(PvE/WvW) R.I.P. Greatsword Mesmer, 12/3/2012

in Mesmer

Posted by: Erebus Delirium.4892

Erebus Delirium.4892

Now that iBerserker has a delay before attacking, can miss outright, and has a low chance to hit moving targets due to attack delay, I can finally say my spec has been utterly destroyed.

I put so much effort into finding my own niche with this class. I never read a spec guide or depended on anyone else’s techniques. I carved out my own play-style. The Mesmer nerfs up until 12/3 required me to adapt and accept a slightly less-powerful character.

As of the 12/3 patch, my character is dead. The phantasm spawn-to-attack delay creates too many variables that can prevent the phantasms from performing as expected. At this point it’s either respec, reroll, or quit.

Even if the devs acknowledge this as an issue, it can take weeks or more to be fixed. This isn’t something I can just deal with in the interim. It is fully game-breaking. Furthermore, there is no guarantee any such fix would be an acceptable one; I suspect it won’t be.

-Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cezary.7462

Cezary.7462

I agree. I know it sounds like complaining but i think you have right. There is nothing more to say.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Because, that Delay is soooooo new. Hasn’t been there since beta or anything. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Everyone with half a brain and basic knowledge of the class could avoid the delay till now though.
It was like a work around to a bug. But lately I got a feeling that we have no longer bugs, just features.
It’s like the argument that everyone has a problem with “obstructed” so it is totally ok, that mesmers now have the same problem too. Instead of thinking along the line: Let’s fix this bug for all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loco.9508

Loco.9508

I’m just disappointed they don’t have the integrity to document all the changes to classes.

Verdict – 80 Mesmer – EVOH – Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Stealth nerfs are better, if people notice and hate it and their post patch QA testing determines it to be broken they can just call it a bug. But I’m sure that’s not what happened here.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Well the delay has been confirmed as intentional so even if the the damage comes back the weapon will still be useless.

RIP Mesmer, you were a fun class till the pvp whiners killed you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

It was like a work around to a bug. But lately I got a feeling that we have no longer bugs, just features.

It was just stated that the delay is an intended feature. Apparently giving people two chances to negate our phantasms wasn’t enough, now they need to give people extra time to react or kill the phantasm on their second chance to take no damage once it is summoned.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Madara.3126

Madara.3126

now idk how to play mesmer..i running a GS – s/s-focus power build and now i don’t have the range atk (without the GS)..how i can do dmg from away the enemy?i’ll prove to use a melee build, but for it there’s the warrior with heavy armor and great massive dmg..so i’ll use the warrior for a while i think..but it don’t like to me..i love play as a masmer, with pro and cons, but now to play mesmer is very difficult..hope this end 4 ever after 12/14 and i can use the build that i have so hard study..see ya mesmer..

Envoy of the End [EotE]
Ros
Human Mesmer

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

I don’t really mind de-emphasizing Phantasms tbh.
I’d go one step further and completely remove their damage (in favour of adding proper, useful utility, mind you). I’d rather have any and all damage on the Shatters, as this’d give an interesting duality to our system if our defence and utility is Clone respectively Phantasm-bound while our damage is Shatter-bound.

Alas, for now the best I’ll settle for is someone to do something about how weak our Signets feel. And then afterwards the Mantras please, I don’t like skills which are weak pre-traits, they should be useful on their own.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Have to create other chars for the other orders anyway, (face)rolling a warrior for farming now until maybe the mesmer’s ever gonna be fixed/balanced separately for PvE/PvP. I seriously doubt that though.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Rest in peace, beloved greatsword mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I don’t really mind de-emphasizing Phantasms tbh.
I’d go one step further and completely remove their damage (in favour of adding proper, useful utility, mind you). I’d rather have any and all damage on the Shatters, as this’d give an interesting duality to our system if our defence and utility is Clone respectively Phantasm-bound while our damage is Shatter-bound.

Alas, for now the best I’ll settle for is someone to do something about how weak our Signets feel. And then afterwards the Mantras please, I don’t like skills which are weak pre-traits, they should be useful on their own.

