Phase Retreat teleporting into a wall

in Mesmer

Posted by: smilko.4056

smilko.4056

I’m probably not the only mesmer with this issue, but it really irritates me that Phase Retreat oftenly gets me stuck in a wall or the ground, and a lot of times with foes nearby, so you can’t even waypoint out of.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mubyoshi.2467

Mubyoshi.2467

yeah, happens to me a LOT. even worse when you tele into a rock under the water so you can’t tele back out using same skill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jarvis.3487

Jarvis.3487

Happened to me twice tonight, reported bug both times. I ended up in the floor below and there was water, and was able to swim around a little bit but it was very small, could not jump out, had to use waypoint to get out of there

Pre-purchased 7/31/2012 (unsubscribed SWTOR as well…)
Music for the weekend – http://protoculturedjblog.blogspot.com/
Active GW2 forum – http://www.guildwars2forum.com/members/12043-Jarvis

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fubbles.1586

Fubbles.1586

This can happen with any movement/teleport ability it seems. I have gotten stuck inside structure walls in WvWvW using illusionary leap on sword, portal, blink and phase retreat.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aristar.4095

Aristar.4095

I get stuck in a wall multiple times a day… Blink usually can get you out though, but not usable when underwater.

in Mesmer

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

oh god no… i’d rather have the bugs than have this ALSO be turned into a targeted ability like blink and become utterly useless for what it’s supposed to be — an “oh kitten” gap opener.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

I even posted in the “List of bugged abilities and traits” thread, wondering why this isn’t in there. I hoped it would get more exposure there.

in Mesmer

Posted by: killertofu.3209

killertofu.3209

I’ve been experiencing the same issue since I purchased the game. I’m surprised that even after a few patches, it hasn’t been resolved. The thing is that waypoints cost money, and this bug happening many times during my play period is making me frustrated and broke. You guys really need to fix this ASAP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dreleth.3647

Dreleth.3647

Phase Retreat through a wall or under the ground hasn’t happened to me too often. It only happened twice: Once in the Ascalonian Ruins while doing a DE (Charr 1-15 zone) and once while in an inquest research lab in a 40-50 zone (I forgot the zone name, but it’s where the Shatterer is)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I have had this happen but they did mention in today’s patch notes that they implemented a fix to:

Fixes to maps to prevent players from moving outside of the playable area.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-September-25th-2012/first#post244270

I wonder if that will take care of this bug as well?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Grebyr.7215

Grebyr.7215

This is still happening. It gets really annoying when you have to log out or teleport out to fix this when you are in personal story. Yeah nothing like repeating the last 20 minutes.

in Mesmer

killertofu.3209

This is really getting frustrating. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered so many kitten bugs in a game. This happens so often for me that it’s starting to make me not want to play this game. I get under ground, and for some reason it’s water.. So I can’t even phase retreat out. I’m in combat, so I can’t even waypoint elsewhere. I have to logout and back in, then I’d have to start the kitten quest all over again. It’s starting to kitten me off..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

Phase retreat works differently.

It has the ability to warp onto a different piece of land, with how the landscape works, that can often be underground or in a wall.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loafers.4126

Loafers.4126

My fingers are becoming too pruned up to grip my staff much longer. I would also appreciate a refund of the waypoint coin I pay on behalf of poor attention to detail during world design.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabbathius.1465

Sabbathius.1465

I’m probably not the only mesmer with this issue, but it really irritates me that Phase Retreat oftenly gets me stuck in a wall or the ground, and a lot of times with foes nearby, so you can’t even waypoint out of.

You think getting stuck in a wall is bad? I got ported inside a dolyak once. And got stuck there… True story.

in Mesmer

Posted by: CeCaKonVeu.5734

CeCaKonVeu.5734

You think getting stuck in a wall is bad? I got ported inside a dolyak once. And got stuck there… True story.

LMAO nice one

I dont remember getting that bug but once maybe i fell under the map (not sure if this was teleport bug or just random glitch), and once in Legacy of foefire I phase retreated into the fortress walls, I made it out with blink though .. staff is usually not my main weapon so maybe why i didnt get it much.

in Mesmer

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

I agree so much with that … Provided it’s one of our mostly used skill, it’s VERY frustrating to suddenly become useless. Either you spend a lot on teleport to waypoints and waste time, or you are in combat and cannot do anything … What about a /stuck that allows to unstuck ? Or give a way to get back on earth such as enabling blind underwater.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Effusion.4831

Effusion.4831

iirc one of the devs basically said that they’re treating it as a collision issue in the environment and that they’re going to fix it on a case-by-case basis, which sucks because it seems to happen kitten everywhere.

in Mesmer

killertofu.3209

Any word from the devs? It’s still happening. Happened twice today, within 5 minutes of each other. In Citadel of Flames, path 3 – during the torch event I ended up phase retreating inside the rock that holds the torch, and the mobs couldn’t attack me. And soon thereafter, I retreated under ground – which was water, used my trident water ability (5) which stunned them and dragged them into the water, then downed him by myself because he had no idea what was going on and was running underwater not knowing what to do.

So yeah.. Sometimes it may benefit me, but most times it’s just pure annoying. More or less, this can be used as an exploit and should be resolved immediately.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

report the location when you get stuck, effusion is correct in that the devs said they can’t apply a general fix for all bugged locations.