in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Fixing the thread.

RESTO MESMER BUILD (Heal/Bunk is back!)

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

OP iknow you not mesmer (main ranger i think from you stream) but to shut others and me just put group play (unranked atm) so we can see
i tried to work it up again (several times for 1 year with mantra testing) and failed
yes i got nice healing numbers as support but fighting against those power creep sustain classes didnt bring much to the fighting table
i didnt manage to hold 1v2 (and group enemy saw me as support and send always necro and thief/scraper/guard to take me out)

if its didnt meant to be 1v2 only 1v1 i can do this better with other builds and class

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I also love how OP is avoiding responding to my posts at all costs. It’s almost like he realizes that getting into a factual argument with me is a losing battle.

Anyway, let’s play a game, shall we? I’ll go through your posts, picking apart statements that are factually incorrect and correcting them. You can then explain how you want to reconcile reality with your version of things! I think it’ll be fun.

This build is very good because it has AMAZING healing and really stays alive vs all the condi pressure it once died too!

Amazing healing? I’ve analyzed this with hard math in a previous post. Using incredibly generous assumptions, your total hp/s value comes out to 1715. How do you expect to stay alive with just 1715 hp/s against high output classes like thief, scrapper, rev, and reaper?

Your a baddy…You cant hit Mantra and f1 at the same time…That requires skill….That is the effect of a player with only 6% brain power…

Ok, so once we get past the hilarious density of ad hominems in this paragraph, we actually arrive at a valid point of discussion: stability on shatter can protect charging the mantra.

Unfortunately, this isn’t nearly enough. First of all, stability against a reaper is just a free fear when corrupted, but they’re not the only ones capable of breaking it. A normal offensive scrapper rotation involved chain cc through various finishers and skills. Since you only get 1 stack of stability, a scrapper will hammer right through it.

There’s also pure dps pressure to consider. When you’re channeling a mantra, that’s all you’re doing. You’re not blocking, you’re not dodging. If you get a thief that autoattacks you for that 2.75s channel time, the damage they unload on you will absolutely dwarf the single hit of healing you get.

Get on my 11% lvl bro…And i will pump my chest all day…Those wings give me 1 more leg to stand on than somebody whos only output too gw2 is copy and paste meta builds…

The fact that you’ve got PvP wings means absolutely nothing past the inordinate amount of time you spent PvPing to get them. The leagues were a grinding test, not a skill test.

Same thing happen with the ranger builds I put out…People like you said the same thing…Guess what homie?…Those wings where earned on builds people said dont work…Same build that people dint try.,..Same builds that META builds dint have on their website…

As I said…you could hit legendary playing anything. People hit legendary just playing warrior. Is warrior good? No, it’s awful, but people that really wanted to play it could still get legendary through grinding enough. The fact that you achieved what you did with those builds says nothing about those builds, only that you played insane amounts of time with them.

Also we dint put this build out for you to say it doesnt work…It does work…This is why it is posted…The people that said doesnt work are the same people that dint try it…

If you post a build on a public forum and don’t expect to receive critiques…I’m not sure what to say outside of Welcome to the Internet!

I’ve posted many builds to these forums myself. The threads didn’t degenerate into juvenile name calling and ad hominems because I’m mature enough to listen and respond in an intelligent fashion to criticisms, both legitimate and illegitimate. What you’ve done here is exhibit A of how to get everyone on a forum to dislike you.

Listen, the forums is filled with warriors. We really don’t care what you or the rest of the forums has to say. We knew when we where posting this build we where gonna get a lot of hate.

If you didn’t care what all of us were saying, you wouldn’t be spending the time and effort typing up long paragraphs of prose to try and argue with us.

We knew when we where testing the build it was different than what the traditional Mesmer has been. Thais the idea…

Yes, a bunkery sustainy mesmer build. Groundbreaking in originality for sure…

We have tested this build for a long time to know its strength and weakness. You on the other hand remain a forums warrior and bash anything meta battle does not promoted.

Well, good thing that’s not an issue with me. If I cared to (I don’t) I could point you towards the multiple builds I’ve created and successfully advocated for in the past years, or my other contributions as a member of the mesmer community. You say that you have tested this build, but your actions in this thread and your demonstrations of the build have done nothing but demonstrate that we should be taking any statements of fact as having a very questionable source.

We released this build as a different way to play Mesmer. This build is not ment to take over the meta but it is here to give a fellow Mesmer another way to support his team other than regular shatter.

