Post patch illusion improvements in dungeons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

I was running fractals yesterday and I noticed that my illusionary duelists were invulnerable to the large ground AoE on the final boss. I haven’t repeated it yet so I can’t verify that it wasn’t some new bug.

This coupled with the patch notes for underwater fractal stating that the jellyfish boss no longer chases after minions or pets before players makes me think that us mesmers got some nice quality of life changes this patch.

Anyone else notice this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Don’t know when this was fixed, as I do no longer run fractals frequently, but – dodge clones work now in the Charr fractal.

in Mesmer

Posted by: merforga.4731

merforga.4731

Don’t know when this was fixed, as I do no longer run fractals frequently, but – dodge clones work now in the Charr fractal.

This. Oh god this!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Were your duelists attacking?
Perhaps illusions share same recent anti-exploit with mobs and are invulnerable if can’t reach anything. Saw that on frost fractal elemental boss from dodge clones.

in Mesmer

Marxo.3829

Were your duelists attacking?
Perhaps illusions share same recent anti-exploit with mobs and are invulnerable if can’t reach anything. Saw that on frost fractal elemental boss from dodge clones.

This is possible. When the boss leaves the fight area for the ground AoE attack the duelists are not attacking. Nice plus on this fight at least (while it lasts).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

It has to do with the ‘out if reach’ invulnerability. My illusions used to do this in the Svanir fractal when Fractals were first released. They suddenly stopped being immune one day, which probably coincided with the bug that allowed players to exploit ledges.

in Mesmer

Marxo.3829

It has to do with the ‘out if reach’ invulnerability. My illusions used to do this in the Svanir fractal when Fractals were first released. They suddenly stopped being immune one day, which probably coincided with the bug that allowed players to exploit ledges.

It still worked as of yesterday. It’s fickle though, I’m guessing the pathing algorithm is having a hard time deciding when the boss is unreachable.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

This. Oh god this!

This x100. When i first did this stage (my fav in fotm) after patch the only thing that was in my mind the whole level is ‘omfg i can finally bomb properly’.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.