So make them more like iMage? Where he doesn’t really do damage by that confusion and retaliation sure as hell makes a lot of smart players think twice about hitting you, then there’s also the defender…

I’d be ok with this, however I gotta say I do like havin my army of leaping purple sword wielding humans… Well before I shatter them because I’m more of a shatter mes then a phantasm one…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

My general idea would be to split our Phantasms into three categories:

• Finishers
  • Buff/Debuff
  • (other) Utility

The mapping I’d think of right now would be to give the offhand weapons buffs or debuffs, the 2Hers (we got 4, so this fits well) the finishers, and keep the utility phantasms at defensive field / shearing, this works well.

As for specific effects, uuuh… brainstorming:

• Swordsman: Cripples. Probably reduce delay to 5s and increase duration of the Cripple to 2,5s~3s.
  • Duelist: Stacks vulnerability (so 8 stacks per barrage).
  • Warden: Grants Retaliation and Reflection to anyone in melee range with him while he whirls.
  • Mage: Locks onto the enemy, then scans for friendly players in 300 proximity. Every 6s he casts on one friendly target a small smoke explosion which grants Distortion (PvE/WvW) or Stealth (sPvP) for 1 second.
  • Berserker gets Whirl finishers. Tweak inter-attack delay.
  • Warlock gets Blast finishers. Tweak inter-attack delay.
  • Whaler gets Projectile finishers, 4 per attack, tweak delay.
  • Mariner gets Leap finishers, 3 per attack (rapidly surging in&out), tweak delay.
  • Defender keeps his field, loses attack, gains 6s of Aegis every 6s.
  • Disenchanter loses damage, tweak delay.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Grave.4523

Grave.4523

At this point I would almost like for them to give us all the abilities our phantasms have and just make those abilities spawn clones. It would clean up the battlefield, and make it so our pve damage isn’t obliterated by aoe attacks. It would also give us really cool flashy attacks with legendaries.

For example, phantasmal berserker could become illusionary whirl, where we spin with the greatsword in a target direction, leaving a clone behind. Bonus Points if we can warp back to the original spawn point and swap with the clone. (like the underwater spear ability). Now imagine that with Twilight.

(edited by Grave.4523)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Because, that Delay is soooooo new. Hasn’t been there since beta or anything. :P

The delay is several times longer now. It is the result of a “fix” to a trait stacking bug. ANet has recognized this new longer delay is indeed an issue and will be lowering it 0.25s as stated in another thread.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mjk.7562

Mjk.7562

Everyone with half a brain and basic knowledge of the class could avoid the delay till now though.
It’s like the argument that everyone has a problem with “obstructed” so it is totally ok, that mesmers now have the same problem too. Instead of thinking along the line: Let’s fix this bug for all.

Amen to this, they do not know how to fix something so they say it is feature:D

41 Ranger, 80 Thief, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Ele.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jeremy Winston.2165

Jeremy Winston.2165

I may have half a brain or not… I wasn’t getting a delay, but I can’t say why not. I didn’t even know it existed before.

What’s the ‘workaround?’

First to die!

If I beat you, you might want to consider changing games.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

I may have half a brain or not… I wasn’t getting a delay, but I can’t say why not. I didn’t even know it existed before.

What’s the ‘workaround?’

The work around is rolling a guardian or a warrior. They’re amazing at PvE/ WvW/PvP.
They’re tanky even when not spec’d for it
They have massive dps when spec’d for it
They are the best farming classes in the game according to majority opinion on the forums.
They have plenty of cc
They have plenty ways of surviving when being focus’d and in fact were designed to withstand large barrages

2 days ago when the latest patch further destroyed what remained of mesmer I decided to reroll as guardian. Haven’t been able to bring myself to do it yet, just don’t have the stomach for rerolling at the moment. I’ll stick to some jump puzzles or something else that doesn’t require a level or any class skills to do.

There’s your work around. Don’t play mesmer. They’ll figure it out when 50% of the mesmer population abandons the class altogether and the other 50% stubbornly sit in the forums crying for change with half a voice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mavet.3047

mavet.3047

:( Welcome to SWTOR all over again… This game is REALLY turning into one stinking piece of garbage…

Mors janua vitæ

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

:( Welcome to SWTOR all over again… This game is REALLY turning into one stinking piece of garbage…

……………….and you necro’d this…why?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Mesmer

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

……………….and you necro’d this…why?

Because he felt like whining? Got to love all the drama queens in this thread though, lol.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus