PvE Mesmer

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Smurf.4736

Smurf.4736

I asked this a while back for mesmer on how it is and now i shall ask now after patch. How is mesmer in PvE? I would like to get into it, mainly because of Chloromancer. Other then that i want to get to know weapon sets and rotations since the patch came out.

Thanks

-Smurf

Mesmer : Lintar M

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Well chronomancer will most likely be a very different beast in PvE than the current mesmer core. With party-wide alacrity, AOE damage from wells, interesting new traits, it is hard to kitten exactly how much, but the mesmer meta is not unlikely to be a chronomancer.
Else, the “meta” for PvE seems to be essentially the same as before the patch but a bit stronger for all professions. Mesmer is definitely stronger than before but I’m not sure that its ranking in DPS has changed (so… quite low). It is still too early but I feel that mesmer’s role has not changed and is still nice utilities-low damage, not indispensable profession.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

With the already incoming nerfs, the pve experience is dropping rapidly. In pve, we were finally getting equal to other classes, but because of pvp balancing, we are becoming weak again.

My mesmer has been my main, but I think I am going to relegate it to an occasional character and main one of my other characters, haven’t decided which yet.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

So far, the traits they have nerfed where not very much PvE -related. So I don’t think the PvE experience is currently dropping.
There are a lot of PvP complaints as well as PvE complains, and it seems that they have one point in common: the damage of all classes simply got buffed too much compared to the defense of players or NPC. We are burning (literally) everything too fast. Hopefully, they will fix it by a global nerf of damage or buff of NPC and player’s HP. So if we are currently equal to other classes, then this would hopefully remain.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

PvE wise the mesmer gained huge buffs. I really mean HUGE buffs. I always go fotm 50, either trio or full orga pt’s. In the past few runs I expirienced:

• more reflection uptime with double feedback / being able to trait for feedback without suffering (old traits)
  • 15% more phantasm dmg we couldn’t really trait back in the old days
  • tons of utility with mimic, prismatic, time warp
  • finally we have DAMAGE MODIFIERS!

the result was:

• shattering 2 illusions and 1 persona → 15k crit per mob
  • scepter 3 → 16k
  • sword 2 → 14k
  • sword aa → 4k 4k 6k
  • mantra of pain → 5k
  • power block → 5k
  • quickness and ferocity … so much of it _

Overall, we really finally gained the damage buff we deserved. We no longer deal as much damage as a ranger pet, no, we are pretty much on pair with medium dmg classes.

Mesmer is really good in PvE and fun to play too now.

Really GJ ANet!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gibon.1705

Gibon.1705

Xyonon do you mind posting your traits/eq set?

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

Its Seems that Any Traits works fine, as long as you use them proper. Dont go for Projects where its no needed, dont go Phantom dps wehere is many AoE, Dont Go heavy mantra dmg modifer when combat is fast(you will not be able to get full proc of it), Shatter IS an VIABLE OPTION, Mix of Cond/dmg/crit works fine as Bers duo to Conf buff and op Bleed stack (hi Iwarden)

Seems that strong build will be Utility Phantom 2 rotations, shatter Them, and summon again if there is time, Duo to -2s cd whenever you destroy 1 phantom

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMBqAJ0Baw~

As weapons go either:
Sword/Pistol, Focus & Scepter/Pistol,Focus
As for stats Sinister or Bers should work fine, as Sigils Force & Bleed duration

WE can also go full Sinister “Condition” with Staff and Scepter/Torch its able to stack nice amount of burning/bleed/confussion Still testing it. Also Scepter #3 is Aoe skill that works great on trash mobs.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Using [Link] most of the time. I swap according to the situation though, for example boonstrip on shatter for dredge or ascalon fractals.

