Raids and Chrono stats

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

So with the release of raids what has everyone’s feel for stats been, stay with the Tried and true Zerker/Assassins or something different?

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

Assassins/zerker with leadership runes.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

If you can afford leqdership runes, use those, 5/6 surging works too, but not as well. And if all else fails, Go scholar still.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

I have the Zerk/Valk Trinkets, Valk Armor and Assassin Weapons.

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

BlaqueFyre.5678

Farming the ire for Leadership is taking. While

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Farming the ire for Leadership is taking. While

Yeah it’s a pain to get 600 crystalline ore.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

BlaqueFyre.5678

Yeah got lucky a few Pods had 10 ore in them,

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Actually a update. You don’t need leadership runes to get 100% quickness up time. And if you really want more quickness for some reason you could just swap out either domination or dueling.

/s

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fizz.8763

Fizz.8763

Rather than using Leadership runes, I use Chronomancer runes and Sigil of Concentration on my MH Sword.

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mohagi.2738

Mohagi.2738

What about Superior Rune of Durability instead of Leadership?
Was using them on my ele in my zerker armor set and transfered em over to my mesmer.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Durability

They are bugged or tooltip error not sure but they give 25% boon duration and are easier to get?

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

What about Superior Rune of Durability instead of Leadership?
Was using them on my ele in my zerker armor set and transfered em over to my mesmer.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Durability

They are bugged or tooltip error not sure but they give 25% boon duration and are easier to get?

That sounds like a good alternative actually! Tons easier to get since crystalline ores are so tough to get.

Anyone able to confirm on them giving 25% boon duration instead of 20%?

Kiss the chaos.

(edited by DeathReign.7821)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

I got a set of durability runes too, for tank/wvw gear – the hero panel shows 25%.

I only did one test, but an otherwise unbuffed temporal curtain seemed to increase from 12s swiftness to 15s – the tooltip after the actual cast did show 16s for a tiny fraction of a second, so I think that means it worked?

If you have a suggestion for a better test I can try tomorrow.

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

BlaqueFyre.5678

See I don’t really need the extra toughness, but otherwise those are good runes.

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Fizz.8763

If you don’t want toughness, I’d recommend the sigil of Concentration again. 33% boon duration and only takes up a sigil slot. It’s pretty easy to fit all your quickness moves into the 7 seconds you get

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

If you don’t want toughness, I’d recommend the sigil of Concentration again. 33% boon duration and only takes up a sigil slot. It’s pretty easy to fit all your quickness moves into the 7 seconds you get

Yours for only 133 gold!

Kiss the chaos.

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Fizz.8763

Yours for only 133 gold!

I’d rather pay a couple hundred gold than 600 crystalline ore anyday though! :P

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

20/30 from Boon duration from nourishments and +50% from rev is enough as far as i can see.

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I think some here overestimate the boon duration for quickness. Or rather underestimate the heral. Chrono will always be in the pt with heral and gain his 50% boon duration. The quickness uptime then is already enough, you can stick to scholar or chronomancer runes to deal some actual dps. Mesmer no longer is that pathetic weakling he used to be. Boss fights take longer, illusions don’t die anymore, skills deal damage and we gained good modifiers.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Sanderinoa.8065

I think some here overestimate the boon duration for quickness. Or rather underestimate the heral. Chrono will always be in the pt with heral and gain his 50% boon duration. The quickness uptime then is already enough, you can stick to scholar or chronomancer runes to deal some actual dps. Mesmer no longer is that pathetic weakling he used to be. Boss fights take longer, illusions don’t die anymore, skills deal damage and we gained good modifiers.

Agreed, I am highly against using any toughness to gain boon duration, nevertheless, the scholar bonus doesnt apply to phantasms and is hard to keep up in raids. This makes me feel like getting 5 runes of surging, plus a platinum dubloon may be worth the ferocity loss to get to 99% duration.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

Agreed, I am highly against using any toughness to gain boon duration, nevertheless, the scholar bonus doesnt apply to phantasms and is hard to keep up in raids. This makes me feel like getting 5 runes of surging, plus a platinum dubloon may be worth the ferocity loss to get to 99% duration.

Although i totally agree with you about the importance to get to 100% boon duration in raid i really don’t get the assumption that the best way to reach it it’s trough surgey or leadership runes.

Speaking under a min-max point of view you can score 100% boon duration just replacing surgey\leadeship runes with sigil of concentration.

