[PvP-ish] A Big Problem Of Desperate Decoy

in Mesmer

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

It rupts you. It’s a good trait, the best of dueling adept traits for a usual shatter build, actually. But it rupts you. You want to heal asap, when you feel like melting? Too bad, you get to 50% hp – heal’s rupted. You want to finish someone right here, right now? You’re stomping someone, stomping, stomping, nearly… Ouch, too bad, you’re rupted by your own trait. Hey, downed teammate, say thanks to this trait, cuz you ain’t getting rally today.
I’m okay with the standard decoy rupting skills even if it feels clunky. But can we have an instant decoy for a trait, please? I want to struggle against other players, not against my own build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Personally,
Even in a shatter build I’d take Phantasmal Fury, they usually get the first attack off and that’ll do more for your burst damage in a Burst Damage Focused Build.

I’ve never felt a need to use Desperate Decoy since launch and I don’t feel like I’m missing much.
I’m honestly not a fan of any of the “At X% health, have this happen” traits on any class.

WITH THAT SAID,
I do agree that things shouldn’t interrupt you unless it’s something that you make the choice to cast. You shouldn’t just lose the skill you’re casting because situations outside of your control happened.

Dragonbrand

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

There’s already an active thread on the front page about this, was making your own really that necessary?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

There’s already an active thread on the front page about this, was making your own really that necessary?

There was no thread at the first page this morning. Is scrolling through 20 pages to create a thread necessary?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

There was no thread at the first page this morning. Is scrolling through 20 pages to create a thread necessary?

Your thread was created 5 hours ago. A post was made in the existing desperate decoy thread 9 hours ago. I guarantee you that it didn’t drop off the front page in 4 hours, you just didn’t see it.