Build: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-R;9;9;9;0STV;0158056138;9;9;0FA
Dom: 2 | 3 | 3
Duel: 1 | 3 | 1
Insp: 2 | 1 | 3

According to my calculations, full assassins equip + scholar runes would be the best. Since I have all weapons in zerker form though, (and changing stats is extremly expensive when your 10g sigils get destroyed Q_Q) I’m better off by using eagle runes. Those damage numbers were btw with ranger runes, since I’ve been waiting for a chance with that patch – didn’t happen so I got finally rid of them :P

Calculations found here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Best-Equipment-Power-PvE/first#post5213187

All weapons are viable, if you know when und where to use them. Especially scepter now, I can’t say it enough, it’s amazing! I wouldn’t suggest it for dungeons tough, maybe just to use skill 3# and then swap and stay on sword + having 2 good phantasms, but for fotm, it’s a great single target dps weapon (good phantasm).
Aslong as you replace your aa with Mantra of Pain, you can go for almost every ranged weapon, even staff – iWarlock still hits like a truck with up to 20k per hit.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Mimic is the single best new thing that has come to PvE mesmer in this patch.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Mimic is the single best new thing that has come to PvE mesmer in this patch.

the noun “best” always decribes a single thing

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

“Best” in that context is an adjective.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

“Best” in that context is an adjective.

there is still just one best thing :o

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aither.2859

Aither.2859

Its Seems that Any Traits works fine, as long as you use them proper. Dont go for Projects where its no needed, dont go Phantom dps wehere is many AoE, Dont Go heavy mantra dmg modifer when combat is fast(you will not be able to get full proc of it), Shatter IS an VIABLE OPTION, Mix of Cond/dmg/crit works fine as Bers duo to Conf buff and op Bleed stack (hi Iwarden)

Seems that strong build will be Utility Phantom 2 rotations, shatter Them, and summon again if there is time, Duo to -2s cd whenever you destroy 1 phantom

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMBqAJ0Baw~

As weapons go either:
Sword/Pistol, Focus & Scepter/Pistol,Focus
As for stats Sinister or Bers should work fine, as Sigils Force & Bleed duration

WE can also go full Sinister “Condition” with Staff and Scepter/Torch its able to stack nice amount of burning/bleed/confussion Still testing it. Also Scepter #3 is Aoe skill that works great on trash mobs.

Question, why did you choose Sinister’s and not Rampager’s? I notice mixed reactions on this forum about choosing sinister or rampager armor and I myself would like to know which is the better of the two. I want at least one condition ascended armor which right now I have Rabid but I would like to change that to either sinister or rampager but don’t know which to choose.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

If you use duelist’s discipline to increase pistol bleeds, then go rampager to make up for the lack of phantasm fury and use sword. If you use phantasm fury, you loose bleeds but you can invest in sinister for the extra condi damage. Then scepter may be a better main hand.

I have done reasonably accurate calculations, and the rampager build takes a bit more time to build up damage than assassin (but converge to the same DPS). Rampager thus corresponds to a 1s loss of DPS. If you are 5 people, then that is 0.2 s DPS loss. So this is perfectly viable.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

If you use duelist’s discipline to increase pistol bleeds, then go rampager to make up for the lack of phantasm fury and use sword. If you use phantasm fury, you loose bleeds but you can invest in sinister for the extra condi damage. Then scepter may be a better main hand.

I have done reasonably accurate calculations, and the rampager build takes a bit more time to build up damage than assassin (but converge to the same DPS). Rampager thus corresponds to a 1s loss of DPS. If you are 5 people, then that is 0.2 s DPS loss. So this is perfectly viable.

I’m running sinister (may use some rampager trinkets) but am also using Duelist Discipline. How much crit chance do you think we need before we start seeing results with our bleeds?

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Duelist’s discipline adds bleeds without crits, so this works perfectly fine. That’s about 5.3 bleeds/unload. The sharper image gives bleed on crits. With 100% crits that is 8 bleed. In sinister, with banners, your phantasms get to about 60% crit (80% for you thanks to fury). That’s about 2 bleeds less per phantasms than Rampager. And you partly make up for it by the extra condition damage. At the end, the DPS loss is minimal. Also, if you add some crit food + some maintenance oil + a spotter ranger, you’re back in business (Rampager + banner + fury is already above 100% crit for himself).

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

Duelist’s discipline adds bleeds without crits, so this works perfectly fine. That’s about 5.3 bleeds/unload. The sharper image gives bleed on crits. With 100% crits that is 8 bleed. In sinister, with banners, your phantasms get to about 60% crit (80% for you thanks to fury). That’s about 2 bleeds less per phantasms than Rampager. And you partly make up for it by the extra condition damage. At the end, the DPS loss is minimal. Also, if you add some crit food + some maintenance oil + a spotter ranger, you’re back in business (Rampager + banner + fury is already above 100% crit for himself).

