Portal (entre and exit)

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

Is this utililty of any use whatsoever in open world pve, outside of being a taxi for others?

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Jumping puzzle safety net.

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Murdyr.9204

Murdyr.9204

Free money when doing JPs

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

redcomyn.4651

That is such a shame! Such a cool spell that isn’t good for anything in combat.

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I mean what did you expect? Mesmer gets everything unique and fun nerfed eventually.

If it were to work in PvE combat, then the ICD on using portal would have to be removed, the time limit before it disappears would have to be increased. Otherwise it gives you no advantage in a PvE fight.

Also, its used heavily in some dungeon speedruns. The chrono will go do their own thing and lay down a portal while the other 4 players take care of the first few bosses.

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Like many skills in game, its true potential is unlocked in WvW. You ever seen a mesmer finish someone with a portal? Its like seeing the northern lights.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

redcomyn.4651

I remember that video. Unfortunately, it isn’t doable, not with the portal exit only good for 10 seconds. It has been greatly nerfed since that video was made.

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Even if it was possible to do that still, with a 70 sec CD after placing the portal exeunt, its just not worth it to slot it on your bar for PvE. Even base mesmer has much better options for fighting mobs than that.

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I remember that video. Unfortunately, it isn’t doable, not with the portal exit only good for 10 seconds. It has been greatly nerfed since that video was made.

Uhhhhhh no. Let me tell you what actually happened.

So in the first beta, portal worked basically like you see in that video. The mesmer would drop both ends and then anyone who walked over one end would be instantly teleported to the other end. We pretty quickly figured out that if you place 3 portals end-to-end in a triangle configuration, you could trap somebody into an endless loop of porting until the portals ran out of time. Additionally, it turns out that sending 10-15 people into this loop would cause the entire map to freeze for the duration of the portals, sometimes crashing it entirely.

In the second beta, an interaction button was added.

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I actually really interested in seeing this Pyro, any chance anyone recorded it down?

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

redcomyn.4651

Fay, I was under the impression that it always required an interaction button. I didn’t play the beta. In any case, that doesn’t bother me at all. It is the 10 sec duration of the exit portal and, as oriori said, the excessive cooldown.

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

The CD is actually fine in a WvW or PvP setting, its just too long for PvE for my taste. It really delegates portal to being a highly situational skill, even more so than it already would be.

Portal (entre and exit)

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I actually really interested in seeing this Pyro, any chance anyone recorded it down?

Ask and you shall receive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yGGFBki6-E