Power mesmer for WvW/PVE?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I need help building a good power mesmer for WvW/PVE, I usually play pvp but am now looking to gear this guy using guild commendations, laurels, and armor boxes.

I currently have exotic armor apecializing in power, precision and ferocity as I liked the burst of the double ranged shatter. I currently have the red ring of death, two ascended knight boxes, one sentenial knight box, 25 guild commendations and 50 laurels.

With this, do you think someone could help me have a good power mesmer build that could be decent for between pve and WvW?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAR8cnsISxaWrGuqB1aIJ1QO5xkoc7aSOIQpOB-TFCGABB8EF6TJYCHkgkU+By+DAchAKU9H609EA4A43fz3+23f/93nf+5nf+597v/+7v/WKgxGGB-w more for WvW than pve since its made tanky enough to survive getting into the fray enough to really utilize the only power weapons we have which are GS and dual swords. tho you benefit from REALLY low CD and high power on phantasm even if they only live for the initial attack they make when first summoned they will be well worth hitting them every single time their CD ends.

the PVE variant of this build is here http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAR8cnsISlaWoGeoB1aIJ1QOVUUudNJHEokn+A-TVCGABB8EFS4gEInugHV/ZKlgEp8Dk9HA4CBQnGnAAHADPcCX4CP8wDf91Xf91XvhHe4hHe4SBM2wI-w you will get some extra might and your damage mitigation will come via your guard phantasm instead of your gear with this. also fun fact the guard phantasm actually guards any party member within 600 radius of it not just you. make sure to abuse that vs bosses that cleave your ele’s

(edited by Rangerdeity.5847)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Firstly, don’t ever try to mix builds between wvw/pvp and pve. What works and is applicable to fighting players is almost never good for fighting AI.

That being said, before I can give more specific advice I need a bit more information. What aspects of wvw are you interested in building for. Same thing for pve, are you planning on just roaming the open world or do you expect to find yourself in dungeons?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

Firstly, don’t ever try to mix builds between wvw/pvp and pve. What works and is applicable to fighting players is almost never good for fighting AI.

That being said, before I can give more specific advice I need a bit more information. What aspects of wvw are you interested in building for. Same thing for pve, are you planning on just roaming the open world or do you expect to find yourself in dungeons?

When it comes to WvW, I tend to use my mesmer for solo roaming or with a few friends. I’ve been trying a roaming variant that plays similar to double ranged shatter but is a little tankier and has worked out pretty well so far. So I guess you could say I’m looking for more roaming mesmer builds but zerg mesmer builds are also acceptable.

I’m recently getting into WvW (I usually pvp) so that’s kinda where my player fighting knowledge comes from lol