Thanks a lot! +1 for sure

While I’m asking questions, do you think this change has made staff viable for PvE? I know its kinda lackluster since the Chaotic Dampening nerf, but do the clone aa, chaos storm, and iWarlock make up for it?

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I don’t have major experience with that, but staff is definitely used in solo-play. When I did compute the DPS of staff, chaos storm hits hard, but the AA is very weak. Also, staff is a condi weapon, but the warlock is a direct damage one. It can hit very kitten a berserker/assassin setting especially if your party is stacking conditions on the enemy but not much in a condi gear. Overall, staff is a good defensive weapon, not a great offensive one.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

Overall, staff is a good defensive weapon, not a great offensive one.

Yea specialy on bers gear when Warlock hits now for 20k very 8s (6s traited) and on condi With Image permament stacking
burn… or in PvP where Power Lock will deal 6k dmg every person trying using a skill… yeap not great offensive one… :P

Every weapon have now kittene.. wtb Build templ save… its anynoing to change every few min a build/weapons…

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Photoloss.4817

Photoloss.4817

When I did compute the DPS of staff, chaos storm hits hard, but the AA is very weak.

Well, Mantra of Pain is a thing…

Would’ve been really cool to try a MtD Chaos Armor spam build though, AoE condi and doesn’t get shut down as easily as triple iWarden. Plus in theory it should qualify as a PvE shatter build, so I’m rather confused why specifically those traits got nerfed.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Yesterday I solo’d SE p2 on my mes.

Nothing came even close to Staff & Rabid setup. The DPS was awesome (30+ bleeds when in melee with 3 clones) and survivability is insane. Full toughness from Rabid + 3% damage reduction for each clone clone, of which I almost always had 3 up, allowed me to facetank the insane dps pressure from those dredge. Often, I engaged 3+ at once and had no problem surviving.

I tried going with Duelists/Wardens but they couldn’t sustain the pressure and I couldn’t re-summon them fast enough. Things just didn’t work as well as I hoped.

This pretty much confirmed my belief, condi staff is the best (except those niche cases where condi’s just don’t work) for solo pve.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Well the duelist/wardens are not for soloing
It’s a build meant to compete with the berserker one, so full DPS, less sustain.

As I said, I have no experience at all with soloing dungeons/FotM.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

You can always use scepter / staff / gs and simply replace the aa with mop. Fill with other skills and you’ll be fine. Sometimes it’s even better to just start with a weapon for certain skills and then swap to the sword until target X dies. It depends on dungeons or fotm content though.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

When I did compute the DPS of staff, chaos storm hits hard, but the AA is very weak.

Winds of Chaos does a lot more damage when you have three clones casting it along with you.

With condition caps lifted and Illusionary Elasticity standard on all models, the Staff can be used like a “land trident” (i.e., spam clones for their autoattacks) with all the uber craziness that comes with it.

It’s also a good idea not to ignore the power of all those buffs bouncing around, because they really pump up the volume in just about any kind of encounter.

And, as ever, the Staff gets better the closer you are to the target. At melee range it can be positively sublime.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lomopop.7028

Lomopop.7028

Yesterday I solo’d SE p2 on my mes.

Nothing came even close to Staff & Rabid setup. The DPS was awesome (30+ bleeds when in melee with 3 clones) and survivability is insane. Full toughness from Rabid + 3% damage reduction for each clone clone, of which I almost always had 3 up, allowed me to facetank the insane dps pressure from those dredge. Often, I engaged 3+ at once and had no problem surviving.

I tried going with Duelists/Wardens but they couldn’t sustain the pressure and I couldn’t re-summon them fast enough. Things just didn’t work as well as I hoped.

This pretty much confirmed my belief, condi staff is the best (except those niche cases where condi’s just don’t work) for solo pve.

Mind sharing your build. I tried soloing CM and was having a horrible time with a power phantasm build, which is what I used to use. I can’t figure out if it’s the scaling, it’s weaker than before, or I just haven’t found a groove yet.

