Polymorph Moa

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Why do you make a 100% unbreakable command available to mesmers in WvW?
No other class can do this.
It lasts 10s. That’s way too long.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

inb4 you get trolled hard.

Seriously though, gotta love these moa complaints.

/popcorn

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Down the mesmer in moa form and say “in your face!”

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Every tried to use the skills you have as a moa or tried to dodge?

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

katniss.6735

I’m a staff ele, and my only option to win is through kiting, and moa takes that option away completely. Because mesmer follows it up with immob. There is no escape whatsoever. With 1822 toughness it’s impossible to live through the 10s timer.

What do you love about these complaints?

I’m not talking about 1v1s either. Moa = death in 1> vs 1.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

inb4 you get trolled hard.

Seriously though, gotta love these moa complaints.

/popcorn

Is it that time again?

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

Wow you guys are so right how could I not have seen it before from the many other Moa complaints. This very visible 1 second cast time that can be blocked or evaded is a severe oversight in pvp. I mean what can you do if you get moa morphed?! It’s not like there are skills that can make you jump or an instant run away skill that evades everything. Of all the things A.net dropped the ball on this ability must be the worst outcome from it. Thanks so much for your insight guys.

P.S. Don’t post here again with silly complaints, we don’t want to have your qq threads tainting our discussions, thank you.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

I’m just going to quote one of the commanders I had while on course in the military:
“Your sad story touches my heart. Deeply.”

Kiss the chaos.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

I’m a staff ele, and my only option to win is through kiting, and moa takes that option away completely. Because mesmer follows it up with immob. There is no escape whatsoever. With 1822 toughness it’s impossible to live through the 10s timer.

What do you love about these complaints?

You’ve heard that story of a staff ele beat a mesmer when equal skilled?
Yeah exactly, me neither.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

They should make Moa Morph to be a 5-10 person AoE that turns them into moas for 3 seconds, with a higher cd.

Now that will be funny lol

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

katniss.6735

You say it can be blocked or evaded. There’s no way to tell when someone is casting it. Especially if you’re already running away from them.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

You say it can be blocked or evaded. There’s no way to tell when someone is casting it. Especially if you’re already running away from them.

Moa skill 5 can easily outrun illusionary leap if you use it instantly (which you should anyway)

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

1. It’s fairly easy to see if the mesmer is casting moa seeing the massive pruple glow around him. The casting time is 1 second so time enough to press your dodge button or anything to prevent it.
2. It’s your own fault if you don’t watch your enemy while you run away, not their.
3. You get a 0.75 sec evade in moa form. The immobilize casting time you were talking about got a casting time of 3/4 sec and an average leap time of the clone of about 0.5 sec. If you can’t dodge this within 1.25 seconds with dodge or #5 then again it’s a personal skill issue.

Tbh I don’t get why this kittened elite has been put in the game either. I’d rather see a 40-60s cooldown skill that doesn aoe daze. Guardian got 1 on their books (which is like 1 of the 5 skills you get), why doesn’t mesmer get one?

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

I’d gladly give up Moa for Illusionary Fiery Greatsword tbh; it’s such a useless elite lol.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Moa #5 takes you far enough away to make it impossible for a mesmer to catch you unless he has Blink up and GS equipped.

/edit:

You are not supposed to win 1vX. You can if your opponents are trash, which happens often, but usually you shouldn’t.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Luzano.6983

Luzano.6983

Nice Troll Maguuma lol.

[GF] / [Guam] Alaiii – Jackie Lautchang – Luzano

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Well, stop playing in ‘Zerker’ armor for WvW and you will survive.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

And again…

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

katniss.6735

I’ve seen no good arguments made about why it should last 10s and be irremovable.
I do know about the 5 skill. That’s hilarious that that was even mentioned. And I definitely do not roam in zerkers. Full ascended 4 pvt/2 celestial, cav trinkets. Trav runes. All the wvw stacks. I can see that I will only get trolled from the mesmer community, but this skill clearly needs to be changed.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Pyroathiest.4168

I’ve seen no good arguments made about why it should last 10s and be irremovable.
I do know about the 5 skill. That’s hilarious that that was even mentioned. And I definitely do not roam in zerkers. Full ascended 4 pvt/2 celestial, cav trinkets. Trav runes. All the wvw stacks. I can see that I will only get trolled from the mesmer community, but this skill clearly needs to be changed.

Have you tried dodging?