Its use it’s really simple (just remember to switch weapon before start your cs rotation) and do not forget that when cs end you’ll get concentration timer back for the 2nd wall rotation.

If you use concetration sigil in place to surgey\leadership runes you can achieve:

-more personal damage (with scholar rune or similar) if you like to (not my way, but it’s an option)

or

-a tons more of quickness trough chronomancer runes and soi (which imao is the best option).

From my personal experience trough the different bosses in raid i’ve found that the sinergy between sigil of concentration+chronomancer rune+soi (via trait and\or sigil) it’s amazing.

Let do some considerations:

1) Boon duration apply to chrono 6th bonus, aka 100% boon duration = every well bring you 4sec of quickness.

2) Chrono runes doesnt have any internal cd (like someone said a while ago), that means if you have 3 wells during a standard cs rotation and related cd (48s) you gonna cast 9 wells, aka 36 additional second on quickness on yourself.

3) that 36 additional sec of quickness on yourself translate on 20s quickness average shared trough soi trait from second cs rotation.

4) the additional shared quickness in long fights with 10 men and high movement required it’s a noticeable huge boots.

5) soi trait is affected from cs, you can use it twice time in a row starting from your second cs rotation (the 1st rotation you gonna use it to summon your phantasm)

It’s enough to give it a try and you’ll be hardly come back.

On a side note if you add the soi sigil to this setup and you move to your own party (or in the party with druid if you have issue standind alive) you can aim for full raid quickness uptime rather than priorize just a party.

Anyway from both perspective (personal dps or quickness stacking depending on what your aiming for) the surgey\leadership runes setup seem me just the cheaper solution to get 100% boon duration if compared to sigil of concentration.

My 2 cents

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Sanderinoa.8065

@ aelfwe

While my wallet hurts when I say this, I do think you are correct in your statement. My opinion was simply based on the idea of taking toughness, but with the current poor sigil choice, you’re probably better off taking the sigil for on shield.
Still, as many mesmers are short on money, and I talk with my dulfy guide in mind, I would recommend surging runes.

If you can afford it, take the sigil. As you have . The only problem I see with the sigil however, is how to fill up the rest of the 7% you need. You get 50% from revs, 33% from the sigil, 10% from bountiful stones or oils, leaving 7%. To use a 20% duration nourishment then feels like a waste.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

(edited by Sanderinoa.8065)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

93% boon duration is sadly 1% not enough for max quickness. I’d say just forget about the bountiful stones and use the nourishment then. The game only translates 0.25 sec at minimum, wich means there’s no difference between 94-100% boon duration.

1 sec → 1.94 = 2 sec
1.5 sec → 2.91 = 3 sec
2 sec → 3.88 = 4 sec

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Mak.2657

You get 50% from revs, 33% from the sigil, 10% from bountiful stones or oils, leaving 7%. To use a 20% duration nourishment then feels like a waste.

50% rev, 33% sigil, 20% food. Bountfull sood/ oiles are pretty expensive.

Didn’t do accurate math/test but usual 70%/80% boon duration + Illusions line + SoI + permaalacrity (+ runes of crono) seems enough to be close to 100% quickness uptime for party.
Sigil is good, but weapons switching could costs sometimes.

93% boon duration is sadly 1% not enough for max quickness. I’d say just forget about the bountiful stones and use the nourishment then. The game only translates 0.25 sec at minimum, wich means there’s no difference between 94-100% boon duration.

1 sec -> 1.94 = 2 sec
1.5 sec -> 2.91 = 3 sec
2 sec -> 3.88 = 4 sec

But still WoA with 3s → 5.82 = 5.75
Plus some seconds if multiplying 20s+ of quickness

(edited by Mak.2657)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

@sandy

Taking in account our goal is to achieve 94% boon duration if we do a comparison between gain\loss of rune of surging, rune of leadership and sigil of concentration we have:

Rune of leadership:
30% from runes
50% from revenant

Total: 80% boon duration.

So you need the 20% from food to achieve at least 94%

Rune of scavenging+1 platinum doublon
24% from runes+plat doublon
50% from revenant

Total: 74% boon duration

Sigil of concentration:
33% from sigil
50% from revenant

Total 83% boon duration

Is it a waste? sure, but it’s also a waste you have to do even with rune of surging\leadership if you want to score at least 94% boon duration.

