Question to devs: Twilight

in Mesmer

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Will the attack skins be remodeled soon? Twilight becomes quite unspectacular compared to classes swingig the sword. Can’t you change the ray to something special?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Maybe a black laser o.o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Derond.7930

Derond.7930

Maybe a black laser o.o

That would be great And maybe Skill 5 in black 0.o

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

well at least skill 2 throws the twilight and not the vision of the myst
I used vision of the myst for that reason before crafting twilight XD

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

this is a problem I have too, cant show off neither Sunrise nor Twilight because we got no swinging nor swirling, basically it is the old laser which even covers the blade, imagine if the izerker also had either sword…

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I think it looks awesome already, because of #2 and #3. :O

I always figured that the reason it’s not as visible in #1 is to make up for how awesome it looks with #2 and all the clones wielding it.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

i like it all ready and don’t have a problem with it but a black beam with purple lightning (well lightning esque best way to describe it!) would be brilliant, i think it needs purple somewhere so it can A) be identified and match our awesome colours.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

well arent they coming out with new legendaries soon? how about a legendary purple gs… i didnt go for sunrise because i wasnt impressed how it looks on mesmers.

and please a new scepter…i find the current one just awful…o.0

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I personally think unless you are a norn or Charr all the greatswords look silly on Meswmers – they are just to big and look kinda silly :/

in Mesmer

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

I personally think unless you are a norn or Charr all the greatswords look silly on Meswmers – they are just to big and look kinda silly :/

You’ve obviously never seen my asura mesmer wield twilight

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Mesmer

Posted by: Synkru.7984

Synkru.7984

I would like to see a dark phantasm version when wielding a twilight sword, kind a like Liadri’s clones. Oh that would be awesome!

in Mesmer

EthanLightheart.9168

Is this actually too secret to answer?…

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I would like to see a dark phantasm version when wielding a twilight sword, kind a like Liadri’s clones. Oh that would be awesome!

That would be SICK
Maybe make it so all the purple effects are all Black as well with the butterflies and such as well

in Mesmer

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Well, it helps that Charr have some the best animations in the games when it comes to weapons.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Is this actually too secret to answer?…

If you are waiting for an official answer: Won’t happen, trust me. They don’t care.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I hope they do something to make quip be more showy… WTB iDuelist that uses the Quips…. Or even better Mainhand pistol…

More on topic, I’d LOVE to see Twighlight and Sunrise beams become the same color as the trail.

And for our phantasms to use our legendaries

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

The whole beam change won’t be happening and only because of one thing: the other classes. They will whine all day for not getting anything fancy out of their weapon (although their swinging animations are fancy they still will).
Not saying I wouldn’t want to see animations changed. I’m just guessing because we all know how people are especially if it is guardians or warrior. They want to be the center of attention and if they can’t because twily/sunrie look better on mesmer.
If they do this they most likely will change effects on other classes as well maybe guardian’s fire being yellow/dark and warrior’s…yeah warrior what? Maybe ranger’s pet although that would be silly.

(edited by cloudysan.4397)

in Mesmer

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

Did something change since this video was made? It looks pretty awesome to me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IL96RhYohqI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIL96RhYohqI

in Mesmer

EthanLightheart.9168

No,s till the same.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

I don’t get the issue either. Considering we have that greatsword run around 4 times (beat that, lesser classes!), I really don’t see why everyone wants even more graphics snazz. We’re already g etting so much compared to other classes between #2 and clones.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

After seeing that video I think Twighlight is fine, what needs some love though are our off hands… Wtb phantasms using our legendary…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elwood.8347

Elwood.8347

I am pretty sure Twilight and Sunrise just look awesome in general. Those effects on our 2 and 3 are priceless. Sure, we don’t get a swing, but we move a lot anyway, so instead of the same pattern attack, we can get more interesting trails. I cannot wait to actually get Twilight in my hands. And Bifrost. >.> Both are epic.

[Eredon Terrace] – Phantom of [Lord]
Rei Izumo – Mesmer, Tailor, Artificer, Gemcrafter, Chef, Noble, Magister

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

After seeing that video I think Twighlight is fine, what needs some love though are our off hands… Wtb phantasms using our legendary…

I feel bad for any Mesmer I see with The Minstrel. Not only is it not overly impressive, but the fact that clones don’t use off-hands means thakittens special graphics negate any diversion the Mesmer’s clones may have offered.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Yeah, Minstrel is a much larger issue. Meteorologicus OTOH is really good because it’s so large and sparkly, people don’t notice who has an offhand and who doesn’t

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Yeah, Minstrel is a much larger issue. Meteorologicus OTOH is really good because it’s so large and sparkly, people don’t notice who has an offhand and who doesn’t

Except that it’s a scepter. Blah.