Possible Shatterrupt Celestial Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Happicakes.2054

Happicakes.2054

I was wondering if a chaos/inspiration/illusions trait setup would work with a celestial amulet and either strength or pack runes for pvp:

Build Link: http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMD9ATkBZw~

Was thinking of trying this build with GS/Staff for weapons (unsure of what sigils to use) and using ether feast, decoy, blink, mantra of distraction, and mass invisibility. That being said, this is unfamiliar territory for me and any feedback and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Ideally, this build would provide some passive healing, team vigor, team condi cleanse, condi pressure through confusion and torment, and reliable might gain through interrupts and shatters.

Celeste Dalenset – Mesmer/Chronomancer
Officer – League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Happicakes.2054)

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I think you’re going to have to wait until the finished changes from inspiration are revealed to really know if it’ll work, but I doubt it will simply because mesmer is so stealth and blink dependent to stay alive, which is bad for bunkering a capture point. The boons and the healing and the conditions may be there, but the survivability skills are too anti-conquest to be effective. Its dependent on interrupts for might stacking, which is okay, but maybe a little hard to manage because you’d have to dependent on that for damage, and since mesmer sustained DPS is horrible, unlike the main celestial classes, that wouldn’t justify losing burst damage from zerker you’d have to give up to run celest.

Its a cool idea, though I don’t see it being any better than zerker or condition dps roles that the mesmer can fulfill, but maybe it would be viable, its hard to say for sure right now.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

(edited by nearlight.3064)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Yeah I’ve been day-dreaming that build since they released the new info, although I would definitely take the Malicious Sorcery over SoAF, unless of course it requires a Scepter. (Which the current description does not state.)

I believe Chaos + Insp will clearly allow Bunker-style play for Mesmers. Although, for a true Bunker I would probably go with BD for the Stability on Shatter. It ain’t much, but every bit helps. ;-)

Unless ANet guts Restorative Illusions, I think it’s one of the most underrated Mesmer changes in this update. Between on-demand Protection from Chaos, and being able to heal for 2k+ per shatter while clearing Condies, you can definitely make a formidable tank. (Maybe not Bunker, but at least a very solid tank!) Granted, you’ll give up most DPS to do that, just as it should be! (And clearly without lots of Stability, we will never be as good at Bunkering as the current Bunker classes. Also a good thing IMO.)

Taking BD would of course kill the Celestial idea behind your build, but ANet has already alluded to changes in the Celestial gear that IMHO will clearly result in a net nerf. (Good riddance too!)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hesy Ra.8371

Hesy Ra.8371

ANet has already alluded to changes in the Celestial gear

Can you tell me (or post link) what this changes are about ? ( I’m actualy in progress to collect celestial gear set)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

PvP celestial amulet (important here!) is taking another 10% hit, which can potentially be detrimental to celestial meta if combined with loss of attribution stats from traitlines. We don’t know how much they’re compensating it in the armor sets though. You can still craft celestial armor for WvW/PvE without much worries, but I don’t like celestial armor in mesmer anyway…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Impact-on-PVP-with-no-stats-from-traits/first#post5004601

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

Was thinking of dueling/chaos/inspiration personally myself. Still feel dueling will be needed in every build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Happicakes.2054

Happicakes.2054

Ty all for feedback! Didn’t know about the changes to the Insp. line. Guess it is back to waiting for info then to see if it is viable.

Celeste Dalenset – Mesmer/Chronomancer
Officer – League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Was thinking of dueling/chaos/inspiration personally myself. Still feel dueling will be needed in every build.

Well with Dueling in the mix you end up giving up most damage, although going hybrid could be worth it I guess. With traited pistol the iDuelist will be even deadlier then now, applying lots of bleeds and some confusion, as well as doing decent direct damage. Maybe add GS to the mix for the Might stacks, but also the GS Clones & AA to stack more bleeds and Confusion. (Although I guess you need staff with Chaos. :P )

It’s more of a single target/dueling build, but could be really nasty considering that it’s near impossible to bring you down 1v1 or probably even 2v1.

(edited by Windwalker.7421)