(PvE) Hopping / Signet of Inspiration dead

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Hello everyone … T_T

Gaile Gray:

When each player in a raid enters combat, their boon prioritization will be locked in based on the composition of the subgroup they are currently in. That prioritization will not change until the player has left combat, even if their subgroup composition changes while they are in combat.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-26-2016/first#post5947958

Wow … just … wow …

They didn’t want to nerf alacrity in duration because “more Chronomancers could just fix that”. They didn’t want to see more Chronomancers in a party and now they do this stupid kitten!? SERIOUSLY WTF ANET!!!

It really takes a LOT to make me rage like that. I even stayed calm with the recent precog aegis trash they pulled out of their magic trick hat. But now this!? It was individual skill that made this so amazing! It was a feature and a way that made things like efficient boonshareing even possible! Now you just remove it!?!?! Why would you do such a stupid thing … I mean all the hopping Auramancer Tempesthealers are dead aswell. WHAT IS IT YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE BY THIS!?!?

Well what is for sure is that we now all will use Calamity. Each party will now have two Mesmers and use staff or sword phantasms instead of shield since alacrity is dead anyway. Oh and SoI? Please … back to garbage tier with that signet!

Oh boy ANet – you really need to fire some of the current designers and hire new ones … this is not what this game makes fun.

Unfriendly Greez!
- Madame Le Blanc >:(

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

RIP all money invested in boon duration runes/sigils/gear.

in Mesmer

Posted by: YuukiAsuna.3417

YuukiAsuna.3417

It’s obvious someone(s) doesn’t like mesmers and the more you bring up how bad the balance is the more prone they are to ban you!
So you can do nothing but support them and play the game, but when the moment comes that you speak out against the atrocities they want to call balance they’ll forum ban you. I would know.
I love my Mesmer. But this is BS

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fallen Aeons.7650

Fallen Aeons.7650

All of my support. This is stupid. More than stupid. You’ve single handily removed the use of chrono in general for 10 man runs with this update anet in ‘the top 1%’ for the raid community. Thanks for this.

RĂ´se/ Elitist Mesmer/ Coldsnap[IX]/ Blackgate

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

It’s the biggest hit we could take. This is heavier than alacrity nerf in my opinion. It makes mes passive damage go down from 10x quickness to 5×. It’s such an incredible hard hit into the face, it’s stupid.

ANet – statement – NOW! =_=

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

Posted by: InFluEnZa.6908

InFluEnZa.6908

Most uncalled for update, no reason to even bring chronos to raid now. Way to go, another class excluded from raids.

[DnT]Adi

in Mesmer

Posted by: Riikuu.8234

Riikuu.8234

Mesmer damage is very low because we could provide boons and defensive stuff. What’s should we do now? Oh yeah ele time!

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Ele Dps is between 25-32k now (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEdIfhuEe7o) and we are still struggling at around 10-15k. Most professions are around 20k, but only there because they have support stuff like rev and war. Why do WE have to suffer so much? Why the hate? Mesmer in raids is dead with this change …

in Mesmer

YuukiAsuna.3417

It’s the biggest hit we could take. This is heavier than alacrity nerf in my opinion. It makes mes passive damage go down from 10x quickness to 5×. It’s such an incredible hard hit into the face, it’s stupid.

ANet – statement – NOW! =_=

I’ve been asking for Anet to answer in previous post but all they care about is maintaining safe zones for the devs so the forum mods forum banned me.

I mean, we are adults(supposed to be) so whatever words I say may hurt your feelings but kitten it they won’t kill you. Plus it wouldn’t nearly be as bad if they actually came out and talked about it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Do you think they realize that this is a druid nerf too?

in Mesmer

YuukiAsuna.3417

Do you think they realize that this is a druid nerf too?

Once they realize that it’ll be hot fixed so only Mesmer boons are fixed to subparties like that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Is there a single change in this patch that wasn’t directed at weakening the Mesmer?

Seriously, I’m even beginning to wonder if the chinese new year festival kittens us over somehow.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scribble.8069

Scribble.8069

They did give us ground targeted Feedback I guess.
Which, granted, we could have done before they changed to to need a target, but hey.

It won’t be as big a nerf to druids since in good groups, often you won’t need as much healing. The times you do need it are predictable.

Scribble Scrabbler
Kiss Kiss Bang [BANG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Are you not entertained?!?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Step 1: Put mesmer in a seperate sub group.
Step 2: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAsencfCtfilfCGoBUrhFljqORn0KFtDShM7MAWgJD-ThhFABuv/g9q/48LA/xflfAoE0c9AkCwrpWA-e
Step 3: …
Step 4: profit cry in a corner

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheLilith.2849

TheLilith.2849

I play chrono at raids and honestly it was a bit kittened to swap squad sub-groups to give them quickness and other boons. SoI is and will be still viable for quickness uptime. Now mesmer in raids will be optional rather than mandatory. The only argument I agree is that ANet have discrepancies in what they say: “we want less chronos in raids” – but now they change it that 2 will be required for full party quickness uptime.

About alacrity – imo it hurts burnzerkers rather than other classes however they should reduce mesmer’s cooldowns to keep his rotations.

Well of precognition is now total crap in raids…

Edit: Anyway, actually alacrity got nerfed by 37,5% rather than 50%.

Straight Outta Flax Farm [Flax]
Kawaleria [KW]

(edited by TheLilith.2849)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

If buy optional you mean replaced by another Burnzerker in every group, sure.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

SoI isn’t in the trashcan and shield wasn’t brought for alacrity ( https://youtu.be/M0c55SlQ3kE?t=1911 ).

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

Anyway, actually alacrity got nerfed by 37,5% rather than 50%.

Actually it may be nerfed even further 50%. Arent you forgetting that alacrity uptime is also nerfed in here? If alacrity effect is nerfed, CD of skills that provide alacrity are longer. (as any other utility like quickness uptime also). And the numbers that have been around on forums take from granted 100% alacrity uptime.

SoI isn’t in the trashcan and shield wasn’t brought for alacrity ( https://youtu.be/M0c55SlQ3kE?t=1911 ).

Wow, the guy on that video is clearly wrong.. He assumes alacrity (old one) is a 25%, sometimes less dps boost or even 0% for thief! Balance dev said it is a 66% dps increase and between these 2 i will obviously pick the dev, he is Anet, and like other dude in other topic says, Anet knows better. Kappa.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Edit: Anyway, actually alacrity got nerfed by 37,5% rather than 50%.

This is only true in situations with sufficient alacrity uptime. If alacrity is not up the entire time a skill is on cooldown, then it’s a 50% reduction.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

i’m not sure i’m understanding. were you guys swapping subgroups during combat to share boons with other subgroups? do you really think anything about the game was designed with that in mind??

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scribble.8069

Scribble.8069

Why not? It was all based on player-side timing. Good mesmers and rangers etc did it all the time. It made rotations in raids a little more interesting, but it was still completely optional to do so.

You can still do the same thing now, only instead of one person moving him/herself, it’ll have to be everyone else coming into/out of range in order to share buffs optimally.

Scribble Scrabbler
Kiss Kiss Bang [BANG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

Wow, the guy on that video is clearly wrong.. He assumes alacrity (old one) is a 25%, sometimes less dps boost or even 0% for thief! Balance dev said it is a 66% dps increase and between these 2 i will obviously pick the dev, he is Anet, and like other dude in other topic says, Anet knows better. Kappa.

lol

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s