This means that waste isnt a loss in the comparison between the 3 possible setup (leadership\surging\concentration).

Moreover if you want to stop with a lower boon duration % (not using food with the 3 setup) the concetration ones will still overhead the other ones due to the additional shared quikness from wells.

@mak
The weapon switchin isnt really an issue when you have learn a specific fight mechanic.

It’s pretty mechanical to be honest, since the standard cs rotation already force you to cast your well on specific “windows” to maximize the result, you will find pretty natural to “paste” your weapon switch on it.

And don’t forget, the equation “better result=more effort” is something we should enjoy like mesmer!!!

This is why we’re better than war /hides xD

FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Just a quick sanity check here…

Here’s basically the rotation I do in an optimal situation. CS, wells, time warp, ToT, CS, wells, ToT. I’ll use ToT 2 more times before my next full rotation, and I’ll use the well of action 1 more time before the next full rotation.

In total, this is 4x ToT, 1x time warp, 3x well of action.

4x tides of time: 8 * 1.5s = 12s
1x time warp = 11s
3x well of action: 3 * 3s = 9s

Total: 32s quickness.

CS cooldown with illusions and alacrity = 40ish seconds

32s * 1.5 (rev facet) = 48s

So with absolutely no boon duration outside of the facet, no chrono runes, and no boon sharing, you can easily have over 100% uptime on quickness on a full 5 person party. Granted, this requires a nearly perfect rotation, but that’s not too difficult to pull off if you’re tanking. I don’t really see the point in pushing boon duration at all considering this is this case.

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Here’s basically the rotation I do in an optimal situation. CS, wells, time warp, ToT, CS, wells, ToT. I’ll use ToT 2 more times before my next full rotation, and I’ll use the well of action 1 more time before the next full rotation.

1x time warp = 11s

So with absolutely no boon duration outside of the facet, no chrono runes, and no boon sharing, you can easily have over 100% uptime on quickness on a full 5 person party. Granted, this requires a nearly perfect rotation, but that’s not too difficult to pull off if you’re tanking. I don’t really see the point in pushing boon duration at all considering this is this case.

How are you getting 40 seconds on CS? With illusions traited and perma alacrity, it’s a 46 second CD, and you have to take into account the time spent in CS. Am I missing something?

/s

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Sanderinoa.8065

Thing is, when taking 1 chronomancer in a party, you want more than 100% quickness uptime for 5 people, you want 100% quickness uptime for 10 people. Presuming you don’t have a chronomancer in a specified party, quickness will be shared over all 10 people, so you’ll want as much as you can get.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

1x time warp = 11s

You don’t really see the point because you keep thinking that your basic assumption it’s not a simple assumption but a general truth who is always true by default.

To be more specific, you are thinking that “100% quickness uptime” = “grant quickness to full 5 men party”.

Now if you stop keep thinkin there is only a truth then you could start to realize that in raid there are 10 men and NOT just 5.

If this will ever happen then you will also realize that raid allow subgroup and subgroup allow to put the mesmer in his own party aiming for 100% alacrity uptime over raid (10 men) rather than just over party (5 men).

At that point you will finally understand why people here is speaking about boon duration rather than just accepting your assumption like an universal truth as you asking in every chrono related thread.

FREE PYRO

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Thing is, when taking 1 chronomancer in a party, you want more than 100% quickness uptime for 5 people, you want 100% quickness uptime for 10 people. Presuming you don’t have a chronomancer in a specified party, quickness will be shared over all 10 people, so you’ll want as much as you can get.

Actually that’s a good point. Why you make me spend all my gold on chrono runes and expensive sigils : ( Actually, one thing to note is you wouldn’t be able to rely on the 50% boon duration, and it’s just RNG on who get’s the quickness and who doesn’t.

Also, just a general question at no one in particular, I presume the shield phantasm effects 5 players?

/s

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: watandara.6013

watandara.6013

Can someone elaborate on 10-men-boonsharing please?

How does that work exactly? All your skills affect 5 people, does that mean the mesmer has to be in his own subgroup? Which players are affected?

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

@FrenchFry: ish ish. It’s pretty close to 100% uptime; close enough that pumping more boon duration isn’t all that necessary.

@Sandy: In my raids, I put my chrono with the dps group that will be on the boss 100% of the time. This usually looks like chrono, herald, engie, psea, ele. The other 5 are handling green circles and whatnot. This lets the chrono pump alacrity and quickness to the primary dps group, and extra spillover from ToT and such will get to everyone else.

