Precision absolutely necessary for condi?

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I ask because currently I run rabid gear when I play condi pu and it looks like Dire might be the better stat selection. It would be nice having another 5k+ hitpoints.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

The main concern I would have with this is the amount of damage you would lose on sharper image without precision.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I’ve tried PU condi with dire and rabid. You tbh don’t need any more HP than you have as you have a ton of protection, regeneration, toughness ect. and loosing that precision will be a massive damage loss.

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Forgot about sharper images.
Thanks

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah the dmg coming form sharper image is definitely worth going for rabid.during glamtimes even if we already had dire, we would have used rabid because of precision.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

What if you take Phantasmal Fury?

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

Phantasmal Fury only affects phantasms. We only have 1 rapid hitting phantasm (iDuelist).

Majority of the bleed stacks from Sharper Images come from clones, not the phantasms.

Kiss the chaos.

in Mesmer

UrMom.4205

Phantasmal Fury only affects phantasms. We only have 1 rapid hitting phantasm (iDuelist).

Majority of the bleed stacks from Sharper Images come from clones, not the phantasms.

oh makes sense, the more ya know. Thanks!

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

(edited by UrMom.4205)

in Mesmer

UrMom.4205

another question, what’s a good crit chance to have?

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I’d try to get at least 50+.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

if you wear rabid your iduelist will average about 4 stacks of bleed.. if you run rampagers your iduelest will average 7 stacks of bleed.. + you will have alittle hybrid from the power and your clones will have more crit chance.. just saying.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

if you wear rabid your iduelist will average about 4 stacks of bleed.. if you run rampagers your iduelest will average 7 stacks of bleed.. + you will have alittle hybrid from the power and your clones will have more crit chance.. just saying.

And if you wear rampagers, you’ll have base armor and thieves will 2-shot you…in an attrition build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

I find most of the bleeds come from phantasms and clone deaths, not clone autoattacks. Most condi builds don’t use greatsword, which is the only weapon set whose clones could reliably stack bleeds. All the other weapon sets attack too slowly or need to be in melee.

That said, gonna echo what everyone else said. If you play PU, stick with rabid. You have enough passive defense that you really don’t need the extra health.

Aim for ~40% crit chance. With phantasmal fury, your duelists will stack 5-6 bleeds every attack.

Second Child

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I’d definately say yes.

Especially in the case of the mesmer, without precision you depend VERY heavily on your opponent to kill themselves. If they just run about in a circle what are you going to do? Your confusion means nothing, your bleeds on clone death mean nothing, the only thing you can actually do to them if they just stand there and /laugh is AA with a staff, which wont kill them on it’s own.

So, while Dire makes you virtually unkillable, it almost means you cant kill anyone unless they make mistakes constantly throughout a fight. With Precision, you can stack constantly bleeds on someone even if they arent killing your clones and are managing to not spam their way to death with confusion.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

rampagers+pu is still 10x more defensive then shatter. i think its not great advice to say dont play it because you are scared of thieves.. you beat theives on reaction not by tanking thier hits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

rampagers+pu is still 10x more defensive then shatter. i think its not great advice to say dont play it because you are scared of thieves.. you beat theives on reaction not by tanking thier hits.

Rampagers offers you weak power, weak condition damage, no ferocity, and a pointless abundance of precision for overall mediocre damage. Using PU with that will only allow you to run away when you realize you can’t kill anyone.

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

i play with rampagers and can kill full glass and full bunker. seems silly for you to show up with very little info and make silly statments.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Good for you that you find success with that gear, but I’ve never seen a hybrid build that can match the damage output of either full rabid or full berserker.

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

k. the added percision + power = more damage then the rabid for my certian spec. i would be downgrading to go zerkers or rabid. ive tested in pvp and for a long time on the dummy. but that is just my spec.. im certian if you put rampagers on one of the sticky cookie cutter specs in the forums it would suck real bad.

in Mesmer

DeathReign.7821

I find most of the bleeds come from phantasms and clone deaths, not clone autoattacks. Most condi builds don’t use greatsword, which is the only weapon set whose clones could reliably stack bleeds. All the other weapon sets attack too slowly or need to be in melee.

That said, gonna echo what everyone else said. If you play PU, stick with rabid. You have enough passive defense that you really don’t need the extra health.

Aim for ~40% crit chance. With phantasmal fury, your duelists will stack 5-6 bleeds every attack.

If you’re talking about a simple target test where you can put up 3 iDuelists, then yeah, sure iDuelist stacks a lot of bleeds rapidly. But it is the only phantasm that does so. Which will die in 1-2 hits from aoes. With a 20 second untraited cool down. With a long cool down between its own attack cycle even when alive. Which is hilariously avoidable.

Staff and Scepter clones are ranged, with a decent auto attack cycle. Happily expended (kill them please!) and easily re-attained.

I know we’re discussing Sharper Images here, but debilitating dissipation does not work with phantasms. Staff clones also cast Winds of Chaos. These provide cover conditions (pressure) for the limited condition clears that your opponents will carry (unless you’re fighting a lul clear all conditions class).

TL;DR: yes, I agree that iDuelist can stack up bleeds pretty well, but I simply can’t agree that it out-weighs the conditions that clones apply. Especially in team or outnumbered fights.

Kiss the chaos.

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

not sure why people talk in such blanket terms. It is not about outweighing anything. It is about being able to apply conditions no matter what spec your enemy plays.. if they are single target you need clones/phantasms to apply your conditions or you do no damage. if your enemy clears clones you need to upkeep them and force them into torment blocks to apply conditions. It is not one way or the other, it is either or both depending on the situation.

in Mesmer

DeathReign.7821

not sure why people talk in such blanket terms. It is not about outweighing anything. It is about being able to apply conditions no matter what spec your enemy plays.. if they are single target you need clones/phantasms to apply your conditions or you do no damage. if your enemy clears clones you need to upkeep them and force them into torment blocks to apply conditions. It is not one way or the other, it is either or both depending on the situation.

I like how you accuse someone else of showing up without any information and make silly statements and then do the exact same thing.

The issue was sharper images on clones with precision vs sharper images on iduelist without precision but with phantasmal fury.

My point was that majority of the bleed stacks come from clones with sharper images (therein explaining the need for precision, and not simply giving phantasms fury), and while phantasmal fury would give the iDuelist sufficient crit chance to proc sharper images fairly often, does not out-perform clones with Sharper Images in most scenarios. Mango said that he/she felt that phantasms benefited more from Sharper Images than clones, and I was rebutting that.

Your statement, whether or not one I agree with, is irrelevant.

Kiss the chaos.

(edited by DeathReign.7821)