Q: Assassin's build when no +75 Inf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

EDIT: Changed the subject — please answer question in last post, thank you:

So, what do you do when you can’t get +75 Precision via Infusions? Do you compensate it by using the Assassin’s build or buying specific Assassin’s trinkets?

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

What type of content do you want to do with your mesmer?

in Mesmer

Ashantara.8731

What type of content do you want to do with your mesmer?

The less limitations, the better. It would be sweet if there was a build that allowed for Fracs and Raids alike (even if it was a little less efficient for one of them).

in Mesmer

Ashantara.8731

Anyone? Pwetty please?

This is the Mesmer forum, and there are so many people on here. Someone must be able to help me, no? What is the most common current Mesmer build in terms of group support and decent damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

What is the most common current Mesmer build in terms of group support

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Tank/Support_Sword/x

decent damage?

Chose a different class.

in Mesmer

Ashantara.8731

What is the most common current Mesmer build in terms of group support

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Tank/Support_Sword/x

Ahh, “Last modified 1 day ago”. Sweet. When I started this thread, the build hadn’t been modified in ages. Thx.

Would you go for the main build or one of the listed modifications?

in Mesmer

Ashantara.8731

UPDATED QUESTION:

People wrote that the Mesmer is not suited for good damage, hence is better put into a support role (with boons etc.).

Now, about a year ago, someone sent me this damage build for a Mesmer:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAsc8encfCFoh9fCmfCEgiFVjCtLSjsrOZn2qlMAGhiD-TBSBABmpE8hTCwVK/KU/goq/gnGi/3fAgnAQAgDg1j6BgUA5J0C-e
… and now I am wondering why you said that Mesmers aren’t capable damage dealers. What am I missing here?

Again, thanks in advance for any helpful reply.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Balian.5314

Balian.5314

I believe it boils town to personal preference and team comp with regards to Mesmer in FOTM, Dungeon and raids.

When people say ‘mesmers aren’t capable damage dealers’ they simply meant that the personal dmg output of a mes is lower vs other classes.

Mesmers can however, support their teammates by increasing the overall dmg output of the group via quickness and alacrity.

Stacking mesmers in a group will lower the groups dmg output, just 1 Mesmer per group will do. Especially for FOTM and raids. Mobs in dungeons have lower hp/armor so you are better off with a class that does better personal dmg (like ele and thieves especially).

Mesmers have the lowest personal dmg output out of all the other classes imo.

Here’s the DPS benchmark;
http://qtfy.eu/benchmarks/

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

So mesmer’s damage sucks because most of it comes from our illusions, but none of our %dmg modifiers affect them (not that we have that many to begin with). Plus, most of our survival and utility, at least on core mesmer who doesn’t have shield, is tied up in shatters, which then removes nearly all of our damage. Its just a design that hasn’t kept up with the direction the game has gone. Add on to that just low damage and low coefficients on our personal skills and its a recipe for low DPS. Condi mesmer is the exception, but it really only works well in a few niche scenarios.

Now onto that build specifically. Most of its damage comes from generating alacrity and quickness for other members in your party, which increases their damage substantially. In order to achieve the best alacrity uptime though, you will need to keep out 3 illusionary avengers, which means you can’t be using iSwordsman, who is, I believe, the hardest hitting phantasm we have. It also means you should try to not use Riposte too much, as it will generate a useless clone.

For the traits, switch master of fragmentation for ineptitude. If you are playing solo, also switch blurred inscriptions for Furious interruptions to generate more self quickness, and you should then use 3 iSwordsman phantasms.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Mesmer lacks a true Damage dealer build atm. Condi Mesmer has a niche role in 2 or 3 encounters that have overburdening mechanics (phantasms keep doing work while you manage the mechanics.) It is subpar in most situations.
Chronomancer is the top support class. Quickness and boonspam , Alacrity, Distortion, and splash healing make them a first choice for any raid. They also have plenty of personal damage avoidance that allow them to tank when a tank is needed.
Support(non-tank) is a good place to start/learn. Quickness and Alacrity uptime can be easily maintained with the Dom/Inspirations rotation while still learning mechanics. The build isn’t very expensive but requires a “difficult” to acquire rune set and an expensive sigil. The utility for it can be expensive and there is no cheap alternative atm. It uses Zerker stats other then commanders legs. 3 knights jeweler slots convert it into a medium duty tank.
There is also a minstrel build that is a heavy tank and provides more heals/boons. I recommend becoming comfortable with support mesmer and raids in general before making this build.

in Mesmer

Ashantara.8731

Many thanks to the last three replies (and for your tips, OriOri).

Okay, so since I am not going to make my Mesmer a character I play too often, hence want only one set of ascended equipment for him, I will use this support build over that previous assassin dmg build. Or should I replace all the Commander’s trinkets with Berserker’s as suggested in this build? (I don’t have the required infusions for +75 Precision yet, and honestly don’t want to waste my Fractal Relics on them… so should I go Assassin’s or Berserker’s or Commander’s?)

P.S: Maybe you can give me tips for solo-playing those as well, OriOri?

in Mesmer

Ballads.2509

in Mesmer

Ashantara.8731

Ah, so you recommend the Berserker build, too.

Well, I was just wondering if the Assassin’s build makes more sense since I don’t have the means to get 15 Precision Infusions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

If you play WvW, better go with dire condi build.

in Mesmer

Ashantara.8731

So, what do you do when you can’t get +75 Precision via Infusions? Do you compensate it by using the Assassin’s build or buying specific Assassin’s trinkets?

in Mesmer

Ashantara.8731

Anyone, please?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

75 precision is 3.57 crit chance. Who cares? It shouldn’t affect your gearing choices in the slightest.

in Mesmer

Ballads.2509

Ah, so you recommend the Berserker build, too.

Well, I was just wondering if the Assassin’s build makes more sense since I don’t have the means to get 15 Precision Infusions?

I don’t think an Assassin build makes sense at all. Most classes go for 100% crit, but Mesmer’s usually take two + pieces with boon duration instead of ferocity as third stat.
So, you would use Power infusions if/when you get them.
Also
The answer is there on Qt’s site.Variations tab + stat infusions – Mesmer is the only power class in the current meta that loses DPS by going for 100% crit chance. This is due to having to use both commander’s leggings and an exotic back piece. The loss of ferocity is great enough to make power more effective than precision.

in Mesmer

Ashantara.8731

Ballads, thank so, so much for answering my question and giving such a detailed explanation! Had given up hope that someone would reply.

in Mesmer

Posted by: expandas.7051

expandas.7051

At least in the current meta, the only situation where you’d probably want an Assassin’s set to maximize your critical hit chance is for one of those glassy roaming shatter builds. The reason is if you’re trying to squeeze a large amount of burst damage into a short interval of time the damage you give up by maximizing crit outweighs the devastating damage loss of not landing a crit in that burst.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

UPDATED QUESTION:

People wrote that the Mesmer is not suited for good damage, hence is better put into a support role (with boons etc.).

Now, about a year ago, someone sent me this damage build for a Mesmer:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAsc8encfCFoh9fCmfCEgiFVjCtLSjsrOZn2qlMAGhiD-TBSBABmpE8hTCwVK/KU/goq/gnGi/3fAgnAQAgDg1j6BgUA5J0C-e
… and now I am wondering why you said that Mesmers aren’t capable damage dealers. What am I missing here?

Again, thanks in advance for any helpful reply.

What you are missing here is the boon duration. This build provides optimal dmg for mesmer but boonshare without boon duration is useless. Oh and chronomancer runes are useless atm cause of SoI nerf.