | 31.4%
Illusionary Warden ,,,,,,,,,,, | 14.2s | 12.3s | 15.4%
Illusionary Warlock ,,,,,,,,,, | 6.9s | 5.7s | 21.1%
Illusionary Whaler ,,,,,,,,,,,,, | 10.0s | 8.5s | 17.6%

Greez!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

After a year of ignoring the issue they suddenly decide to fix it
/rolls eyes

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

in Mesmer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

On awarage its 20% boost xdd across all phantasms xdd so close enough xd we got mirror blade bounce back so I’m happy regardless

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I’d put it down to the cooldowns only starting at the end of the attack animation… but then there are some which speed up by more than 20%. So, I have no idea what’s going on with it.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I’d put it down to the cooldowns only starting at the end of the attack animation… but then there are some which speed up by more than 20%. So, I have no idea what’s going on with it.

I understand that PH does not affect attack speed, only the cooldown

;) It makes sense that the Duelist and Warden have noticable lower boosts than 20%, but why do others with an almost instant attack have it too? And why Swordsmen so gud? What about steroid Rouge? xD

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I understand that PH does not affect attack speed, only the cooldown

;) It makes sense that the Duelist and Warden have noticable lower boosts than 20%, but why do others with an almost instant attack have it too? And why Swordsmen so gud? What about steroid Rouge? xD

My guess is that it probably has to do with absolutely zero standards for their coding practices with skills. It’s possible that the swordsman skill is coded as a near instant attack with a longer animation, going on cooldown immediately. pDisenchanter and pDefender likely have massive aftercasts that don’t count towards the cooldown.

I feel like they probably apply a .8 modifier to every phantasm in some sense, simply because that’s really simple to do, but their spaghetti code makes it difficult to see what exactly that .8 modifier is doing.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Hehe woah … you’re probably right. Makes a lot of more sense than a dude randomly entering numbers between 15 and 45% … but the rouge still really astonished me. How about as power Chrono we go downed from time to time and summon 3 of them for max dps XD

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Thank you for taking the time to test this

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Thank you for taking the time to test this

Np If you want test stuff with phantasms yourself, I suggest to go to the silverwastes instead of the testing area – the puppets there won’t bring you in combat when phantasms attack them, so you can change traits and weapons on the fly.