(edited by Lomopop.7028)

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

frifox.5283

Mind sharing your build.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-R;9;9;9;0TUW;0248146056;9;9;0Fy

Staff. Rabid all around. Krait runes and Bursting/Earth sigils. Domination/Midnight signets & Mirror Images. Ether Feast. TW.

(edited by frifox.5283)

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Photoloss.4817

Winds of Chaos does a lot more damage when you have three clones casting it along with you.

With condition caps lifted and Illusionary Elasticity standard on all models, the Staff can be used like a “land trident” (i.e., spam clones for their autoattacks) with all the uber craziness that comes with it.

It’s also a good idea not to ignore the power of all those buffs bouncing around, because they really pump up the volume in just about any kind of encounter.

And, as ever, the Staff gets better the closer you are to the target. At melee range it can be positively sublime.

That omits all the opportunity cost though: The single-hit effect is pitiful with or without boons, while Sword can cleave 3 targets and gain total damage from it. Having 3 clones up means you don’t have any phantasms, so your dps baseline is already at 50%. You also lack the gap-closer, immobilise and evade/block from one-handed weapons, which may or may not be relevant.

Soloing is another story, but even for the “mediocre PuG” level of play Staff doesn’t bring much to the table

Even shattering is kinda inferior, a +30%dmg zerker Mind Wrack hurts, and may give up to 6s cdr on your precious phantasms if you choose against Compounding Power for whatever reason. Staff condi shatter gives you …4 Torment + 4-8 Confusion, great. Actually Cry of Frustration as a whole kinda sucks as a “condi Mind Wrack”.

(edited by Photoloss.4817)

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Question, why did you choose Sinister’s and not Rampager’s? I notice mixed reactions on this forum about choosing sinister or rampager armor and I myself would like to know which is the better of the two. I want at least one condition ascended armor which right now I have Rabid but I would like to change that to either sinister or rampager but don’t know which to choose.

I think it’s worth noting that Duelist’s Discipline is apparently broken right now. Once it’s fixed, a Sc/P+T build seems like a good way to apply lots of conditions.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lomopop.7028

Lomopop.7028

Mind sharing your build.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-R;9;9;9;0TUW;0248146056;9;9;0Fy

Staff. Rabid all around. Krait runes and Bursting/Earth sigils. Domination/Midnight signets & Mirror Images. Ether Feast. TW.

Thanks!

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I have been playing Sc/P-F on a pug which wanted to range everything, and I think it’s the best DPS we can achieve at range, close to the DPS of melee zerk. It helped also that in this dungeon, a few of the boss are both mobile and reasonably fast attacking for torment and confusion to hit hard.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

And one thing I didn’t think about, but since both warden and duelist are combo finishers, I got some extra condition damage from the ethereal fields I put or more often the fire field the party put.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Condition damage, especially from finishers, are rather insignificant for power builds since the patch. Also iSwordsman attacks a bit faster since last patch. It’s superior to duelist now. And you got that daze / block

But yea, scepter 3 deals massive damage and it is even a dps increase to start with summoning a phantasm, use scepter 3, swap, do the sword things until the boss dies.

Btw: mantra of pain replaces weak auto attacks – everything but sword aa. Unless 4+ targets, then mantra of pain outdamages even sword aa.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Duelist in rampager is superior to swordsman in assassin/berserker. The problem is sword AA in assassin beats everything’s AA in rampager :p

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

What would be a good weapon combo for Solo-Open World, if you’re just killing stuff, clearing maps, etc? I assume Sword / Focus based on what I was reading.

(edited by Faction.4013)

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

The swiftness of focus is definitely welcome to be a bit less slow. The signet of inspiration now also grants 50% swiftness uptime (+ if boon duration).
Also focus is our only AOE phantasm, which is useful in open world. I would guess mantra of pain is nice too as a AOE damage.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Photoloss.4817

What would be a good weapon combo if you’re just killing stuff, clearing maps, etc? I assume Sword / Focus based on what I was reading.