No, you released it while making extraordinary claims about how incredible it is in all situations, not as a mere alternative non-meta pick.

For all the people that have tried this INCLUDING myself approve of this build.

There’s at least 1 person in this thread who has tried it and said that it’s not good. Messiah is very good about actually going and playtesting things, and I respect his judgement on build viability.

You try to sit there and call us BAD because our 1vs1s looked bad. Yea i already said that in the video. I’m a crap Mesmer and for me to be able to jump on it and eat everything a DH put on me is great….If i where to practice that build for a week i could take it a lot further. Like Ariel has and will continue too.

You’re completely missing the point here. Yeah, your 1v1s weren’t stellar, and that makes us doubt the quality of the presentation we’re getting, but the big problem is that you’re trying to showcase what’s supposed to be a teamfight build in 1v1s. If I just want to 1v1, there’s many builds and classes that blow this one out of the water.

How is that possible [getting to legendary on a zerker ranger]?…Hmm…Maybe Guild Wars 2 has other working builds other than META?….NOOOOO WAY.

It’s possible because you played 7 hours a day the entire season (which is quite a feat, I might add), and the leagues were first and foremost a grinding test, not a skill test.

Welp, that was fun! I wonder if you’ll respond to this one, or try and hand-wave it away like the rest of the posts.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

This means nothing to me coming from a player who is theory battling in his head and not in the game.

If you have tryed the build that is one thing..;But being a warrior in your mind is another thing.

Everybody always wants to compare pro players on every build…But last season i used a zerker ranger to get to legendary…

It killed all the pro builds that the pros put out…

How is that possible?…Hmm…Maybe Guild Wars 2 has other working builds other than META?….NOOOOO WAY.

You’re so good at guessing you should never try the magician career. But I don’t mind to try this build during next week and show you why it is not good.

Btw, this META vs non META discussion is a bit ridiculous. There’s not a system to pair you with meta builds or non-meta ones, so trying to play sPvP (at any level) without having the meta builds in mind is a bit naive.
It’s not like if you don’t run a meta build you cannot play. But if only 1 or 2 enemies run meta builds your options are pretty much non-existent.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

This build is very good because it has AMAZING healing and really stays alive vs all the condi pressure it once died too!

Amazing healing? I’ve analyzed this with hard math in a previous post. Using incredibly generous assumptions, your total hp/s value comes out to 1715. How do you expect to stay alive with just 1715 hp/s against high output classes like thief, scrapper, rev, and reaper?

Your a baddy…You cant hit Mantra and f1 at the same time…That requires skill….That is the effect of a player with only 6% brain power…

Ok, so once we get past the hilarious density of ad hominems in this paragraph, we actually arrive at a valid point of discussion: stability on shatter can protect charging the mantra.

Unfortunately, this isn’t nearly enough. First of all, stability against a reaper is just a free fear when corrupted, but they’re not the only ones capable of breaking it. A normal offensive scrapper rotation involved chain cc through various finishers and skills. Since you only get 1 stack of stability, a scrapper will hammer right through it.

There’s also pure dps pressure to consider. When you’re channeling a mantra, that’s all you’re doing. You’re not blocking, you’re not dodging. If you get a thief that autoattacks you for that 2.75s channel time, the damage they unload on you will absolutely dwarf the single hit of healing you get.

There’s at least 1 person in this thread who has tried it and said that it’s not good. Messiah is very good about actually going and playtesting things, and I respect his judgement on build viability.

regarding healing – yes its good sometime amazing if you manage to heal you allies with it. but thats bring me to the OP amulet – being so squishy in group fight in support build . once an average team notice you are squishy (easy to know) you are doomed. thus first i change to more toughness ones. second its tricky build in group fight and i explain
if you need heal cause you are being focused you wont heal your friends. and if your friend need healing than you wont heal yourself when needed. so even if you have low cd mantra 2.75 sec while being targeted by thief/rev can ruin your day pushing you to self defense and not supporting your allies when needed.
remember the shout guard bunker meta? he saves his shouts for his allies and rarely used them on himself
so healing is good but being focused just kill this build role imo

regarding stability – its 5 sec 1 stack so it let you handle scrapper stun rotation but necro chain fear to death again if being focused . and now its necro meta so unless you are boons spammer/condi cleanser you wont have a chance

now the newold bunker mesmer could stay in the meta if alacrity wouldnt have nerfed. the res/stomp quickness even if gone wouldnt hurt it as much because its par with every other class.

i really want some support mesmer action so maybe my experience is not like you thus pls OP post unrank fights versus good group (not pugs if possible)
if i see it better i promise i’ll be the first to pop in and say so

in Mesmer

Posted by: Matty.1953

Matty.1953

i really want some support mesmer action so maybe my experience is not like you thus pls OP post unrank fights versus good group (not pugs if possible)
if i see it better i promise i’ll be the first to pop in and say so

Check out my Chronobruiser video and the build for it (they’re in the mesmer forums right now)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Thank you for the build. Next time I’m on I’ll give it a try to see for myself.

