Power Mesmer PVP?

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: tripix.7961

tripix.7961

Is there any viable power mesmer build for pvp?

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Yea if you are good at them. You won’t find them on metabattle because the people at that site have zero creativity and make builds that all players can be good at regardless of skill level.

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

IMHO only if you are running with either a pre-made team, or at least a buddy to support it with lockdowns, peels, etc.

I have occasionally run into a Power Shatter Mesmer in ranked, but only very few were impressive in that role and it was almost always when they were organized with others in some fashion.

Generally speaking, you will lack the on-point sustain and condie cleansing to compete in the current meta, however if you get some support in those weak spots, you can still bring some very decent spike damage to your team.

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

IMHO only if you are running with either a pre-made team, or at least a buddy to support it with lockdowns, peels, etc.

I have occasionally run into a Power Shatter Mesmer in ranked, but only very few were impressive in that role and it was almost always when they were organized with others in some fashion.

Generally speaking, you will lack the on-point sustain and condie cleansing to compete in the current meta, however if you get some support in those weak spots, you can still bring some very decent spike damage to your team.

One half-decent monkey playing a power rev will realize you’re weakness (a glass ammy) and tear you to ribbons

:)

That’s about the beginning and the end of it.

Thieves are still more than capable of doing it too.

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

One half-decent monkey playing a power rev will realize you’re weakness (a glass ammy) and tear you to ribbons

Yea but they do the exact same thing to people running the meta build who just don’t know how to play mesmer very well. Part of being good at PvP is knowing when you need to gtfo

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Yea but they do the exact same thing to people running the meta build who just don’t know how to play mesmer very well. Part of being good at PvP is knowing when you need to gtfo

This is EXACTLY why people run meta builds, and not things like power mesmer XD

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Funny thing, I still see “thief mains” complaining about mesmers and how they’re OP.

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Funny thing, I still see “thief mains” complaining about mesmers and how they’re OP.

The Thief is still as OP as the day it was conceived. Aside from shifting numbers around, nothing, absolutely nothing has changed about the class

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

Now Ross you know that walking up behind someone in stealth and landing 6-8k backstabs is underpowered for how hard it it

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

For best all-around power spec, go for inspirtaion/chaos/chrono as a bruiser/supporter.

If you want to play a ninja killer, then go for domination/chaos/chrono and pick PU. It is not as good as a thief but can still wreck a lot of average players.

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Now Ross you know that walking up behind someone in stealth and landing 6-8k backstabs is underpowered for how hard it is

From what I’ve read coming out of the Thief forum for the last 3 years, yes, yes it is the single most hardest thing to do EVER.

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

Now Ross you know that walking up behind someone in stealth and landing 6-8k backstabs is underpowered for how hard it is

From what I’ve read coming out of the Thief forum for the last 3 years, yes, yes it is the single most hardest thing to do EVER.

I’m afraid you’re all hilariously, laughably wrong, backstab usually only does 3k max nowadays.

Never mind the fact that is on a clerics stat auramancer with protection….

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

I’m afraid you’re all hilariously, laughably wrong, backstab usually only does 3k max nowadays.

While I know that was an overstatement I do think you missed the point. Never mind the fact that I have land 4-6k backstabs recently but it was on zerker amulet and not mad’s.
You can’t sit there and tell me that having bas venom up, stealth, steal and back stab is harder than getting 3 illusions up for a MW, or try for a double MW using CS and knowing that if you screw up you blew CS, your waiting 10 seconds for MW now not to the fact if you’ve screwed up you’re having blow distortion etc to escape the rampant AoE in game now.

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

While I know that was an overstatement I do think you missed the point. Never mind the fact that I have land 4-6k backstabs recently but it was on zerker amulet and not mad’s.
You can’t sit there and tell me that having bas venom up, stealth, steal and back stab is harder than getting 3 illusions up for a MW, or try for a double MW using CS and knowing that if you screw up you blew CS, your waiting 10 seconds for MW now not to the fact if you’ve screwed up you’re having blow distortion etc to escape the rampant AoE in game now.

Just my two cents since I’ve forsaken my Mesmer for my Thief because I enjoy the Thief’s role in SPvP a lot more nowadays:

If a Thief got off a backstab with Basi Venom, blowing Steal through stealth, that Thief was very likely +1ing a fight and therefore doing a very good job of doing their job. And while, one versus one, a Thief has an advantage over a power Mesmer, that’s moreso because of Steal’s secondary mechanic and the inability to summon Phantasms when blinded (which has never made sense to me — why can’t we summon something just because we can’t see?). This mechanic also makes thief “weak” against other classes. I don’t want to throw condis on an engineer/scrapper just to have them convert them into boons

Otherwise, backstab is not the reason people should argue that a Thief is OP in player versus player combat. Most Thief damage comes from autoattacks and Pulmonary Impact, while spending initiative to keep the enemy blind. Landing wtfsickcombos for burst only happens when the enemy is occupied with someone else, or if you are a thief player with 60 fingers.

Also, there’s something wrong with your mindwrack cooldown: it’s missing Alacrity :P

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

I would have thought the second part of what I put would have made it painfully obvious I was taking the mick out of “thief mains” from the PvP forum but w/e.

I know exactly how friggin annoying playing power shatter is atm. I have to pay a lot of attention, time my burst between all the invulns, blocks and evades and hope it all crits to bring people down in WvW.

Or I can roll a scrapper, warrior, druid, revenant, necro and roll my face across the keyboard doing loads of sustained damage and having tons of mitigation. Same is somewhat true of dragon hunters but they at least need to think a little more than others.

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Just my two cents since I’ve forsaken my Mesmer for my Thief because I enjoy the Thief’s role in SPvP a lot more nowadays:

If a Thief got off a backstab with Basi Venom, blowing Steal through stealth, that Thief was very likely +1ing a fight and therefore doing a very good job of doing their job. And while, one versus one, a Thief has an advantage over a power Mesmer, that’s moreso because of Steal’s secondary mechanic and the inability to summon Phantasms when blinded (which has never made sense to me — why can’t we summon something just because we can’t see?). This mechanic also makes thief “weak” against other classes. I don’t want to throw condis on an engineer/scrapper just to have them convert them into boons

Otherwise, backstab is not the reason people should argue that a Thief is OP in player versus player combat. Most Thief damage comes from autoattacks and Pulmonary Impact, while spending initiative to keep the enemy blind. Landing wtfsickcombos for burst only happens when the enemy is occupied with someone else, or if you are a thief player with 60 fingers.

Also, there’s something wrong with your mindwrack cooldown: it’s missing Alacrity :P

To be serious for a minute, Tea is right in that Backstab has nothing to do with why Thief is “OP”, at least not these days. There is a far deeper root behind what makes Thief a ridiculous presence (still) in this game.

The reality though is that you’ve just got to learn to live with them. Which GW2 players pretty much have. Thus why everyone builds, and has always built, around them. So (and we all know how this feels) if they’re suffering in the face of todays meta, it’s entirely their own fault XD

Power Mesmer PVP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

http://i.imgur.com/axJmn.gif