Phase Retreat and getting stuck in odd places

in Mesmer

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Phase Retreat works oddly for me….a good few times now I’ve gotten stuck in odd places.

I got stuck in a big fire torch, a dog hound cage, a helicopter?!…also in invisible walls in mounts and hills. Is this some sort of bug?

I asked a fellow mesmer user if they have ever gotten stuck anywhere using phase retreat, and they said no…so it’s odd I’ve experienced it.

Even in Tixx’s Infinitarium just yesterday I got stuck in an invisible wall after using phase retreat. The only way out is to way point on every occasion.

Anyone else experienced this?

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Happen with any teleports. Last time it happened, a few days ago, it was with Sword #3. I got stuck one of those things with fire on it in cliffside and I was unable to blink out, on top of my group wiping while I was trying to get out. So I was forced to leave the group and let them 4man, since apparently, /stuck isn’t working at all(wiki says it may puts you in a fractal solo, but it doesn’t even do anything)

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

Yeah I get stuck pretty regular with phase retreat. Yesterday I even wound up underneath the wvw map. Sometimes I can use blink to get unstuck, if I target the top surface of whatever I’m stuck in.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

So is with Illusionary Leap. I’m so scared everytime I try to use teleporting skills.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

The classic response would be “OMG, I get stuck all the time”, but it would be hyperbole. The actual rate is about once every few days for me when using staff regularly.

Recent spots I recall: Jormag (stuck behind barrels), WvW (stuck in rocks), and AC (ported into the lake under the zone). Yep, there’s actually a lake under the AC dungeon, which is handy considering the distance. I could swim around and kill burrows above me, too. So, it was at least a partial blessing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: gymdawg.6347

gymdawg.6347

The first time I experienced this was during the lost shores event. Me and some other random mesmer got ourselves stuck near the ori node, and were there for a good 10 minutes. It was only then did I find the solution. Just try using blink and portal to get out, it works 95% of the time.

And yes, I get stuck everywhere. It’s irritating but every now and then it saves my life.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Happens every now and again. I actually find it quite fun to see what objects I can get stuck in. Also, more often than not it’s saved my life in Wv3.

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

Think of it as another random element in the randomness that is the mesmer. Just thank the heavens it doesn’t teleport you off ledges.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

I have the same problem. The other thing I have noticed since patch is Staff 2 turns you 180 degrees when you use it so you are facing away from the enemy after you use it. I always end up pulling another mob because it will auto attack right after casting it.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Detritus.5863

Detritus.5863

This used to happen to me a lot, but since the patch where the behavior of the skill was adjusted, it happens very seldom. I just /bug report it whenever it happens, hopefully the devs will be able to pull some useful data from the logs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

I actually have teleported into a wall in WvW that was ours, but was later capped by the enemy. I was able to kill people inside the wall…. it was quite funny. They couldn’t hit me for about 20+ mins. Then a engineer popped his flamethower out and downed me lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Thank goodness it’s not just me then! Was beginning to think I was doing something wrong.

I agree, it is actually quite fun in a way….inconvenient, but fun too.

Also I agree Ramiel, I am sooo glad I don’t get teleported off ledges. I guess I prefer getting stuck in things.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Mesmer

Posted by: doomcrier.5830

doomcrier.5830

I got stuck three times today. Once in a cage with a spider, another time in a personal story instance that I had to restart, and one more time inside a cart. But today was a bad day for getting stuck. I’ve taken it to calling it the mesmer tax.
Sometimes I just find myself weird places and it takes me a second to figure out where I’ve gone. Wound up on top of a cliff once. Another time I was on, like, a strut or something underneath the bridge I had been standing on.