Sw/F fully traited, GS with Sigil of Fire for tagging (+Mantra of Pain for zerg events), Signet of Inspiration for the passive, Blink for tight spots. Zerker or assassin stats.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hiemdal.4367

Hiemdal.4367

I’ve been using the greatsword a bit in PvE and it seems very solid – still not great but better than it was before. When traited you get might stacks on crit, and every activated skill cripples the enemy (which can be great on some bosses and terrible for others). With chronomancer the weapon should get even better, with permanent slow on enemies + increased crit chance.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: tii.7192

tii.7192

@Frifox
Have you considered Nightmare runes, sigils of Malice/Geomancy, Midnight signet along with duration food and utility gives 95% duration on all conditions (100% on confusion obviously). Throw in signet of Inspiration and you have near permanent 100% on all conditions and still be over 1900 condition damage.
I,m not suggesting its a better PvE solo set up, but its been eating things alive since I,ve been playing around with it.

(edited by tii.7192)

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Duelist in rampager is superior to swordsman in assassin/berserker. The problem is sword AA in assassin beats everything’s AA in rampager :p

That’s exactly what my problem was too. Same goes for Mantra of Pain. And reflection. And at this point I stopped trying :P

What would be a good weapon combo for Solo-Open World, if you’re just killing stuff, clearing maps, etc? I assume Sword / Focus based on what I was reading.

In the old days I’d have said sword+focus and greatsword. But nowdays leveling a mesmer has changed. I expirienced it myself since I made a new mesmer again, to exprience leveling with mes again

• Sword + Focus | Scepter + Sword is awesome!
  • Trait all your points into Duelling until you got the traits 1 | 3 | 1
  • If you are EU and want some advice, I can help you ingame, just pm me

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

@Xyonon I know the feeling… Everything could be different if the scepter didn’t overwrite phantasm. On its own, in rampager it can be on par or better than sword (depends a lot on the enemy’s attack/movement rate obviously). But this clone in the AA… I don’t even get it, I think almost nobody likes this clone anyway! It’s too slow for a shatter mesmer, its AA is so bad even condition mesmers don’t want it to overwrite staff clones, …

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

frifox.5283

@Frifox
Have you considered Nightmare runes, sigils of Malice/Geomancy, Midnight signet along with duration food and utility gives 95% duration on all conditions (100% on confusion obviously). Throw in signet of Inspiration and you have near permanent 100% on all conditions and still be over 1900 condition damage.
I,m not suggesting its a better PvE solo set up, but its been eating things alive since I,ve been playing around with it.

My main source of dmg is bleeds so it was an obvious choice to buff bleed duration as much as I could, which is where krait runes come in – 45% boost vs. the much smaller 15% overall duration boost from nightmare. Also, the 6th bonus granting a bunch of extra condis when I drop TW is a nice addition to my dps, while the nightmare rune 6th bonus doesn’t really offer anything valuable.

Basically my goal was to cap bleed duration. 45% from krait + 40% from food + 20% from signet = 105% bleed duration, which gets capped to 100%. By reaching 100% with just those 3 means I don’t need sigils like Malice (already at 100%) and can afford sigils like Bursting and Earth for even more bleed stacks/dmg. Usually I stay in staff whole time so Geomancy didn’t make sense, unless you equip 2x staff in which case I don’t know which one is the better choice …

I ran this setup in dungeon last night and I was hovering around ~2500 condi damage. Under ideal conditions I was hovering around 30 to 40 bleed stacks.

(edited by frifox.5283)

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

@Xyonon I know the feeling… Everything could be different if the scepter didn’t overwrite phantasm. On its own, in rampager it can be on par or better than sword (depends a lot on the enemy’s attack/movement rate obviously). But this clone in the AA… I don’t even get it, I think almost nobody likes this clone anyway! It’s too slow for a shatter mesmer, its AA is so bad even condition mesmers don’t want it to overwrite staff clones, …

Just don’t do auto attacks. You can do scepter #3, summon phantasm, while at the same time unloading mantra of pain, charging it again after the phantasm, unload it while doing 2 (!) basic attacks, use scepter #3 again, recharge again, swap to sword. Something like this. You never have to use the 3rd basic attack. Try it! Scepter #3 is amazing dps wise, truly amazing.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I find it interesting that you stay in staff the whole time. What made a fast weapon swap to for example scepter/pistol for a short DPS burst a bad idea? Is it the lack of survivability or the annoying lacklusters scepter clones?