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

It’s a learn to play issue.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I find it fascinating that you’re serious about this. Try a mesmer and you’ll be fascinated as well.

Btw moa is cute.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

“This game is so unbalanced 1v1”!

… Yep. Surprised?

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Dusty Moon.4382

It is not meant to be a 1 v 1 game. If it was balanced 1 v 1 then it wouldn’t be balanced for a group.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

DeathReign.7821

It is not meant to be a 1 v 1 game. If it was balanced 1 v 1 then it wouldn’t be balanced for a group.

Warriors and thieves say hi.

Kiss the chaos.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

lol a moa complaint thread. gosh how long has it been since ive seen one of these…a year? oh this brings back memories

(edited by Chaos.3579)

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

Dodge>5>Dodge.
Congratulations you are now out of range of any Mesmer attacks.

Conversely, beak to the face since most Mesmers who use it to try and win a 1v1 are poop.

25/90 never forget.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

Lol. I don’t even have 1 asceded armor part and I’m much more into wvw than you. Hell I probably even play like 3 times longer than you
Yet, another proof why pve’rs should stick to their own game and wvw’ers to theirs.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

stop the troll ppl, it has a 1 second cast time and can be dodged/interrrupted

but mesmers can cast it in stealth

and also not everyone knows about moa skills

so, katniss, when someone manages moaing u, just use a dodge right away, then skill 5, then dodge again, u r out of mesmer range

if he took moa also he wont be able to run away from an ele if u r way more skilled than him (no mass invicibility)

to the mesmers, try moaing one of the npc in heart of the mists, they killing u in like 2-3 hits:p

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Use Flee and them Kick to an area where you can abuse LOS, then dodge twice (when enemies come) and that’s usually enough to not even be hit whilst in Moa form. Too many people simply panic and give up when Moa’d, which is exactly what the Mesmer is hoping for. Don’t do it.

Gandara

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Moa has very little team value. Players can kill you in >1v1 situation without moa. Even if mesmer is the outnumbered one, the non-morphed player can certainly cover morphed player for 10s. Running from a single mesmer isn’t too hard. I rather enjoy Moa skill and want to equip it all the time, but other elites are far more superior in zerg/team/solo situations.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Use Flee and them Kick to an area where you can abuse LOS, then dodge twice (when enemies come) and that’s usually enough to not even be hit whilst in Moa form. Too many people simply panic and give up when Moa’d, which is exactly what the Mesmer is hoping for. Don’t do it.

Yeah, this.

When I’ve been hit, sometimes I’d just go completely berserk and all out attack while in moa (depending on health) – which they don’t often expect.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

katniss.6735

Wow. It’s total story time in this tread. GG!

People are responding to quotes that aren’t mine.
I had 5 people chasing me when I got moa’d, meaning dodge, 5, dodge, wasn’t an option. I got immob’d at the exact same time as the moa got on me.
I have everything in wvw wxp ranks maxed out, and no dungeon master/crap title here.

The problem lies with the duration of moa, combined with the complete lockout of all survivability skills. I did not “give up when moa’d”. You can stop trying to educate me on how to play, when there is no excuse for this skill to work the way it does. It’s cheesier than backstab, killshot, and perplexity runes.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Pyroathiest.4168

I had 5 people chasing me when I got moa’d, meaning dodge, 5, dodge, wasn’t an option. I got immob’d at the exact same time as the moa got on me.
I have everything in wvw wxp ranks maxed out, and no dungeon master/crap title here.

The problem lies with the duration of moa, combined with the complete lockout of all survivability skills. I did not “give up when moa’d”. You can stop trying to educate me on how to play, when there is no excuse for this skill to work the way it does. It’s cheesier than backstab, killshot, and perplexity runes.

If you had 5 people chasing you, then you should be dead unless they’re completely incompetent and/or you’re incredibly pro.

Obviously you weren’t incredibly pro, or you’d have dodged moa.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Moa Form is to stronk, was running solo wvw in a glass build the other day suddenly a zerg appears and uses moa form on me. I died so fast because moa form does way to much damage.

True story.

Ida

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

DeathReign.7821

The problem lies with your lack of skill and logic, hence the need for education. Statistically, you aren’t suppose to survive a 5v1, Moa or not.

You seem so hellbent on crying about Moa you seem to have lost all sense of logic.

Get off your high horse. Clearly, you’re not as good as you think you are. If you were, you wouldn’t even be here crying. Heed the abundance of advice provided by the people here rather than scoff at it with your “don’t tell me how to play, I’m the proest pro out there do you even know who I am?” attitude.

