I’m a little worried that my positive feedback will get lost among the dozens on dozens of complaints. I’ve given some constructive negative feedback on a few things, but there are also many good things about Mirage. And I’m not trying to discredit anyone’s complaints either. I’m sure most people’s issues with mirage is valid. But I think the issues will be easy to fix and not something to worry about.
So some things I like about mirage.
1) The theme is awesome. I love the idea of being a desert traveling-gypsy-thief-illusionist. I’m excited thinking about what my wardrobe will look like in the expansion.
2) I think axe is an awesome weapon for pve for people like myself who have always wanted to try a condition build but didn’t because we don’t like scepter. I’m already working on my condition set because I can’t wait to be able to tell my guild i can run an awesome condi build that will actually be fun for me with axe.
3) Axe’s animations are beautiful!. I saw a video of the animations with astralaria and it’s spectacular. So now I’m working on making astralaria.
4) Sword’s ambush skill is amazing. I love it! As a dual sword user, getting kited or creating space was always a problem ever since the removal of the clone death traits. But now I have a wonderful gap closer with interrupt. And the animation is pretty cool the way i just lunge over.
5) The trait that breaks stun and removes condition on dodge is amazing. I don’t know if i can even go back to playing without it after having a taste of it all weekend.
6) The cleanse on the elite skill is also wonderful.
7) Mirage Cloak is my new favorite thing about mesmer. It really fits the whole theme very well and the way my character says aloud that she wonders if she is the illusion all along. It’s such a profound thing to say and I plan on turning it into a deep discussion in the future with some of my friends about what it means to them on a philosophical level.
8) I feel like the swordsman I always wanted to be with Mirage. Weaving between foes easily and quickly. Almost like in an anime with a ninja fighting multiple guys at once. I actually had a 1v4 in a match earlier where i was able to kill 3 guys, but the 4th downed and killed me. I was just all over the place and they couldn’t really keep up. They were also probably new players lol. Nonetheless, it was so much fun.
9) I love the idea of having so many shadowsteps skills and I look forward to their improvements for release. I fought the best pvper in my guild in an epic match. He was a deadeye. The duel between us was so epic that it felt like a scene from the anime Fate Stay Night (2014 version). I was able to keep up with him even though he was disappearing and reappearing always opposite of where I was standing.
10) I secretly love that a lot of people prefer Chrono to Mirage. I want to be the only mirage lol. But i’ll settle just for less people loving it as much as I do.
The build and the playstyle is not for everyone. But Anet you’re going in a good direction with this spec and I can’t wait to play it in the expansion. I’m 100% buying the expansion now because of mirage. I can’t imagine myself not playing it.
I encourage other people to use this thread to post about what they do like about this spec. There are tons of other complaint threads, so please don’t pollute this thread with it. I’d like to keep this one purely positive feedback.