Race for mesmer?

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

So I’m planning to create a mesmer and I do not know which race it benefits most from for the racial skills.

Does anyone have any ideas? (And yes. I actually use my racials.)

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: pahldus.1678

pahldus.1678

Asura is the only race I can think of for whom the racial skills could even in the slightest be useful. Overall, our utility skills are far better for us than any racial skill is.

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Don’t forget Sylvari. They are not always slotted, but their racial skills fit niches rather nicely.

Grasping Vines and its long Immobilize has been useful a number of times, especially as Mesmers lack that ability normally.
Healing Seed is useful for its Regeneration granting capabilities, when trying to help allies stay up.
Take Root is a nice PvE Elite, as it spawns 5x Seed Mortars that can act as distractions and deal some damage + Bleeds. Further, that 3s of Invulnerability during casting has come in handy in a number of situations.
Summon Druid Spirit is another Elite useful in PvE, specifically for tagging a number of enemies for loot. Something Time Warp really doesn’t help us with, despite being a superior elite in any other case.
Summon Fern Mastiff is only useful in cases where Conditions are prevalent from enemies. I remember using THAT one a lot more, when I opened those Christmas Presents and worried about seeing those Dolls and their Confusion. A useful pet still, but definately needs to be paired with I.Defender and Signet of Illusion to let it have better survivability for its 60s duration.

Seed Turret is … not very inspiring to me as a Mesmer.

That said, Asura’s Radiation Field is darn useful. Human’s Hounds of Balthazar can lead to a bit of envy. Unsure about Charr, and unknowing how Norn’s Elite Transformations can work with Clones, if they do at all.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Norn racials are a nightmare. ^^ They are useless for a mesmer, as the only useful skills are stealth in leopard form, which we have already access to, and running away fast, which is not what I am looking for as an elite…

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I play asura myself, Radiation field allows us to use poison which we otherwise wouldn’t have so it’s good in dungeons for bosses/mobs that have a lot of healing output when there are no other professions with you who are better at applying reliable poison.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

I chose Charr Mesmer for specific reasons.

Warband Support + Runes of the Ogre + Illusions = You are an army of one. Being 7 entities at once can be intimidating. Useful when soloing groups.

Battle Roar – AoE Buff which can be doubled in a Signet of Inspiration Boon Sharing build.

Hidden Pistol – I hoped this skill might get me over some jumps to interesting portal places (not many places found).

Charzooka – Another jumping ability and 2 AoE Interrupt skills (used in an “on-interrupt” trait build).

Artillery Barrage – Thought it would be useful for hitting siege on tower walls, and it can (sometimes) but most of the shots won’t hit anything so the damage is poor.

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ichal.9504

ichal.9504

I play asura myself, Radiation field allows us to use poison which we otherwise wouldn’t have so it’s good in dungeons for bosses/mobs that have a lot of healing output when there are no other professions with you who are better at applying reliable poison.

and golem in some cases can distract melee enemy

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Half-naked huge male norn in pink for massive psychological assault.

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Haha, I’m not sure if this is slightly sarcastic or not, but it’s exactly what I picked. I figured for WvW, having tall colorful clones running around would cause people to target them more often than others. And with male norn armor, you really can be half naked, yet somehow still fully clothed.

Also, being this easy to spot is really useful for getting a zerg to stack up for portal bombing (or at least the commander never loses track of me). It does nothing for hiding in a keep, however.

—Jacked Jackal, giant and fabulous.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

I’m a norn male mesmer and everyone think I am a warrior. It’s funny. Some guy once said he was scared of me because he though I was a boss in Orr (I was red with necro mask).

http://i.imgur.com/aBCS8Yu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oFgZztC.jpg

To answer the poster, asura is the best with radiation field (if you want to play CD mesmer).

(edited by Krispera.5087)

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’d recommend either Asura or Sylvari. Radiation field is great for that little bit of extra flavour in a condition damage build. However, if you’re mostly PvE, Take Root is a great elite for ultimate mob distraction (5 seed turrets + 3 illusions) and has saved my neck on a few occasions.

Gandara

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Nothing screams illusion/style/subtlety/mindgames like a FRIGGIN CHARRZOOKA.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Race for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

If you’re going for condition damage, prayer to lyssa might be a good racial. but that’s as far as useful human skills goes.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits