Poll: Would you refund PoF?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

As a Mesmer main would you consider getting a refund, or refuse to buy PoF if no good Mirage changes came before release?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13753838

For the sake of discussion, if the vote was overwhelmingly strong do you think it would incite change? (albeit temporary considering to them it’s literally a light switch.)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

There are 9 new elite specs. At least some of them gonna be good. I will just play a good one if mirage stays like this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

No (I would not refund), even as mesmer main (or especially as mesmer main) I’ve gotten used to the fact that we are no warriors, elemtalists or guardians.

Granted the last 2 years with HoT were different somewhat compared to vanilla (guardians being not 100% required for once, elis not being as dominant especially as dps) and we were very desired with an elite spec that sort of worked. The core issues of our class were never fixed though, something every mesmer should been aware of.

I’m still enjoying the game immensely and have the luxury of having multiple endgame geared characters. I’ll just play one of those as temporary new main (as I have in the past) until Mirage becomes fun, or stay chrono if need be.

Being happy with an elite spec should not be a reason for refunds, that would basically mean it was the only reason you were interested in GW2 PoF and I do hope most people are more intersted in the story, mounts, new additions to the game, etc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

I know that the Elite Spec for Mes isn’t really good, but there are other features and other elites that I’m excited about.

Mirage DPS HYPE

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Nah. I’m actually considering rolling a Scourge right now. Really powerful for large scale WvW. Literally just use your desert shroud and walk through blobs, and you’ll just boon corrupt all along the way.

Seriously, the amount of boon corrupt that spec brings out is absolute freaking insanity.

And it doesn’t even just corrupt boons into their relative condition. No no no. Every single boon gets converted into a damaging condition.

Absolutely monstrous.

What were we talking about again? Oh, yeah. Mesmers getting crap for an elite spec and whether or not we’d quit.

Seriously guys, if you’re considering quitting, just respec.

Firebrand & Scourge are a lot of fun, and can remind you of a mesmer in a lot of ways.

And neither suffer from the plethora of problems Mesmer have for ages.

Although, I will remind everyone that with PoF it’s my understanding that all of the core trait lines are supposed to be redone a bit in order to generate barrier.

So Mesmers might end up with something fresh to play anyway.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I was so hyped about Mirage… soooo much. So reality check was really harsh for me.
As for the refund – I have not yet bought PoF and TBH as it is now I do not see myself spending 80E as I have planned Friday… actually now I am in the mood of not buying PoF from AN directly and waiting at the release when basic key will be available for 15E from internet wholesaler.

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I’m actually 100% sure i’m buying expansion because of Mirage. I liked it that much. So i definitely would not want a refund.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Hell no, I’m looking forward to Mirage on release.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Skuzz.6580

Skuzz.6580

The good old Refund topics because they feel disappointed…
PoF is not all about the Elite specs.. The amount of content PoF brings is insane.

And if you don’t care as much about PvE content then PvP wise, Mirage is actually a very strong PvP spec.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

No. There is a lot more to the expansion than just the elite spec.

in Mesmer

Posted by: novas.1845

novas.1845

No because there are other specs I enjoy as well. Also you don’t HAVE to play the new specs at all if you don’t want to. At first I didn’t like mirage but the longer I tested it and learned how it worked a little more it was actually fun for me. As most have said chrono will likely be more useful in high end pve content and that’s fine. Doesn’t make me want play the expansion any less.

But I’m actually looking forward to playing mirage personally. Don’t get me wrong I still think they need to make a few tweaks here and there to smooth it out but overall I really like it!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I didn’t buy it so no. Didn’t see a need to rush out and buy it especially as they announced the demo weekends.

Now other classes have specs I like and there is other good stuff in the expansion but the Mirage is so poorly thought out it has killed my interest in the expansion. If Anet is going to give me a middle finger I don’t see why I should give them money.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Skuzz.6580

Skuzz.6580

I didn’t buy it so no. Didn’t see a need to rush out and buy it especially as they announced the demo weekends.

Now other classes have specs I like and there is other good stuff in the expansion but the Mirage is so poorly thought out it has killed my interest in the expansion. If Anet is going to give me a middle finger I don’t see why I should give them money.

Anet still gives you 10 Thumbs up for playing Chrono though, so that 1 middle finger.. doesn’t seem all that bad

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

This is a dumb topic. I probably won’t buy PoF until Mirage is better.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

So… spend 30 dollars merely for one elite class? That is beyond Mesmer being your main or not; I get there are peeps who ONLY focus on one char and nothing else and whatever that’s cool for them but PoF offers far more; but to each their own, I don’t see many ppl wanting a refund if Mirage happens to start off not where it was hoped to; things change.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

So… spend 30 dollars merely for one elite class? That is beyond Mesmer being your main or not; I get there are peeps who ONLY focus on one char and nothing else and whatever that’s cool for them but PoF offers far more; but to each their own, I don’t see many ppl wanting a refund if Mirage happens to start off not where it was hoped to; things change.

The class is how you interact with all those things though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Although, I will remind everyone that with PoF it’s my understanding that all of the core trait lines are supposed to be redone a bit in order to generate barrier.

So Mesmers might end up with something fresh to play anyway.

Uh, the pre-PoF balance update hit. Nobody got Barrier. I don’t think they’re going to do another trait overhaul anytime soon (other than elites).

And I don’t buy an expansion for the elites, so I’m not going to refund.