[PvP][WvW] The Invincible Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

Hi guys,
I’m Mijo, solo roamer and tpvp addicted from Ring Of Fire Server EU ^^
I saw a lot of guys complaining about the changes to the mesmer class, so i decided to share the build i’m using after the 15.
As a player that used mesmer since Q1 2013 and tried every major and meta build that came out in this year, i think that this one could be our strongest build ever!
I think it could replace the famous Blackwater build, because it offer better heals, better condi removal, more interrupts (awesome with perplexity), more chasing ability, confusion on clone death.
I actually tried 2 versions of the build, the first is a condi PU build (defensive) and the other is an interrupt build (aggressive).

THE INVINCIBLE MESMER

WEAPONS FOR DEFENSIVE VERSION
1) Staff
2) Scepter/torch (or sword/torch)
For the interrupt version you can choose whatever you like the most, i tried scepter/torch – sword/pistol

UTILITIES
Heal: Mantra of Recovery
Utilities: Blink (not a must have, but i love it), Decoy, Mantra of Distraction
Elite: Mass Invisibility

TRAITS
0-6-6-2-0
Dueling:
Adept: you choose, we have 4 nice possibilities, sword cd-blink range-mantra cd-retaliation on block
Master: Deceptive Evasion
Grandmaster: Harmonious Mantras
Chaos:
Adept: Debilitating Dissipation
Master: Chaotic Dampening (bountifull interruption in aggressive version)
Grandmaster: PU (or CI for hipsters)
Inspiration:
Adept: Mender’s Purity

EQUIPMENT
Armor: Rabid
Trinkets: Rabid
Runes: Perplexity (or traveller if you prefer mobility), in PvP i use nightmare thx to the bug/exploit ^^
Sigils: energy on both sets is a must have, the other 2 you choose (i like generosity a LOT)

FOOD
Well this depend on how much you want to spend, i’m poor so i use Koi cakes and Quality tuning crystal -.-

WHY THIS BUILD?
Almost every mesmer in this community have tried a 20-20-30-0-0 PU build , and know how strong that is, but also know the 2 weak points, condition removal and chasing ability, this new version offer this 2 things and more!
PS: well, chasing will never be our strong point but whatever…

PROS
-Mantras synergize in an awesome way with PU, every stealth skill we have give us the time to recast 1 of our mantras.
-better condition damage than classic PU builds thx to Dueling last minor trait (confusion on clone death) and more interrupt that proc Perplexity 6th bonus.
-all other good things of PU builds

CONS
-In the end this is a PU build, do not expect to chase thieves and GS warriors or be able to kill cleric guardians ^^

If you guys have any kind of questions (or even suggestions) just write here and i’ll respond.
The End! If anyone is willing to try the build and post a video of it it would be awesome, my computer is not good enough for it

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Galadan.4562

Galadan.4562

Well, you propose the very same build i have in my mind to check, cause i beleive that will have great potential after anet placed Harmonious mantras to dueling tree. However i’m in a tiny dilemna: Is it better to keep Mender’s purity for more condition removal (although i suppose that 3 mantra charges are more than enough to do that), or drop it and place 2 points in domination for crippling dissipation? In anycase both builds will be very very good in my opinion and for sure i’ll check both

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

nowa days wen ppl see pu alot of them just run and even with blink you wont be able to chase them. id try out ci and drop decoy and get sig of domination

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Mesmer

Mystogan.4157

Well, you propose the very same build i have in my mind to check, cause i beleive that will have great potential after anet placed Harmonious mantras to dueling tree. However i’m in a tiny dilemna: Is it better to keep Mender’s purity for more condition removal (although i suppose that 3 mantra charges are more than enough to do that), or drop it and place 2 points in domination for crippling dissipation? In anycase both builds will be very very good in my opinion and for sure i’ll check both

id always choose menders with mantra. crippling dissipation doesnt really do much for you. it just cripples for 3 secs IF they kill a clone the only time yo would need to cripple is if they were running, and they wouldnt kill a clone if they were runninga way.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Galadan.4562

