Please fix illusionary leap

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

Hey guys in this video I have two really well known bugs for you that are still not fixed

1. Stacking 8 stacks confusion on an enemy with a 100% combo finisher bug
2. Illusionary Leap failing 99% of the timeā€¦ please fix it! (it makes shatter almost unplayable on certain areas on some maps)

Link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njR9F6NO9qc

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Well… the combo finisher may be a bug (or not), but is it really too strong? The duration of those 8 stacks isn’t really long, plus, you’re blowing 2 cooldowns for it (utility plus duelist). Let’s say a Mesmer has a staff (chaos storm) and nullfield equipped.
Those skills have a 35s/40s CD.

Now, compare with concussion bomb (5 stacks AoE confusion, 18s CD) and Pry Bar (5 stacks confusion, 15s CD). Both with longer duration on a shorter cooldown.
To be honest, I don’t really see the point in nerfing confusion Mesmers. It’s already a weak build (only exception would probably duels). If anything, the finisher chance should be reduced to maybe 60%, so that at least ~4 stacks are guaranteed. 20% finisher chance would really be a joke.

The other thing, yeah. They already told us a while ago that this is a bug that won’t be fixed in the near future, because of technical issues. They are already aware of that

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

yes i dont think its too strong in tournys
i just think its quite annoying on duel servers and people complain about mesmer being op because of that

i actually just wanted illusionary leap to be fixed thats my main point haha

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

iLeap really needs to be fixed now with the new WvW lakes kitten many areas are uneven, shatter build is nearly impossible as a roamer as it bugs out nearly all the time now.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

if we want it to be fixed i guess we need a number of views and comments so please try to bump this topic as often as possible to make the devs see it
for the sake of our mesmer community <3

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

They already stated that it is an engine issue and they can’t change it. So they are aware of it but just don’t care enough. I guess they could make the clone spawn at the enemy, though.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

yes something like that would be awesome!

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShiK.9184

ShiK.9184

I guess they could make the clone spawn at the enemy, though.

Yes like the 4 with the GS , the enemy could see it coming and can dodge it too.
And the sound of the “switch” with the illusion and yourself is a good help for a cc!

(edited by ShiK.9184)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

If the clone from illusionary leap spawns next to the person, we could probably use it on a player above or below us if we have them targeted, and then switch places with it to a higher or lower z-axis, as long as it’s within the 600 range. My guess is that’s the dev’s main issue for not fixing it already. But that change would literally rock my world and make me very happy.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

but actually that’s how the thieves port works atm and anet still keeps that in the game

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

SSHHHHH!!!!! Sensorix I don’t want them to fix the pistol bug, you make extremely powerful and viable confusion builds centered around it O.O

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

The combo finisher is probably not considered a bug now. Devs said something similar with war LB longtime ago that they wanted the weapon to become 100% combo when traited so that there’s a point to take the trait. It’s not a new topic.

iLeap will never be fixed because it’s a leap. To fix that, they have to make it “teleport” based, which will never happen.

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

ah okay so its not a bug? didnt know that
thanks! well then kaamau no worries they wont change it (but it’s pretty broken you must admit that haha)

in Mesmer

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

I get why people get worked up by iLeap, but 99% failure? That’s a little high. Mine fails about 1/4-1/3 of the time, and when it does, i just stay out of the way of damage while my clone runs up to the enemy at a normal pace.

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

ah okay so its not a bug? didnt know that
thanks! well then kaamau no worries they wont change it (but it’s pretty broken you must admit that haha)

Not much, I’d say. As an occasional confusion mesmer, in general, you have two most effective ways of applying confusion. It’s either through combo or cry of frustration. Trait would probably be 0/30/0/20/20 for combo and 0/20/0/20/30 for COF. The latter requires that you have Duelist X which means you have to give up Duelist IX. The first one allows you to have both X and IX but if you shatter your iDuelist then your glamour is useless without the combo finisher. So it’s sort of mutually exclusive. Combo confusion hits harder because it lasts longer but shatter confusion comes with more survivability. Both generate 8 stacks of confusion. Shatter doesn’t require utilities. Plus if you shatter, you’d probably use S/S + Staff anyway.

(edited by DavyMcB.1603)

in Mesmer

Sensotix.4106

I get why people get worked up by iLeap, but 99% failure? That’s a little high. Mine fails about 1/4-1/3 of the time, and when it does, i just stay out of the way of damage while my clone runs up to the enemy at a normal pace.

okay i have to admit thats an exaggeration^^

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

He obviously exaggerated

However, it does fail often and that is quite a problem since it is the only real gap closer the Mesmer has. It can also fail when swapping because of the terrain even if the illusion charged towards the target. And it also fails being casted at all quite often. Not sure why.

If it works it is great. But you always have to be prepared that it doesn’t.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Unless the terrain is really smooth and even, I use illusionary leap only from very short distance to get the immobilize off