Phantasmal Warden Is Even More Bugged!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

Now he only reflects projectiles from the target! Hooray for bug addition patches?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vorago.3651

Vorago.3651

I just tested this on a massive number of grubs and all of their projectiles were reflected, not just the grub I summoned Warden on.

Community Leader
www.binary-alliance.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magi.8643

Magi.8643

It seems to be fair temperamental as to what it will and won’t reflected at the moment.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

The way it works is that unless the projectile source is effectively on top of the warden, the projectile will only be blocked, not reflected. Yes, they broke it. More. Again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Revert it to how it was over a year ago, where it stayed still and did it’s friggin job. Pleeeeease ( ’ . ’ )

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vorago.3651

Vorago.3651

The way it works is that unless the projectile source is effectively on top of the warden, the projectile will only be blocked, not reflected. Yes, they broke it. More. Again.

None of my testing has been able to reproduce this. I’ve been all over the place and into a dungeon and FotM and everything that was being reflected, still is. The only condition being that the projectile going into the Warden’s AoE… and that’s always been the case.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve hated every time they “fix” the Warden and break it further/in a different way. I’m just not seeing these issues.

My Warden is:

• Reflecting the same projectiles it was reflecting before.
• Destroying the same projectiles it was destroying before (e.g. FotM Mining Suit Boss bombs).
• Doing the above to projectiles in the same areas it was before.

Community Leader
www.binary-alliance.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Again somethin I have to test myself -.-’’

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I thought they fixed the bug with the warden not attacking its target? My warden still sometimes does nothing after being summoned.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Was I mistaken or did they say they were also going to make Temporal Curtain reflect projectiles more reliably (particularly on slopes)? Because it’s still terrible.

They did also claim to be fixing this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Cannot confirm any reflection bugs. He works perfectly fine for me.

However he still sometimes won’t attack, I noticed this against angry karkas aswell serval “building” like devour nests.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

… I think I’m just going to stay clear of traited focus from now on. There are way too many bugs and what-ifs with that weapon for me to use it for anything more than keep lol-pulling and swiftness. Mesmer is bugged enough as it is, at this rate I feel like I’m down to the GS and staff if I want to use weapons without a skill that fails half the time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Boyd.5438

Boyd.5438

here is a short and simple test of the warden bugs and how to re-do the broken fix effect.

go to arah, do path 1.

cast warden on turret x3 on right side. check the turrets that are not near the warden.

first thing u will notice, turret 2 and 3 which are not the turrets you landed your warden on, gets reflected, it reflects BUT deals no damage.

2, The turret you land your warden on, look at the frequency where the reflected static damage is returned. it is 1 reflect per second instead even if you use temporal curtain, it is more reliable.

etc etc much more. lazy to elaborate. just go try

and i also have a feeling @ the reflected projectile that deals no damage is a code error which reflects projectiles without marking it as hostile projectiles instead after getting reflected, hence granting all combo field positive benefits or effects of the projectile back to the caster.

hence if icebow 1 gets reflected doesnt deal damage, it heals instead.

or if projectile goes thru a light field attacking the warden, it will be reflected as a condi removal projectile removing condition from the hostile caster instead of damaging them.

edit, i remember somewhere on the forums there is a video from an IX guild person testing out this issue @ obsidian sanctum @ wvw too. same problem.

(edited by Boyd.5438)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Juan.4569

Juan.4569

Am I the only one still getting the issue of the Warden just standing there doing nothing? It’s still just as frequent to me as it was before the patch. I really hoped It would be reliable again

in Mesmer

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

It’s not just you.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Yea a couple of posts up and u’ll see I have the same issue. It’s most apparent for me when I run CM

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Starman.3682

Starman.3682

Adding my voice to the choir here. I’m experiencing warden failure about 1/3 of my casts.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

doesnt matter since mesmers are not too viable anymore.. atleast for speedruning , they are now together with necro and engi.. lets face it and move on to elementalist everyone

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Focus, I’d like to introduce you to my friend, Black Lion Salvage Kit.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE