Pu messmer. build...

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: RushandCash.7835

RushandCash.7835

I m playing shatter messmer for pvp. And i want to try poweer pu messmer for spvp and wvw roaming pls tell me good pu build and gears

(edited by RushandCash.7835)

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

For PvP, there is no such thing as good PU mesmer build. PU’s terrible in conquest.

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Yeah, for pvp better forget about PU, shatter or lockdown will do much better.
But for roaming, power PU is quite effective and also fun. 4/4/6 is the standard, but I also tried 0/4/6/0/4 with staff and it’s surprised me.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

condi pu is barely fine

dont think power pu works well

guys dont just tell him to go look for other builds when he tells that he wants to try it out..

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

It’s not about telling him anything, but help wisely. He can try PU in spvp, but he will see how a fail it is, better save his time…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

Using PU in PvP (more so soloq than teamq) makes you dead-weight for you team. You can’t efficiently fight someone on a point because you give the cap to them (you can’t cap if you go invis and if the opponent is on the node, they cap it instead). In team fights, PU builds generally just aren’t as powerful kittenter builds or phantasm builds. Your best bet is harassing far but its rare when you have enough coordination in soloq to not put your team at a disadvantage in doing so.

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

we just did a very long pu sucks thread.. you may want to check that out.

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

In all fairness pu is ok for wvw roaming but like stated before not pvp. Switching builds is much easier simple click. I would use 44006 shatter build for pvp. Double range shatter or sword/torch gs my favorites.

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

This is the power PU phantasm build I use for roaming in WvW

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fhQQNAR7ansISZa2oGupB3aGJ1IM996LJHCK5XIA-T1yHABnt/AQKpE7CAEo6DIqCTPKT8RpwAPEAv0NAwRA4OlgBAQAYlPX4CX46sMAVLA-w

It’s fun for me. I never play pvp, so no idea how it would do.

Good luck!

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: RushandCash.7835

RushandCash.7835

Thank you guys. I tried pu messmer in pvp. I think is good.

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Thank you guys. I tried pu messmer in pvp. I think is good.

There is a difference between Pvp and hotjoin. You literally couldn’t come up with a build that can’t be used effectively in hotjoin. Problem is PU won’t teach you anything about mesmer and will make you useless in rated play.

This is the power PU phantasm build I use for roaming in WvW

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fhQQNAR7ansISZa2oGupB3aGJ1IM996LJHCK5XIA-T1yHABnt/AQKpE7CAEo6DIqCTPKT8RpwAPEAv0NAwRA4OlgBAQAYlPX4CX46sMAVLA-w

It’s fun for me. I never play pvp, so no idea how it would do.

Good luck!

PU is bad, but Phantasm is the worst you can do in PvP. PU + Phantasm is basically as useful for your team as going afk in your base.

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

i use a hyrid PU/ condition shatter build—-work really good in SPVP. So far i only had issue with bunker guardian. to my suprise it works really well against other type of memser. Try to think outside the box dun restrict yourself to power shatter or traditional Pu build. Do a hyrid and you might be suprise what it can do =)

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phent.9350

Phent.9350

for tPvP meta is shatter with gs/staff and thief, nothing more is considered viable. For solo q you have more options, lockdown, shatter, condi CI, full dps mantras. PU is good for WvW roaming i prefer go hybrid(condi/dps) with mantras(MoR and MoD), 0/6/6/1/0, i use runes of perplexity. scepter/torch(or pistol) and sword/focus.

[None] mesmer/ele/engi/thief/necro

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

hmm. k this again.. The main issue with pu is that it is not needed if you are ok at positioning / picking a fight/ using your normal defensive cooldowns. Normally with a pu build you take extra stealth(you know.. where you cant be seen or targeted) so that by itself is almost overkill for making your build defensive and takes away alot from your offensive options.

I understand that it is a good starter build.. but i do recomend you play a harder build to start and learn.. rather then a very simple spec and avoid learning.

If you can play a shatter build(play it well… and win 1vx) you will learn how a mesmer works. Then you can play PU and be 10x better at it (you may then feel that it dosent really have much power)

The only thing i really suggest against(just my opinion.) is that you dont think ..mesmer is hard… so ill just play pu and stay invis all fight dodge rolling out clones..
You will not really end up learning the profession and will have trouble playing any other spec.

If you dont have much time and dont want to bother learning the profession.. then w/e thats the best you can do. If you are one of those (its just a game, Hug the zerg in hotjoin, wvw zerger) types. then pu is a good spec for those options. Even if you want to play wvw as a roamer but cant be bothered learning a skill spec.

The skill ceiling can kinda be pushed.. but the skill floor is so low that it dosent force you to learn the basics of mesmer to play it.. It is good for casual. bad if you want to actually learn the prof.

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

zaxon i do understand and respect your preception of PU spec is not suitable for SPVP or team but saying PU is a easy to play spec is debated. I basically play almost all spec extensively.

(a)I personally felt that PU is the harder to play cause of the following weakeness pure
PU spec have:
1. damage output is 2 low
2. slow movment
3. among other memser spec PU is the most tanky but still PU spec won’t be able
to bunker a point due to the fact that PU is always on the move, dodge, etc.

(b) PU spec doesnt bring anything to team play ( dun really agree)
1. thats soley depend on the player itself
2. PU spec is there just as a reference/guide and if you follow bindly you will
surely fail. Also a lot of PU build is outdated
i) condition shatter PU build—-i basically run this build and have great success
ii) Power shatter PU build and many more

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

denis.9487

This comes from a mindset that stealth is bad. Yet half the people hating on pu use phantasm specs. Another ia no brain build. Zaxon loves his phantasm builds chew and kite game play, hate stealth game play.

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

denis.9487

Not to derail this thread one could argue any spec not shattering is low skill build hence using ai or stealth to win. The reasons you the op will find through experimenting what you want to play to become successful in all areas of gw2.

Pu messmer. build...

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

I play. gsword / sword/pistol shatter. a condi phantasm build…. 2h shatter.. and have 4 mesmers with differnt specs. they rotate specs alot..

they usually do not rotate to pu though… i have played more then 100 games with every pu spec i can think of.. and they are just worse to me.

I play every spec that anyone posts to see its potential in a fight without trying to guess what the build will play like by looking at thie trait list. I try to figure out what situations that spec would be good in and what matchups it will work/fail against.

I played a good amount of power pu.. condi pu.. nepalm pu.. sword/pistol scepter/torch pu. using any combination of utility.

all mantra builds.. every build in the mesmer build list sticky…

just think pu is at the bottom of the list. nepalm seemed to add fun and damage to the trait though.

(edited by zaxon.6819)