QOL changes for veil

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

Veil used to be like Shadow Refuge early on,as seen under Veil in: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/mesmer/#close
they changed it to how it is now
so,i highly doubt we’ll see it go back to how it was,there was obviously a reason,even if they don’t ever tell us why mesmer and thief can’t have this one similar skill

(edited by Alpha.1308)

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

maybe veil can do something else other than stealth. Like make it a light combo as advertised and maybe cleanse 1 condition as you run through it with a 3s ICD. Just my take on the skill.
I think we mesmers don’t need more stealth. We need more condi- cleansing without specced heavily for it.

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Having yet another cleanse on a utility skill with high CD won’t change anything. There are already too much utility skills we had to take (stunbreaks, cleanses, something to make us worthwhile in tPvP like Portal/IoL).

What we need are more inherent cleanses like traits (eg: Cleanse a condition every time you create a clone, 7s ICD) or even weapon skills (cleanse on sword mainhand – combined with the ability to pop in and out of combat – is what makes thief good atm).

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: hardloop von edgehoven.8512

hardloop von edgehoven.8512

a half circle instead of wall would be nice too (all walls should have half circle form tbh)

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’d prefer to change Veil entirely, partially because I prefer if we get more “trickery” instead of simple stealth.

Veil
1,25s cast – kitten CD
Creates a wall of energy at the targeted location. While see-through, mutual enemies on opposite sides of the wall cannot see or interact with each other with targeted abilities. Crossing the wall blinds enemies, briefly stealthes allies and makes the recipient ignore the passive effect of any Veil for 10 seconds.
Lasts 8 seconds.
Blindness: 2s.
Stealth: 1s.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i would like them to buff MI first, then change or do something to veil.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

Unfortunately, lowering the CD on Veil, while it could use it, would make it OP for ZvZ. And I don’t want to see that function go away; it’s really cool. What it really needs is a slight duration increase and a negative effect for enemies that pass through. I agree blind is a good pick, so is confusion, maybe even both.

That would give us the bonus it needs to be viable over say, Decoy, while roaming/small group, but not make it OP for ZvZ since you’d generally have to choose whether to stealth allies before engaging or put it over the enemies and making it less useful as a group stealth.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Iavra.8510

I agree blind is a good pick, so is confusion, maybe even both.

Temporal Curtain gives swiftness and cripple. So how about Veil actually giving Revealed to enemies.

/edit: It should be a meaningful duration, like 10s non-stackable.

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

That stuff also features oneshotting chaos storm and oneshotting instant winds of chaos. Mesmer we lost that day :<

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

That stuff also features oneshotting chaos storm and oneshotting instant winds of chaos. Mesmer we lost that day :<

Rabbits still die with wind of chaos, its not a loss.

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

I doubt we have sons of svanir that changed their spirit from old J to rabbit. Also instant travel winds of chaos. Gimme that back. Anet pls stop why are you teasing us with things that aren’t true.

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

Were rabbits. We also have vulnerability that is better than an istant cast.

Seriously, I like the carighan’s suggestion. Id also like a curtain that create a shattered glass/screen on the enemy monitor or something that hide the GUI (like screen mode?).
As for veil, when i run PU i dont take it for the long cd and because i need that slot for arcane thievery or null field if i run pistol. A condition cleanse effect when you go through it could solve my problem.

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I think they want to avoid giving mesmers to much stealth being that we can summon phants and not break stealth and I’m pretty sure that is somewhat intended.

But I agree the skill needs love 90 seconds for 2-3 stealth is pretty bad for any solo use, yes you can cloak a Zerg for 2 seconds which is extremely powerful but we have stealth traps as a counter not to mention an obvious indication that a Zerg exists and is coming.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Iavra.8510

We also have vulnerability that is better than an istant cast.

Condi mesmers would like to differ…

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

Were rabbits. We also have vulnerability that is better than an istant cast.

I hope you are joking. Of course it’s not. Instant travelling winds of chaos is, like, ten thousands time better than one random stack of vulnerability. Even 33% faster would be godsend. It’s just silly when someone can straight outrun your projectile with swiftness.

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

That’s not Winds of Chaos, that’s Chaos Strike. I think Winds of Chaos was like a #2 skill before it was changed to auto attack.

Basically, Chaos strike damaged and gave Burn/Vuln/Bleed like WoC but was not a projectile and I don’t think it gave boons.
But who cares, I was more interested in that stranger Phase Retreat.

On topic, I feel very pressured to take Veil, and sometimes I play on my Guardian just so I’m not locked on certain utilities… ahem (Portal, Null Field, Veil)…..

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

(edited by LumAnth.5124)

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

We also have vulnerability that is better than an istant cast.

Condi mesmers would like to differ…

I thought they were a myth? edit n2: this is also a joke.

Giving mesmers more seconds of stealth also increase PU usefulness, and its already a strong trait.
I somewhat like the fact that you need to go through veil twice to gain full effect when solo, and a condition cleanse while doing it could be nice.

Edit n1: really cant believe you guys took that phrase seriously. Were rabbits and that phrase on the same line, come on.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Unfortunately, lowering the CD on Veil, while it could use it, would make it bearable for other uses than ZvZ, and hence should be done while removing the targetlimit-less effect.

FTFY

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

Nah, I like how we can chain it to stealth the zerg. One of the few zerg skills I find fun while running with mumble in a multi-guild zerg/alliance.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

I agree blind is a good pick, so is confusion, maybe even both.

Temporal Curtain gives swiftness and cripple. So how about Veil actually giving Revealed to enemies.

/edit: It should be a meaningful duration, like 10s non-stackable.

Love your idea. It fits well with the “good for us, bad for them” theme mesmers have on most skills.
Anet, make it happen.

Mind you, this change would make Veil the first skill ever, unprecedented in GW2 that can be used to break stealth. As it is, stealth is unbreakable unless the enemies attack and break out of it themselves.

QOL changes for veil

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dess.4391

Dess.4391

Even when giving “revealed” can be very usefull in some places (mostly chocking points), the thief has be a serious idiot to cross a veil during a small fight in the open. But well i once casted a temporal curtain on a 1m tall bridge and crippled a whole zerg, it wasnt that hard to just jump down to avoid it but no1 did. Would had been more fun if i was a necro and feared them all now that i think of it

Idk id like it more if veil had better solo usefullness than still make us zerg utility tools.