This might not be the most efficient way to do it. I’ll have to try putting the chrono, herald, and psea in a separate squad to see how the semi-random buffing spread from that group ends up working.

Edit: @FrenchFry:

Shield phantasms (and all non-human entities such as ranger pets, spirits, turrets, etc) are broken. They prioritize buffing other pets over players. Until that’s fixed, you can safely assume that shield phantasms don’t exist for purposes of alacrity sharing.

(edited by Fay.2357)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Mak.2657

Shield 5 buffs 10(+) ppl, iirr. Though I’m not using shield at raid now. Only 20% boon duration food and rev. Though I consider to buy crono or surging runes.

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: GLaDOS.5897

GLaDOS.5897

Edit: @FrenchFry:

Shield phantasms (and all non-human entities such as ranger pets, spirits, turrets, etc) are broken. They prioritize buffing other pets over players. Until that’s fixed, you can safely assume that shield phantasms don’t exist for purposes of alacrity sharing.

At first I was in denial, but the test just confirmed that. Man, this bug really hurts.

Taaun We – Vizunah Square (EUW/FR)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

Can someone elaborate on 10-men-boonsharing please?

How does that work exactly? All your skills affect 5 people, does that mean the mesmer has to be in his own subgroup? Which players are affected?

Shield 5th skill (ToT) affect everyone in raid (if hitted ofc).

So with 94%+ boon duration you can expect 4×6s=24s of quickness on everyone.

Since with illusion you have cs cd at 48s this means shield 5th shill + 100% boon duration bring 50% raid quickness uptime on its own.

So to achieve 100% boon duration on 10men raid we need to find out a way to spread out to 10 different men an average of 24 more second of quickness.

If you stay on a 5men subgroup this will never happens because your party mates will get boon priority and they will get every tw tic, every woa and every soi cast (except they are out range or dead).

To avoid this issue you need to be either on a single 10 men big group or in a small group (usually from 1 to 2 or 3 people) in way that every boon you cast is randomized between every single person and not just between your party.

Here comes where boon duration start to be REALLY important.

Since you want to score 100% quickness uptime on 10 men and whoever take quickness is random you have to change point of view.

On other words you have to find a way to stack 24 sec of quickness on 9 random target while every skill take 4 random target + yourself.

Here is where Boon Duration start to be really important:

Since you are goin to cast 3 WoA and 1 Tw (who pulse 11 times) every 48s and they’re goin to take 7/9 random target each time, then you want that the amount of quickness they grant is as longer as possible in way to maximize raid quickness coverage.

So you want WoA’s quickness to last 6sec (100% boon duration) rather than just 3sec and you alsto want that every tw pulse grant 2sec of quick rather than just 1.

At this point Chrono runes really shine.

Since you are obviusely in party with yourself and since on yourself pyro rotation grants a total quickness uptime having chrono runes with 100% boon duration trasform yourself on a quickness container.

Basically each well grant yourself 4 sec of quickness and since with 3 well you’re goin to cast 9 wells every 48 sec you will see on yourself a quickness average between 20s and 30s.

So everytimes your soi proc you will have 4 other random raid men reaching their “quickness 100% uptime”.

You will cast 3 or 4 soi from trait every cs rotation for a total of 12/16 random target hitted.

Then you can even take the signet to double the cast.

That’s why i love so much sigil of concentration, simple because it allow me to use chrono runes and that’s why boon duration is important in raid.

Anyway regardless i’m working on this setup and rotation since hot release i’m still far away for best raid subgroup composition to take max advantage from everything so discussion is opened to every improvement.

FREE PYRO

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Skills with 5 targets max affect the ones nearest the center frist. But it favorizes the ones in your squad team ofc. Nothing there is “random”. So sharing 100% quickness to 10 ppl is only possible with shield 5# or with impossible positionings. In reality, it’s not possible.

…well you could move youself in your squad team 1 to 2 and back to 1 after each roation

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

Nothing there is “random”.

@xyonon

Your observation is right but your desuntion is Wrong.

We’re speaking of raid environment (aka Vale G\Gorseval\Sabetha) and not on being sticked on a golem at hotm.

If you take one of these fights you wont never cast 2 cs\wells bomb rotation in the same spot without having had the raid moving between the 2 rotation.

