Questions about Mimic.

Questions about Mimic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

So I think I get pretty much what happens when you use the ability. You start the channel but nothing happens until a projectile hits you, which does in fact hit you and deal damage and whaveter else the projectile does, from that point on, you reflect and block anything else during the channel. Now for my questions.

1. Is the secondary ability affected by the damage of the ability absorbed?

2. Is the secondary ability affected by any of the secondary effects that the first projectile may have had? Like a condition or perhaps a stun or knockback?

3. If I happen to activate distortion can I absorb a hit while distortion is active or does the projectile have to actually hit me?

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

Questions about Mimic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

1. I assume it works like a manual return of a reflect, so the attack would still be based on their stats.
2. It should be the exact same attack. so if they shoot a poison arrow at you, you return a posion arrow.
3. I dont know, would be nice to know

Questions about Mimic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

1. Is the secondary ability affected by the damage of the ability absorbed?

The 2nd ability u mean is ur reflect? The reflect damage after u “Stored” a Projectile is depend on ur stat. U will use that skill “Base damage” and amplify it with ur stat. Like Power, prec, crit damage and yes. Ur reflect can crit. I tried this with my Gears and naked. The damage is diff coz power loss.

2. Is the secondary ability affected by any of the secondary effects that the first projectile may have had? Like a condition or perhaps a stun or knockback?

U will need a projectile to “Charge” the mimic. When The mimic is “Charged” ur Mimic icon will turn into “Echo” and u will block all melee atk and reflect all projectiles. When Echo Icon is on u are invincible until the mimic duration worn off.

3. If I happen to activate distortion can I absorb a hit while distortion is active or does the projectile have to actually hit me?

Haven’t try this but i think Mimic will wait until ur Distortion run out

And some fun fact.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mimic

“After a projectile has been absorbed, the remaining duration will reflect all projectiles and block all other attacks. "

And some fun fact about mimic. U can trigger the “Block” with ur own “Buff” projectile or “ally Buff” Projectile. For example GS mesmer has Mirror Blade. The Blade will hit the target and then bounce back to Mesmer. Before the bounce arrives press Mimic and the Mimic “Stored” that projectile resulting block all Melee atk and reflect enemy projectile. ANother example with Guardian Staff #2. The Moving heal Orb. If that Orb passes the Mesmer while channeling the Mimic. The Orb is stored too.

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

Questions about Mimic.

in Mesmer

Coldviper.6794

When I say second ability I am referring to Echo.

Questions about Mimic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

1. Seems to use your own stats, but tbc. At least it has an independant critical roll (can critic when caught projectile didn’t).

2. You get alls econdary effects. Yes, you can create clones if you catch a scepter attack from another mesmer

3. Invincibility doesn’t block friendly projectiles, so at least you can catch things like wind of chaos bounce while distorting. Couldn’t test it on ennemy pojectile yet, or with an aegis up. Glad custom arena’s are coming, it’ll help science a lot

Questions about Mimic.

in Mesmer

Coldviper.6794

Interesting, I completely forgot about friendly projectiles. So I could maybe potentially catch my own mirrow blade. Curious if that’ll create a clone as it’s technically not the first hit I’m absorbing.

Questions about Mimic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: thetarot.8246

thetarot.8246

I can confirm it uses your own stats. Catching a killshot (and living) in berserker and returning the favor will hit hard, Catching a killshot and being a bunker spec’d mesmer will do much less damage on Echo.

Most secondary effects will transfer (except from other class specific traits), Some dual effect weapon skills such as Black Powder won’t create the blindness field as well.

Note that you’ll need to have Stability to make Mimic into Echo for some abilities. Crowd Control projectile attacks will interrupt you, and it won’t be considered ’caught". (Using Mimic on ice worms that throw knockdown boulders can only be achieved through stability for example)

You will only be able to catch friendly projectiles while invulnerable.

Questions about Mimic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Hmm, I didn’t realise Echo used your stats.