Please fix illusionary leap

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

Arenat this problem exists now since the beta
What kind of problem is it :
well if u use sword 3 ur illusion is most likely to not reach your target if your target is not on even ground

in Mesmer

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Yeh its true…… stairs, slopes and terrain irregularities make our main CC terribly unrelyable.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

They built all the terrain then made the skill only to realize “oh crap for this skill to actually work we will have to make all the maps flat, Sod it just leave it as it is”

Hence your not going to see this EVER get fixed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

They built all the terrain then made the skill only to realize “oh crap for this skill to actually work we will have to make all the maps flat, Sod it just leave it as it is”

Hence your not going to see this EVER get fixed.

Yep. Its awful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

An easy fix would be to make the first clone teleport to the target, so instead of running at super speed just to get stuck on a step it could teleport to the right position. To help players to still read the move in order to dodge it, it could use the common mesmer effect: same effect used on blink or phase retreat or more… the mesmerizing butterflies.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

There was a dev post ages ago saying this is a technical limitation/fault with the system and could/would not be fixed. That was atleast 3 months ago and I don’t have the source, so may be incorrect… but yeah…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

There was a dev post ages ago saying this is a technical limitation/fault with the system and could/would not be fixed. That was atleast 3 months ago and I don’t have the source, so may be incorrect… but yeah…

Yeah not shocked at all, seems like they didnt put as much effort/research into the engine before actually starting the game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

I remember that post, so yeah, it’s true. Funny that they implement something which is obviously bugged/doesn’t work and they just refuse to fix it. If they can’t fix it with the current mechanic, why don’t they just change the mechanic? Now I know that’s probably easier said than done, but saying “can’t be fixed, it’ll stay this way” is the worst thing they could do.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Make it an actual Leap, currently it is a dash, should have at least changed the name iDash so not as misleading.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

An easy fix would be to make the first clone teleport to the target

I don’t think that would help. I’m guessing that the clone uses the same kind of movement that is used to find out if blink works on a spot or not. We can’t blink on stairs, after all and iLeap fails horribly there.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

12 months, nothing. They don’t even need to ‘fix’ it. All that should be done is make the clone spawn at target’s location and the failed leap will never happen again. This isn’t fixed because fixing important stuff isn’t their priority, adding garbage to gem store is tho.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Whatever happened to the version where YOU leaped in (and it was an actual LEAP move), and then you could use the secondary skill to teleport back to where you started leaving behind a clone? (Also known as that Buggy Beta attempt which they apparently gave up on and gave us … this buggy attempt).
Ya know, the method they had that didn’t rely on trying to have NPCs try to navigate 3D terrain and getting stuck on every little piece of rock as their “Leap” is actually 2d?

They could simply do the reverse even. YOU leap forward, leaving behind a clone targeting the enemy. If you hit, you cripple the target. THEN you can use the Swap skill to trade places with the clone behind you, immobilizing anyone around you as you left.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Originally there were supposed to be two versions, no? One sent the clone in, one had you leap in and the clone stay behind. Point was that the enemy wouldn’t know which version you used.

But hey, the pathing on slopes is a very widespread general-game-issue. It’s nothing Leap-specific.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

Make it work like thiefs shadow shot. Fixed.

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Arenat this problem exists now since the beta
What kind of problem is it :
well if u use sword 3 ur illusion is most likely to not reach your target if your target is not on even ground

What kills a mesmer? Slightly hilly terrain But in all seriousness +1 to this actually being fixed.

Countless

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Mind you, as I said above, this problem is game-wide, not a specific issue with Illusionary Leap.

And as such, I suspect it’s a limitation of the game engine. Whether it was developed in-house or bought I don’t know. I guess in the former case it can realistically be fixed in finite time, but it’d still mean changing code which is very deep in the game and affects everything. Every single move every single unit makes, every ability which moves a character or NPC, every move in every scripted cutscene.

That’s … well if I had to develop that, I’d probably guess it at ~6 man-months. 1 day for the change, 1 day for code-testing, and the rest is game-testing. And even then, given the scope of the game, I’ve only tested the “important” cases. Cutscenes, player-abilities, charge-type abilities on mobs. I haven’t checked all hills in all zones or anything, I’d guess that at 6 months with a dedicated testing team.

As in: No one would pay for that. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I totally agree with Carighan’s post, and I think we can appreciate that it’s just not fixable.

That’s why they should just change illusionary leap to use any of the working teleports, which would require very little coding (use existing tech).

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

As long as it’s a leap-based skill and not teleport-based, it will never be fixed. Sadly, I think Anet wants it to be leap-based. Otherwise you’d have to give up leap finisher. So.. it will never be fixed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Well, I was thinking something like the ranger greatsword leap, which almost never seems to fail due to terrain. But it’s funny, because Illusionary Leap already sort of visually behaves more like a teleport than an actual leap. Maybe the finisher code is difficult to tinker with though, i don’t know…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vexd.1238

Vexd.1238

I really wish they would just admit the skill doesn’t work and rework it to a blink-to-target+summon clone skill instead.

The idea behind Illusionary Leap is great but it just does not work as intended.

I think players would rather have a simple skill that works reliably rather than a cool idea that doesn’t work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

iLeap has been failing for me more often lately.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lahel.6381

Lahel.6381

Kinda random for me when it works and when it doesnt