Questions from patch notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m stuck at work, so it would be great if someone could look at these things in game.

- Does Mental Defense now have a different cooldown than Phantasmal Defender?
- Does Mental Defense cooldown get reduced by 20% by Ilusionists Celerity trait in Illusions?
- Does Mental Defense cooldown get reduced by Persistence of Memory?

Thx!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Hi,

- Yes.
- Certainly.
- Absolutely.

greez!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

it is quite huge… it can be 9 second loss in a minute …

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Thanks for the quick answers.

I guess I’ll need to get a feel for how for how the timing changes. It seems like these aren’t big enough changes for me to totally give up my current build, but they all make it a little worse.

From a psychological point of view, Anet would be best off in their next balance update to try to package together some benefits with some nerfs. Humans are very “loss averse”, so seeing only loses will always make people unhappy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

^ Anet has never grasped that concept.

Same for the meaning of the word “tweak”, as that kinda implies amounts less than 100% , 50%, or even 33%. They prefer shaves, and thus we have the unbalanced pile of dung that we now have for a game, and are left with 75% useless junk on most professions and ZERO build diversity.

GG ANET!

You have to wonder if anyone in management is awake to allow this esports thing to ruin their game.