[Question] Runes of Speed / Traveler's

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eremoo.2785

Eremoo.2785

Hello, I recently changed to Runes of speed (Im not rich) for the movement bonus (25%), and I did notice a slight increase. But after running on my elementalist with the signet that grants 25% movement speed, I noticed that the difference between 25% and swiftness was not alot. After doing the same test on my mesmer, I could notice a big difference between “25%” and swiftness.

My question is, is the announced speed bonus from the runes, actually alot less? Also in combat, it didn’t seem to do anything.

While I’m on the subject, I’ve only been playing mesmer for 3 weeks to a month, but the lack of speed / mobility and condition cleansing is very anoying..I know we have condition cleansing, but atleast in my build, I can’t afford to loose the other utility’s (WvW)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

The 6th bonus is bugged on those runes at the moment. You won’t get the 25% bonus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You just gotta build for speed.

http://youtu.be/tffTmVN-zG0

For both chase and escape,
-cripples
-high condi duration
-temporal curtain
-into the void
-high swiftness/boon duration
-long range blink
-lowered cd blink
-Illusionary swap (sword 2)
-Arcane thievery for swiftness denial/gain

Mobility is arguably the single most important thing in the game. So your builds should start first and foremost with it.

I suppose that makes mobility denial the second most important thing.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Speed runes are bugged, yes. They provide 5% speed, not 25%. They are supposed to be fixed with the next big patch but we’ll see. They have been broken for a month now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: blutstein.2468

blutstein.2468

The 6th bonus is bugged on those runes at the moment. You won’t get the 25% bonus.

the 25% runspeed bonus on the traveler runeset works fine.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

Sorry, Just a question on the travelers runes.
I tried on gw2 wiki but didn’t say how these runes can be found. You get them from TP but the prices is outrageous… can they be created or are they from rare drops?

Thanks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Sorry, Just a question on the travelers runes.
I tried on gw2 wiki but didn’t say how these runes can be found. You get them from TP but the prices is outrageous… can they be created or are they from rare drops?

Thanks

They’re rare drops.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

the 25% runspeed bonus on the traveler runeset works fine.

I was not talking about Travelers. Sorry, if my post was misleading.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

I liked the way the old runes of speed were. +25% with swiftness duration and swiftness proc doesn’t make any sense. +5% stacking speed does.

in Mesmer

Posted by: blutstein.2468

blutstein.2468

I liked the way the old runes of speed were. +25% with swiftness duration and swiftness proc doesn’t make any sense. +5% stacking speed does.

25% runspeed opens up many possibilies on many professions. 5% stacking speed does not.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Mesmer

Eremoo.2785

-cripples
-high condi duration
-temporal curtain
-into the void
-long range blink
-lowered cd blink

Mobility is arguably the single most important thing in the game. So your builds should start first and foremost with it.

yes but I do a stealth condition build (PU) because I don’t always run in a group, infact most of my time in WvW im scouting / hiding in bases, so I have to run with a torch..these runes were suppose to cover my speed problem.

Also is it true the trait that grants clones on dodging is getting reworked? I sure hope not, it’s the core of most builds :d

(edited by Eremoo.2785)

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

-cripples
-high condi duration
-temporal curtain
-into the void
-long range blink
-lowered cd blink

yes but I do a stealth condition build (PU) because I don’t always run in a group, infact most of my time in WvW im scouting / hiding in bases, so I have to run with a torch..these runes were suppose to cover my speed problem.

Also is it true the trait that grants clones on dodging is getting reworked? I sure hope not, it’s the core of most builds :d

You’d have to ask an Anet class balance dev.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Great its going to be another nerf – i expect 10 second cool down at the very least. Maybe make it so that the clones NEVER attack your target. Get stuck in terrain, dont know their own range…

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Great its going to be another nerf – i expect 10 second cool down at the very least. Maybe make it so that the clones NEVER attack your target. Get stuck in terrain, dont know their own range…

Are you just guessing?

Where is the link?

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

-cripples
-high condi duration
-temporal curtain
-into the void
-long range blink
-lowered cd blink

Same here, dont’cha love it when people in effect just say… “CHANGE YOUR WHOLE BUILD AND BAM…EASY FIX!!”

Everyone I have consulted that has either great knowledge of the class or high skill as a mesmer with a PU build, they all swap focus in and out while soloing in WvW.

While running in a small group, it is even less of an issue as someone usually drops some speed.

If you run solo however, I would take blink over some of the other common used utilities in the build. You can do with one less stealth option.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Are you just guessing?

Where is the link?

I am going by how Anet “balance” everything else. When it comes to Mesmers. Nerf, Nerf, Nerf.

in Mesmer

Eremoo.2785

-cripples
-high condi duration
-temporal curtain
-into the void
-long range blink
-lowered cd blink

Same here, dont’cha love it when people in effect just say… “CHANGE YOUR WHOLE BUILD AND BAM…EASY FIX!!”

Everyone I have consulted that has either great knowledge of the class or high skill as a mesmer with a PU build, they all swap focus in and out while soloing in WvW.

While running in a small group, it is even less of an issue as someone usually drops some speed.

If you run solo however, I would take blink over some of the other common used utilities in the build. You can do with one less stealth option.

I do swap to focus while out of combat, but I run alone alot (like I said i run around enemy bases alot), so by then I can’t swap to focus or I’m locked out of torch. I just wish there was an accessible trait available to take for speed

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

-cripples
-high condi duration
-temporal curtain
-into the void
-long range blink
-lowered cd blink

I run PU. Solo, havok, zerg. So no, I’m not saying change your whole build. Simply that mobility is the single most important thing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

I will say that I myself finally made the permanent switch to Traveler runes and I am now in love with them. The mobility you gain is phenomenal not just for getting around in WvW but also for pursuing and escaping enemies. I used to not be able to catch anyone who ran away but now only warriors can escape, not to mention if someone calls in back up while I am fighting them I simply Mass invis and run away. Running this with blink and the Staff make my in combat mobility ridiculously high.
I did loose some damage from changing runes of course (Was using Scavenging before) but the boost makes up for it so much and I was able to incorporate both the % buffs into my build. Sitting at 45% boon duration and 70% Condition with Rare veggie pizza, both solid numbers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I am just waiting for rune of speed to be fixed. They even said they will improve it.