Galadan.4562

Thanks for your answer @Mystogan. I am closer to choose mender’s purity and check this build. Btw clones can be killed by you, by constantly replacing them and this thing (crippling) is helping you kite the enemy. Just a definition, although i am sure you know that

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

20-20-30 or 10-20-30-10 pu builds win from this build easily. I don’t see why exactly you think this ‘’might be the strongest build ever’‘.
You, obviously, lack damage. This forces you to stay in fight longer and have more condition removals. That means the mantra healing is almost a must. This healing is lower than ether feast so your healing overall will be lower too. I don’t really see how it offers ‘’better heals’‘. Please explain.
You would completely rely on bleedings as either rabid or your traits add 0 power. Then something I don’t get is why not use iduelist to stack bleedings.
With Perplexity you wouldn’t survive in WvW probably, but I guess you also mentioned so lets just leave that away.
You can´t chase kitten with this.

Sorry to be so harsh, but this wouldn´t even come close to being equal to 10/20-20-30-(10)

in Mesmer

Mystogan.4157

yea ik you can kill them but the build you are showing needs to keep clones up and autoing for the bleeds. and its hard to get staff or scepter clones close enough to the enemy so you can destroy them proc ing the kill effects because they are ranged

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I run something very much like your build. I have 2 in dom rather than 6 in duelling. I run a hybrid power/condi/shatter setup mostly zerker . Ran it for a long time now, works great tbh.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

Thanks god someone using PU that not got the signet heal.. For real, I think the healing signet sucks even if you have 3 illusions up. If someone burst on you, you will have to get out and wait until your life come back. How long?
Good Build by the way.

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

in Mesmer

Mijo.3274

20-20-30 or 10-20-30-10 pu builds win from this build easily. I don’t see why exactly you think this ‘’might be the strongest build ever’‘.
You, obviously, lack damage. This forces you to stay in fight longer and have more condition removals. That means the mantra healing is almost a must. This healing is lower than ether feast so your healing overall will be lower too. I don’t really see how it offers ‘’better heals’‘. Please explain.
You would completely rely on bleedings as either rabid or your traits add 0 power. Then something I don’t get is why not use iduelist to stack bleedings.
With Perplexity you wouldn’t survive in WvW probably, but I guess you also mentioned so lets just leave that away.
You can´t chase kitten with this.

Sorry to be so harsh, but this wouldn´t even come close to being equal to 10/20-20-30-(10)

Well this build outheal a classic PU build thanks to harmonious mantras (you gotta try that heal traited for 3 shots and lower cd + mender’s purity, awesome!)
Having 3 dazes always ready help chasing, a warrior will not use 3+5 of his GS if he’s dazed, and in the meantime you can use a classic sword 3-3-2-F1 combo on him blinking near the enemy, it will not do a lot of damage but if he’s running away that means he is at low life.
I cant understand why you say i lack damage, i do the same as a clasic PU, but with perplexity i stack a ton of confusion= better damage than PU.
PS: i traied rampager amulet in pvp, dont like it.
Answered your questions?

in Mesmer

Mystogan.4157

Thanks god someone using PU that not got the signet heal.. For real, I think the healing signet sucks even if you have 3 illusions up. If someone burst on you, you will have to get out and wait until your life come back. How long?
Good Build by the way.

Heal sig has high base healing not to mention phanta cd on the active. With 3 illusions and no healing power u gain like 900 per 3. What do youget with others? 2 sec reflection? The only thing compareable is ether feast but u must have illus up to supass sig of ether. Both are viable

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

Good Build by the way.

