[PvE] Best dps phantasm?

[PvE] Best dps phantasm?

in Mesmer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Q:

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question about which phantasm has the highest dps for PvE. Not just raw hit but also other things have to be taught about:
-Recharge time
- Surviveability (In order to maintain 3 phantasms)
- Attack speed

This question is focussed on long boss fights, not bursts.

Thanks already ;D

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

[PvE] Best dps phantasm?

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

There is no definitive answer as it will change depending on your build, gear, and the encounter. What’s your build and gear atm?

(edited by frifox.5283)

[PvE] Best dps phantasm?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Will the mob stand still and try to hit you with projectiles? iWarden.

Otherwise … depends.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

[PvE] Best dps phantasm?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Photoloss.4817

Photoloss.4817

Swordsman hast the highest dps. Duelist is second and can survive a few encounters better if placed well, but uses projectiles (bodyblock, reflect, miss etc.). Also don’t use Duelists if you’re running zerker and have a condi teammate, as they put out a huge amount of low damage bleeds.

Zerker is good for aoe, just don’t keep the GS out if in a speedrun group. Warden doesn’t benefit from Phantasmal Haste if you’re running it, still an obvious winner if facing reflectable projectiles.

For pure single target damage the best setup probably is Sw/Sw+P, Duelist→Swordsman→Signet of Aether→Swordsman, or swap the 2 phantasms if you know it’s a “Duelist-only” encounter. Replace Duelists with Swordsmen if the enemy proves itself incapable of killing the latter.

[PvE] Best dps phantasm?

in Mesmer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I thought staff phantasm had the highest theorical dps? I don’t know, I suck at mesmer.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

[PvE] Best dps phantasm?

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

I thought staff phantasm had the highest theorical dps? I don’t know, I suck at mesmer.

iWarlock has potentially the highest dmg per attack, but because it attacks much less frequently than iswordman —> lower dps, not to mention the projectile can miss.

[PvE] Best dps phantasm?

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

It’s not exactly because of the attack frequency but rather because it relies on certain amount of unique conditions to be present on your enemy before warlock becomes higher dps than all other phantasms.

[PvE] Best dps phantasm?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

World boss loaded with conditions? iWarlock is happy

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.