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

Just don’t do auto attacks. You can do scepter #3, summon phantasm, while at the same time unloading mantra of pain, charging it again after the phantasm, unload it while doing 2 (!) basic attacks, use scepter #3 again, recharge again, swap to sword. Something like this. You never have to use the 3rd basic attack. Try it! Scepter #3 is amazing dps wise, truly amazing.

One nice thing about Mesmer is that Mantra of Pain really can fully replace our AAs. Of course, the flip side of that is that we have a lot of crappy AAs that we’re better off replacing with Mantra of Pain…

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I haven’t used much mantras post-patch so I am not sure I understand everything: Even if they recharge in the background (which I still think is a bug) you still need to channel them which takes 2.75s. So as a spike damage it works, but after 3 uses you still need to charge it right? Is your point simply that since we get 3 instant casts worth more than 1s AA DPS each, the 2.75s channeling is still worth it?

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliavres.4910

Eliavres.4910

Using [Link] most of the time. I swap according to the situation though, for example boonstrip on shatter for dredge or ascalon fractals.

According to my calculations, full assassins equip + scholar runes would be the best. Since I have all weapons in zerker form though, (and changing stats is extremly expensive when your 10g sigils get destroyed Q_Q) I’m better off by using eagle runes. Those damage numbers were btw with ranger runes, since I’ve been waiting for a chance with that patch – didn’t happen so I got finally rid of them :P

Calculations found here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Best-Equipment-Power-PvE/first#post5213187

Any idea how much of a difference in dps there is between your build and using Illusions as the 3rd line for Compounding Power and Phantasmal Haste?

Also, your calculations for full Assassins equip are Assassins weap/armor and bers trinkets correct? Or are there any assassins trinkets other than that CM reward that I’m unaware of?

Karadoc Breifbras – Warrior
Clolne – Mesmer
Quiroprata – Engineer

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

I haven’t used much mantras post-patch so I am not sure I understand everything: Even if they recharge in the background (which I still think is a bug) you still need to channel them which takes 2.75s. So as a spike damage it works, but after 3 uses you still need to charge it right? Is your point simply that since we get 3 instant casts worth more than 1s AA DPS each, the 2.75s channeling is still worth it?

The cast time of the Scepter chain means that it takes about the same amount of time to burn three charges of MoP as it does to go through a full Scepter AA chain. And three MoP charges will deal more damage to more targets at a longer range.

Most importantly, you can use MoP while channeling a different weapon skill. Like Scepter/Sword block or Scepter 3. And then you can use another weapon skill with no activation time (e.g, Phase Retreat and Chaos Armour, other charged Mantras, some of our utilities) while charging MoP again.

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Yes you still have to recharge them, but they give now (traited) a boost wich increases further dmg by 4% stacking up to 5 times. Charging 2.75s for 3 hits of a 5 target aoe outdamages our auto attacks in certain situations:

• mantra of pain will always outdamage greatsword, scepter and staff auto attack
  • mantra of pain will outdamage sword auto attack if there are 4+ targets

That’s pretty much it. The goal is to charge your mantras when you have a death time anyway, like when you are in fractals and need some space from a boss for a moment. Also NEVER cancel the 3rd auto attack of the sword to recharge the mantra, since this is the power spike in the rota.

greez

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Any idea how much of a difference in dps there is between your build and using Illusions as the 3rd line for Compounding Power and Phantasmal Haste?

Also, your calculations for full Assassins equip are Assassins weap/armor and bers trinkets correct? Or are there any assassins trinkets other than that CM reward that I’m unaware of?

As long as you have a boss where you don’t have to worry about reflections and conditions, you can use the illusion trait line. But it’s rather a solo trait line. A 2s longer time warp will probably do more than the illusion trait line for the team. But dps wise those two lines aren’t that significant anyway.

Check out the link, there is a image at the very first post. The difference is tiny, so tiny. But it’s bigger for reflected projectiles. Full kitten equip with zerk trinkets but kitten accessoires are the best you can do. But better check out the thread

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Best-Equipment-Power-PvE/first#post5226989

PvE Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

It interesting to see that bleeding is the way to go. I was playing with this before this patch and now with this patch is has proved that my experiment is working well.

My BBbuild is now taking a rest while i try a confusion / torment build. Trying to get the gear is what holding me back.