You came here to whine and cry and stamp your feet, not to find solutions to your skill issue. (Solutions that have been provided tenfold.)

Kiss the chaos.

(edited by DeathReign.7821)

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

Got to get our annual “MOA nerf thread”, yea, it was about due.
Just a matter of time till the “MOA-Anonymous meetings” start up.

“And this one time, I got MOA’ed when….”

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I think we should have an AoE Moa skill. In that case I don’t mind shorter duration and cast time.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

There is nothing cheesy about backstab. The perm stealth is cheesy.
Theres nothing cheesy about killshot. Shooting from 1200 range on outsiders is… well Idk I wouldnt even call that cheesy but just annoying.
And by the looks of your story, there’s nothing cheesy about moa, but the immobilize or the 5 people that chased you. Either way you wouldn’t have survived. Moa just only strenghtened that.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Well, then show us why it’s too long.
I mean, make an argument.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

katniss.6735

Rock solid, ether renewal, triple cantrips, tornado, about face+burning retreat, dodge in water, are all things I had in my spec to be able to easily kite away from 5 people. It’s not hard at all. People are arguing everything but the topic and it’s really just pathetic.

Moa lasts too long. And you should at least be able to use utilities in the form. It’s not some huge thing to ask. It’s 1 skill that you use once in a while to be a troll. Are you really afraid to have something nerfed?

twitch.tv/mlgw2

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Pyroathiest.4168

Rock solid, ether renewal, triple cantrips, tornado, about face+burning retreat, dodge in water, are all things I had in my spec to be able to easily kite away from 5 people. It’s not hard at all. People are arguing everything but the topic and it’s really just pathetic.

Moa lasts too long. And you should at least be able to use utilities in the form. It’s not some huge thing to ask. It’s 1 skill that you use once in a while to be a troll. Are you really afraid to have something nerfed?

If you’re so pro at kiting, timing a single dodge should be easy for you. I know I’m always wary of moa when running away from a group with a mesmer, and since it’s such a flashy cast, it’s easy to dodge.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

But wait a second. You got immobilized, how were you supposed to cleanse that fast enough before getting chain immobilized/cced? As mesmer I can already kill him after some time of chasing him without moa, let alone 5 people. Everything is lame in a 1v5. Especially those hard hitting rangers of 3k auto attack, man so cheesy and lame maybe I should go to the ranger forum and qq about their mega strong and hard hitting 1 spam.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Wyrden.4713

if u r immobalized during moa u still can use skill 5(flee) , and till thats over ur out of immobalize

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Dusty Moon.4382

Lol. I don’t even have 1 asceded armor part and I’m much more into wvw than you. Hell I probably even play like 3 times longer than you
Yet, another proof why pve’rs should stick to their own game and wvw’ers to theirs.

I don’t have any Ascended either. Pretty funny!

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: jarthur.3649

jarthur.3649

two thing
one, every transformation skill I’ve seen (except norn elites haven’t used them) removes utilities why would moa be different.
two, you have at least 3 sec of invulnerability and two dodges, if you where looking back at them as you ran away how did you miss the large purple ball of light saying moa incoming.

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Wyrden.4713

the large purple ball of light saying moa incoming.

dis

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

For Lyssa’s sake. Do I actually need to be the Voice of Reason, as opposed to Devil’s Advocate? Here:

Stop. Feeding. The. Troll.

Thank you, have a nice Mesmer life.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

katniss.6735

People assume I have infinite dodges or something.There’s no way to know ahead of time that a mesmer is running moa. Their body turning purple is a crap indication of when it is even being cast. I had no idea how to detect it at all until I looked at multiple youtube videos. If I cast any ranged attack you can see it as clear as day, and move out of the way. Moa is 1s, leaves no trailing animation, and if you were spamming escapes and didn’t hit the 5 after (in my case the 4 in air with staff to remove immob ended up being the 4 on moa) it landed on you, then get immob’d, it’s gg.

I don’t know how this skill even made it into pvp to begin with.

A lot of ignorant comments and trolling accusations. I get it, you don’t like elementalists, me, or anything that points out imbalances.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by katniss.6735)

Polymorph Moa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Oddithekeen.6084

Oddithekeen.6084

When u kill an elementalist under moa form does he count as a elementalist for the daily kill variety or as a moa….

Naymas Mist , Mesmer ,(NSP)