(PvP Build + Gameplay) Mesmer PU Guide

in Mesmer

Posted by: Waveguider.6271

Waveguider.6271

Extremely strong duelling capabilities as seen in the video!
Optimized build guide!
Try it out for yourself and do what I did to that elementalist!

Feedback wanted!

in Mesmer

Posted by: renss.5764

renss.5764

brahh, PU doesn’t need a guide. It’s so easy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

The effort is appreciated, but basically, what renss said.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

@de haterz
I don’t know why there is so much hate for PU. Just to be clear, I don’t want to hear your personal reasons why. I have heard it before… ’it’s easy’ , ’it’s so forgiving’ , it’s cheese’. Osicat played pu builds. Pyro played pu builds-enuf said.

For the OP, I know your new to the build but I couldn’t help but wonder why you didn’t use torch Prestige.

At about 10:10 you get focused while your on staff and your weapon swap is up, yet you still go down. You could of disengaged with prestige—- or blocked attacks with scepter and then disengaged with torch stealth.

If you want to get all you can out of combos, if you start in scepter/torch, you can use confusing images, pop mage, get a block while runnnig toward target—- then prestige, weapon swap, Chaos storm (when you attack from using chaos storm, will chaos armor you again) , wait till last second of chaos storm, phase retreat out= more bubble— and then finally Chaos armor…if you want more wait about 2 secs and nullfield phase retreat

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Im sorry but PU doesn’t need a guide to being played, it is a very forgiving spec that only works on new players and allows you to make mistakes without getting punished very hard.

Also, Osicat played PU because at that time, everything was becoming condi and shatter couldn’t survive in the condi roaming meta. Pyro played PU because his immortal build got ruined so he went to the next best immortal build.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

While guides for PU can be greatly appreciated, I don’t think this one is particularly good.

Illusionary elasticity doesn’t work with staff clones, so that’s a useless trait. You’re also taking the confusion duration trait, but you have no effective way of applying confusion. Lastly, your only condition removal is null field, which is entirely inadequate as a personal condition removal.

Overall, not a good build. I wouldn’t recommend using it.

PU builds are very strong currently. The trait is one of the few remaining good traits that mesmers have, and PU builds simply are the best builds for any situation in which surviving is optimal.

Contrary to popular misbelief, PU builds have a skill cap just as monstrously high as any other build mesmers have. However, the difference is in how this skill is displayed. Where in an interrupt build you need to be greatly skilled to make it function at all, because interrupts are a poorly supported mechanic that don’t work well in this game, in PU builds that skill is shown as how effectively you can survive in increasingly hostile situations while still performing offensively.

(edited by Fay.2357)

in Mesmer

EnderzShadow.2506

Im sorry but PU doesn’t need a guide to being played, it is a very forgiving spec that only works on new players and allows you to make mistakes without getting punished very hard.

Also, Osicat played PU because at that time, everything was becoming condi and shatter couldn’t survive in the condi roaming meta. Pyro played PU because his immortal build got ruined so he went to the next best immortal build.

Technically, nothing needs a guide to be played.

Also, shatter still can’t survive in the roaming meta.

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I play shatter in roaming with a couple of friends and do fine. The meta has changed again and it is more power focused now so shatter can be somewhat decent now in groups.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

EnderzShadow.2506

PU builds are very strong currently. The trait is one of the few remaining good traits that mesmers have, and PU builds simply are the best builds for any situation in which surviving is optimal.

Contrary to popular misbelief, PU builds have a skill cap just as monstrously high as any other build mesmers have. However, the difference is in how this skill is displayed. Where in an interrupt build you need to be greatly skilled to make it function at all, because interrupts are a poorly supported mechanic that don’t work well in this game, in PU builds that skill is shown as how effectively you can survive in increasingly hostile situations while still performing offensively.

Listening to you talk about it, makes me want to play it again! I think maybe I just need to tweak it.

in Mesmer

EnderzShadow.2506

I play shatter in roaming with a couple of friends and do fine. The meta has changed again and it is more power focused now so shatter can be somewhat decent now in groups.

I don’t disagree with you. However, I rarely have a roaming ‘group’ to run with.
Solo roaming WvW as a shatter spec is a painfully frustrating experience.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bo Van Swill.7619

Bo Van Swill.7619

I don’t disagree with you. However, I rarely have a roaming ‘group’ to run with.

Yeah i solo roam with a shatter build and find it just fine, as for PU i have never played it and never will it is what gives us mesmers a bad name and why every one calls for us to be nerfed.

Skuld Foefire Mesmer, Thord Blackthorn Guardian, Gele Fireheart Elementalist
Beezy Chan Engineer,Sarah Soulcaller Necromancer

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Yea I don’t solo roam period. All you will fight Is some form of cancer. If anything ill roam with friends or just other people from the server. Doesn’t have to be a “group”, just other people haha.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yeah i solo roam with a shatter build and find it just fine, as for PU i have never played it and never will it is what gives us mesmers a bad name and why every one calls for us to be nerfed.

You’ll be just fine on shatter unless you encounter pretty much any condie built class, or a thief, or more than 1 or 2 people…

You play PU when roaming solo or with a glass partner because it allows you to actually survive.

As for shatter/lockdown in PvP…you’ll be fine until you hit an enemy team with a thief that knows what to do, at which point you’ll become instantly borderline useless. I don’t like having my effectiveness dictated by a single pick on the other team, so I play PU.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I read the first guy saying “Shatter can’t survive in the solo meta”,

Then I read you saying “Shatter works great roaming with a couple friends to carry me!”