Heal sig has high base healing not to mention phanta cd on the active. With 3 illusions and no healing power u gain like 900 per 3. What do youget with others? 2 sec reflection? The only thing compareable is ether feast but u must have illus up to supass sig of ether. Both are viable

Yep dude, but tell me someone who can keep 3 illusion all the time. lol
Not talking about perfect situations but real ones, not saying also his choice is the best, but I like people who try to change what everyone else think is the best or not;

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

in Mesmer

Mystogan.4157

i have 3 clones 90% of the time. if they try to kill them then they die from confusion and bleeds. either way i win. i said both are viable. but yea thats saying ones “best” right?

in Mesmer

Mijo.3274

i have 3 clones 90% of the time. if they try to kill them then they die from confusion and bleeds. either way i win. i said both are viable. but yea thats saying ones “best” right?

Hi Mystogan!
The reason why i choose Mantra here is that Anet changed the position of the 2 mantra grandmaster traits between Domination and Dueling, making the heal choice almost a must for the kind of build i use, 3 instant heals eith 6 condtion removed is borderline OP in almost every situation, and this with only 8 seconds to recast the mantra.
As for keeping 3 clones up, that’s easy in 1v1 situations, but in group fights is really hard, and most of all the signet suck if you have mender’s purity picked as trait

in Mesmer

Mijo.3274

A lot of people is whispering me asking suggestions, wow that’s an honour!!! ^^

Even if after the patch i’m using more my first love, my elementalist, and trying to get my champion magus title (109 wins now…) i still managed to mess around in wvw with my mesmer this week end doing some solo roaming, and i tried the build in one incredibly long big fight (30/40 vs 20/30) defending the Bay in the lord room at our BL.

Well i gotta admit this build really look invincible, i owned thief + engie really easily even if i was attacked from behind, and the cool fact is that i’m not even fully geared for my build (i have 5 golds, poor asura :| ) and i’m using some kittenty runes, kittenty food and have only 1 sigil on the staff…

Here is the build that i’m goin to use once i have enough money:
The Invincible Mesmer

Some tips
- i find this build really tanky, the mantra heal is awesome, so i could switch some of my equipment for Rampager stats (amulet and some armor pieces probably) to pump the dmg a little
- probably the scepter is better, but i love the sword skills, and sometime i need a good immobilize or invulnerability
- a lot of people think that you cant go out in the wild without traveller runes, but as for me, i never had the money to buy that set, so i manged to learn how to escape and chase people without a speed buff, it’s a matter of taste what rune set to choose.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

Why go so defensieve ?

Here’s a link to my build. Its important that you read how the skills are rotated.

Hopefully you’ll see why PU is totally NOT needed for mesmer.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/SPVP-Max-Hybrid-Build-no-PU/first#post3850094

Try it out in spvp, if you got the rotation in your fingers. You’ll be really surprised how hard it is for multiple folks to damage you while pumping out a lot of pressure.

PU is trait that is usefull IF the enemy can hit you.

in Mesmer

Mijo.3274

Why go so defensieve ?

Here’s a link to my build. Its important that you read how the skills are rotated.

Hopefully you’ll see why PU is totally NOT needed for mesmer.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/SPVP-Max-Hybrid-Build-no-PU/first#post3850094

Try it out in spvp, if you got the rotation in your fingers. You’ll be really surprised how hard it is for multiple folks to damage you while pumping out a lot of pressure.

PU is trait that is usefull IF the enemy can hit you.

Hi Void!
1) the build i posted is not for tpvp, PU suck in a cap point mode. I use the Invincible mesmer build in wvw
2) i go defensive because i search outnumbered fights. The best moment i had on my mesmer was winning a 1v4, slowly killing all of them, stomping one after another, and keeping my life low for all the match to give them the idea of almost had me down, while in fact i had my elite and heal ready all of the time. This kind of things are impossible with a zerk build in the current condibunker meta.
3) As for your build, sorry but i dont get why you choose that amulet, i personally dont like it at all in pvp, you have a lot of precision for what? just for a minor trait that stack bleeds? The rest of the build is cool, i can see that you’re a guy that think outside the box ^^