Phantasmal Mage

Phantasmal Mage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Hello, long time after playing with the change of Phantasmal Mage, I much prefer the previous version, x1 burn is very little damage compared from x4 confusion, if it is true that Mesmer not have more access to the burn condition (except skill 1 of staff or skill 4 torch); moreover the burn also provides to cover confusion or torment if the enemy is cleaned conditions.

I propose a debate to focus on the phantasmal mage, if it should be focused more only on support or balancing DPS and support.

I suggest:

The Phantasmal inflict more conditions, for example:

x2 Burn (6s) “One extra x1 burn”

or

x1 Burn (6s)
x2 Confusion (6s) “Some confusion conditions could really good”

or

x4 Confusion (6s) “Back previous version”

What do you think?

I also suggest that the projectile Phantasmal Mage, when it hits the enemy, explodes in area, dealing damage and burn, similar attack of Echo of Memory (iAvenger)

Phantasmal Mage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I like the idea of multiple conditions. And also 4 stacks of confusion. One or the other.

The multiple conditions will help appease all those “but it’s a torch” sayers.

But Confusion is so much more mesmer…

Phantasmal Mage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I like that it was changed to a Burn, for the simple fact that it’s a Torch Phantasm. However, clearly under the new condition damage system 1 stack of Burning is just laughable for a Phantasm attack. (And compared to the previous 4x Confusion is again a bad joke.)

They went and changed the Burn stacks on various other classes, and there is absolutely no reason why this already worst Phantasms attack can’t have at least 2 to 3 Stacks of Burn. (I’d even say 3 stacks for 3 seconds. )

And while we’re on the Torch & Burn, also increase TP’s Burn to 3 stacks of Burning for 3 seconds.

Phantasmal Mage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yeah, one or two more burn stacks for the image and the prestige would both be nice.

Phantasmal Mage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Yeah, one or two more burn stacks for the image and the prestige would both be nice.

And Winds of Chaos.

Phantasmal Mage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

And Winds of Chaos.

Yeah that too.

Phantasmal Mage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

speaking of it being terrible, have you ever even actually watched this thing?
using it on the target golems that are in a line in the spvp lobby makes it miss the last hit
as if the bouncing slow projectile mechanic wasn’t bad enough already in a real environment, they can’t even hit stationary targets apparently
i still don’t understand how this stuff even gets passed “inspection day”
implying this game has those

EDIT:

uh… huh, actually, re-checking my rage to make sure, apparently it’s only if you cast it on the light golem…?
wat
it dissipates before hitting the heavy golem, but using it on heavy or medium and it hits all 3….

either way
whatever
skill needs to be changed, yes

(edited by Alpha.1308)

Phantasmal Mage

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

A fair change would:

Phantasmal Mage

Damage: 252
Fury (3s)
x2 Burning (3s) <———- New change (Before it was x1 Burning 6s)
Number of Bounces: 4 <——— New change (Increase 1 more bounce)
Range: 1,200

• The projectile attack would move faster towards the enemy goal, completing itself, the number of rebounds with wide radius. (Because it, sometimes might not even get to complete the number of rebounds).

With this change, burning x2 is enough damage, since we can multiply by Chronomancer with more times (Chronophantasm), getting x4 burning. Also using “Signet of the Ether” (Refresh all phantasm skill recharges).

And… other change would:

The Prestige

Damage: 330
Stealth (3s)
Blind (5s) With 240 radius <——- New change (Before it was 120 radius)
x3 Burning (3s) <—— New change (Before it was x1 Burning 3s)
Number of Targets: 5
Radius: 240
Combo Finisher: Blast

With this change, it makes more sense to approach the enemy for blast burning on foes.

If the team of skill rebalancing do this change, the mesmer would have a decent weapon with more access a “burning conditions”.

Phantasmal Mage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

^ Pretty good suggestions.

Although that is certainly rather conservative, but it would go a long way in making Torch at least as good as it was before the patch.

I’m all for conservative balancing, but I would also suggest to increase the projectile speed from the iMage, and to reduce the CD on it as well to 20-25s. (For some reason all the best Phantasms also have the shortest CDs, and the worst ones get doubly punished with a high CD and a crappy attack!)

Phantasmal Mage

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Ideas updates and clearer

Recalling that increase of a rebound more and the projectile attack would move faster towards the enemy goal, completing itself, the number of rebounds with wide radius. (Because it, sometimes might not even get to complete the number of rebounds).

Also increase the of blind effect (The Prestige) a radius of 120 to of 240.

Attachments:

Phantasmal Mage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Seeing as it was quite simply a balance oversight when they didn’t take into account the decreased potency of burning, I doubt we’ll see a rebalance for a long time. ANet tends not to notice things like this, since it wasn’t the design function of the skill itself that was flawed, but rather how it interacts with the newer condition system.

For us it’s obvious: this skill does near nothing. But ANet will take a looooong time to realize this, since in their mind they balanced it well. If it’s not game breaking, a balance issue will be overlooked for years at a time in some cases. It hurts

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org