Don’t mind the kids who are still crying because someone took away thier OP bunker build.

Thanks again

in Mesmer

Ansau.7326

Tried the build in 3 matchups:
- 1st with your version of the video. Cool, but far from good and it cannot be considered as a bunker build. When pressured by only 2 or a thief you suffer a lot, much more than what you could be with the older bunker mesmer build.
Also, the MoP casting is really overwhelming. It puts you afk for so much time during the fight that makes it not worth to take it.

- 2nd: dropped MoP and took Portal. Here is where I confirm how bad is MoP+Restorative Mantra in PvP. I can survive pretty much the same, because I now can use the shatters for their purpose, and my playstyle is more mindgaming and skilled rather than spammy. Also, the extra healing from MoP is not missed, now I can play actively and evade the damage I was taking while casting MoP.
Build still feels too squishy to be considered as a bunker build, dying quite easily when facing a 1vs2.

- 3rd: I get an easy matchup (the one from the photo). Still got killed in a 2vs3 in middle and had a hard time in a 2vs2.

Starting to getting a better idea of the possibilities of the build. It is clearly a jack of all traits, master of none, quite good for unranked against bad people, but not enough when you face more skilled people who are running meta builds and they know what they’re doing.
A bit of damage here, a bit of support there and a bit of tankiness elsewhere. But you get killed quite easily if focused, and you aren’t able to put enough pressure to make enemies to back off.

I also can understand why you think it is better than it actually is. Bunker/support builds tend to give you the false idea that you did a lot in the matchup. You get a very high personal score and the statistics are insanse. But it can mean nothing. Stats are not that important, but gameplay does.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Cleric amulet is better on it to bunk. So, the 1v2 are easier… a bunker need to bunk.

Paladin is okay for bruiser spot, but I prefer a reaper or scrapper for strong 1v1.

Mirror heal is great, I did use the Herald amulet that give AOE protection to all on heals.

Variant:
Well heals + Chronomancer quickness on wells. Why? The well healing is bad but with full healing power it’s another decent AOE heals. Going that route, I don’t like feedback, so I replaced it with the well of precog to secure rez. That way, the three wells give some more quickness and heals without lowering your team support abilities.

Sigil of renewal and Sigil of Life. The thing, is going on the max healing power route, bring tons of heals through shatters and Mantra.

Btw, thank you for this build. It’s good since our bunker alacrity nerfed and seems to have enough for it to make win.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

This wont work.

1 vs 3? 1 vs 2? two theives auto attacking you to death is what gonna happen with that amulet and gl casting that mantra in front of a thief/necro.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Mesmer

Posted by: Indrea.7803

Indrea.7803

This build can’t work for many many reasons…the mantra heal, even with quickness, is too slow to cast and the healing isn’t enough to survive.
The quickness and resistence provided by glamour skills are totally useless: also feedback is totally a waste of an utility slot. Also, if you use Mender’s amulet you need the regeneration by phantasms provided by the trait.
You have no damage and no survivability.

You can create a decent build with mender but without mantra.

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

The OP has no idea what a bunker is, how a bunker works, and doesn’t know anything about this game nor class.

Game play video against the DH was extremely laughable. Not much more to say other than trash build, move on.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

This thread is hilarious.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

wonder if Lord Helseth trashed his build:

haha.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I am kinda wondering if this is actually a troll build.
Compared to the few good ranger builds OP had posted before, it is funny how bad this mesmer bunker build is

in Mesmer

Ansau.7326

wonder if Lord Helseth trashed his build:

haha.

OMG, luckily for him helseth will be out for the next week.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

You obviously missed his comments on his last stream before he left haha.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

You obviously missed his comments on his last stream before he left haha.

OP’s comments or Helseth’s comments?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

Helseth’s on his last twitch stream :-)