in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

after the new patch here is my new build
this build involve around conditions dmg
trait:
domination -10 (vi) – reduce recharge of signets
dueling – 20 (ii,x) – phantasm have fury and create clone whenever you dodge
chaos – 30 (v,viii,xii) basic pu, OR (ix) so signet remove 1 condition, or (x) if taking staff for group play
inspiration – 10 (iv) – healing skill remove 2 conditions

weapon:
sc/t +sw/p – for roaming
staff +sw/p – for group play or more defense play style

gear:
full rabid
runes of perplexity or undead

utilities:
signet of ether, signet of domination, blink or decoy, signet of illusion or veil (for group play), mass invisibility

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgEQRArf8anUE1QbRNG0wWjEx0jgz3AuTFgOSFctSKwtLE-jUCBINDimWAk8Gi6AgQAOHqIasVTFRjVdDTHjIqWKAYWDA-w

this build give you quick access to 3 strong phantasms so with ether signet you can create 2 iduelist and image for faster condition burst couple with retaliation dmg and fury and also 2 stun skills and constant illusions spam and signets which also remove up to 5 conditions with signets use and recharge shatter skills for distortion uptime

very strong build which can shutdown fast so you can use you phantasm more freely
and punished enemy for killing you phantasm and clones with conditions and retaliation dmg

hope you like it

(edited by messiah.1908)

Pooff gone retaliate V2

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I’m not experienced enough for general advice but it strikes me as odd that you’re using Mender’s Purity with the new signet. The goal with that heal is not to click the active as it is a mediocre burst heal with a long cooldown (even traited). The condition removal you’re going to get as a result is going to be pretty negligible.

Pooff gone retaliate V2

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

i knew some will say that but i have 5 condition removal with cleansing inscription so when activate the ether signet it will remove 3 conditions
we all know that conditions are the worst enemy of the mesmer class so with this build you can play versatile without changing traits
my goal with this build is to activate the signet at the start of the fight putting 2 iduelist and image giving me enough time to hide blink dodge to for 28 seconds while doing massive condition dmg

the basic PU build 20,20,30,0,0 had only 2 condition removal with torch skills every 24 seconds and with this build you can have 2-5 but with more condition burst and good CC

Pooff gone retaliate V2

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

i will put a video of spvp in 1vX situation so you can see its strengths
i took 2 sigils of battle in spvp to get higher might stack
unfortunately ppl didnt like my game play as i could do 1v4 for 5 min so my group just focus on capturing points so easily

retaliation dmg was almost 200 per tick with 5-8 ticks
also the stun ability and the fast bleeding burst is amazing

Pooff gone retaliate V2

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I play this build, both as Hybrid and Conditions. Here are my thoughts:

1. You will do better pairing the Sword with Torch. Its very nice to be able to leap in order to land Prestige.

2. I don’t see the purpose of Sig of Illusions. I’d really suggest dropping that for Blink.

3. You reference Sig of Ether, but link doesn’t have it. I think you can get away with Sig of Ether, but when I use it, I run our cleansing mantra.

Just my 0.02

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

Pooff gone retaliate V2

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Pooff gone retaliate V2

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

thanks Alanis
sometime i do sw/t as my defense weapon with evades and stealth while sc/p is my conditions burst
sig of illusion recharge our shatter skills so i can use distortion for 3 sec +3 sec if needed in tight situations, also my illusion have more health so more retaliation up time as they bit harder to kill and also can do 2 round of attacks
indeed its my utility i can swap depends on the situation
i update my build

Pooff gone retaliate V2

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ardent Heretic.8216

Ardent Heretic.8216

1. You will do better pairing the Sword with Torch. Its very nice to be able to leap in order to land Prestige.

2. I don’t see the purpose of Sig of Illusions. I’d really suggest dropping that for Blink.

3. You reference Sig of Ether, but link doesn’t have it. I think you can get away with Sig of Ether, but when I use it, I run our cleansing mantra.

1. I like the sword/torch combo, as this is almost identical to the build I run, but the torch phantasm does not support the strong phantasm burst that defines this particular build.

2. Sig of Illusions is here I think in great part to add more ticks of retaliation before the phantasms are killed, in addition to the simple fact that you want them alive as long as possible for deeps.

3. Throwing in Mantra of Resolve for added condi cleanse would be completely viable. However, the choice to use reduced cd Sig of the Ether actively with triple condi cleanse is only fractionally less effective while opening up another precious utility slot.

As I said, I run a very similar build to this, but I will try this one out and see if it fits. Nice work and creativity in using the Sig active effect offensively!

Pooff gone retaliate V2

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

indeed!
phantasms need to stay alive much as possible to do bleeding from every crit hit and when they get hit they do retaliation dmg which adds up
clones made for the quick kills so more aoe bleeding, weakness and vulnerability
if the enemy group i fight not paying attention i can drop even 3 iduelist during the fight
2+1 or 1+2 basically in triangle shape around my enemies
against melee you can take mirror images for 2 clones who attack you target and die fast so 6 bleed stack if you lucky – great against bs thieves