(Q) spvp, mesmer, and bad ping

in Mesmer

Posted by: Joseph.4105

Joseph.4105

hello im considering learning mesmer as my main alt but i usually play with 300+ ping since im a australian but im wondering how hard is playing mesmer in spvp with high ping from what iv seen mesmer and chronomancer seem to be a reaction class and hence needing good ping in spvp so do you think its a viable class choice for me thanks in advance for the replies

in Mesmer

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Try blink out. See if it works okay or not. You might need to go PU.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I think you could get away with playing bunker chrono with high ping.

Just avoid full glass, greatsword power interrupt/shatter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

Wells are a pain to cast with high ping. You may want to focus on quicknes to help you with that (seize the moment).
Alternativeky, I think a heavy class could be much more forgiving

in Mesmer

Posted by: CruleD.7380

CruleD.7380

Don’t play Mesmer, especially with high ping.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Got to admit some classes are a pain to play with ping issues.

I’m generally ok with thief or Mesmer until you get up against another very fast attacking zerker class. Needless to say teleporting trapper DH, thieves, mesmers and possibly revenants would not be fun for you to fight as a glass cannon shatter mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shinja.5642

Shinja.5642

Don’t play Mesmer, especially with high ping.

+1
Mesmer with high ping is the worst. Don’t do this to yourself or to your teammates. play something like Warri or Guard.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Definitely would be tough or near impossible to enjoy with bad ping on a glassy Mesmer, but a Bunker Mesmer should do as well as just about any other class. Although a fairly large part of your ability to bunker does rely a lot more on actives, with 300ms ping you shouldn’t have too many issues triggering those once you get your timing down. (And learn to anticipate when to activate them.)

You’d be mainly in a team role though with fairly low killing power yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Joseph.4105

Joseph.4105

thanks for all the replies i might try a ranger out since thay seem easier with high ping

in Mesmer

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

Its hard to pull off, but not impossible.

Not something I’d recommend if you are starting to get into pvp though, with 300+ ping its more a game of prediction and reads, since you cant really rely on reactions as much.

When you get to higher skill levels you are going to be at a pretty severe disadvantage, but its going to be that way on any class unfortunately.

25/90 never forget.

(edited by clipnotdone.9634)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

hello im considering learning mesmer as my main alt but i usually play with 300+ ping since im a australian but im wondering how hard is playing mesmer in spvp with high ping from what iv seen mesmer and chronomancer seem to be a reaction class and hence needing good ping in spvp so do you think its a viable class choice for me thanks in advance for the replies

Guys, you’re missing the underlying issue to all of this guys problems.

He’s Australian.

Signed
~ a Kiwi

in Mesmer

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

Guys, you’re missing the underlying issue to all of this guys problems.

He’s Australian.

Signed
~ a Kiwi

Well thats just mean spirited.

something something batting collapse

25/90 never forget.