So basically when you say

Nothing there is “random”.

you are assuming that, for example, after each updraft phase of gorseval when you do your well bomb rotation in the sample of 9 player the 4 players nearest to the center of tw\Woa or nearest to yourself are always and exaclty the sames.

you are assuming that during the NO cc phase of vale guard while boss is spamming aoe and raid is hitting him while moving around there are 4 guys who are nearest to the center of tw\woa or nearest to yourself for soi are always and exactly the sames.

And so on.

So since we are speaking of 5/7 mins long fights with mechanics who FORCE raid to move we can reasonably expect that players who are nearest the center of skill\yourself when you cast a skill are RANDOM.

But since this one is a statistic issue we can even do math for that:

Every 48sec you will cast 3 woa, 1 tw, 4 soi for a total of 8 skills (i’ll be on yourside and i will count tw like a single skill and not like an 11 pulses skill)

If you are on 2 men party everyone of this skill will affect 3 “nearest player” for a total of 24 extraction.

The % that happens what you are assuming (the 3 “nearest person” arent random and your skills will always affect same targ) it’s 1 every 50 Millions.

To solve a statistic issue you have to approach it with statistic: so you have to start from the most probable result, aka everyone is affected at least 2 or 3 times (and not always or never) from your skills every 48 sec.

So you want to maximize boon duration (to maximize the result of “being affected 2 or 3 times”) and to maximize the number of quickness source (soi + chorno runes) to maximize the % that everyone is affected from a single extraction taking up the numbers of extraction.

Hope you’ll understand

FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

If you’re in your own sub group, how do you make sure to get revs 50% boon duration everytime you do your cs rotation?

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

@aelfe
There are subgroups. They get favorized, so yea, they are indeed the same persons I hit with my wells.

@Molch
Just have a rev in your subgroup. Mes shouldn’t be alone, the mes is in the power team.

If you really are tryhard, you want 2 revs, one in group 1 and one in group 2. Then you as mesmer shall move yourself in combat after each CS.

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

@aelfe
There are subgroups. They get favorized, so yea, they are indeed the same persons I hit with my wells.

In fact, if you read again every post i’ve written till now, included the last reply i gave you i’ve clearly told everytime you have to be on your own subgroup with max 1 or 2 guys with you.

To be more exactly i wrote you:

If you are on 2 men party everyone of this skill will affect 3 “nearest player” for a total of 24 extraction.

The % that happens what you are assuming (the 3 “nearest person” arent random and your skills will always affect same targ) it’s 1 every 50 Millions.

I want to point out fact that the 1 chance every 50 Millions, isnt just a random number.

1 chance every 50 Millions it’s LITTERALLY the math probability that a mesmer in 2 men subgroup has to catch always the same persons with 3 woa, 1 tw and 4 soi during 48 cs cd.

Aka, 1 chance every 50 Millions is the probability that happens

@aelfe

If the mesmer stay in 2 men party and people is moving due to boss mechanics.

So pls, if you dont get it it’s fine, but pls do not give random reply

FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Why does the mesmer have to stay in it’s own subgroup? This is what I don’t understand.

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

Why does the mesmer have to stay in it’s own subgroup? This is what I don’t understand.

It is due to party priorization.

It’s something like when you place druid+tank in their own subgroup.

In this way tank get priority in druid heals, but at the same time since heal skill have 5 target cap and your party isnt full then druid heal 3 different target taken from the other 8 players eachtime.

Instead if you totally fill druid\tank subgroup with 3 other guys then druid would often heal the same 5 guys due to party priorization.

Since you want to heal everyone and not just 5/10 then you put them in 2 men party.

FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

BlaqueFyre.5678

Wow I did not think this post would garner this much attention, I am glad it did though I am learning quite a lot, thank you everyone, this is very enlightening.

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

It’s something like when you place druid+tank in their own subgroup.

In this way tank get priority in druid heals, but at the same time since heal skill have 5 target cap and your party isnt full then druid heal 3 different target taken from the other 8 players eachtime.

Instead if you totally fill druid\tank subgroup with 3 other guys then druid would often heal the same 5 guys due to party priorization.

Since you want to heal everyone and not just 5/10 then you put them in 2 men party.

Actually Nike from DnT stated in the stream that healing is not prioritized and therefore druid healer should be in a condi party so the players can get maximum effect from Grace of the Land as that one is prioritized.

EDIT: Here are links from DnT kills and as you can see they are not running with druid in a separate party.

(edited by kubetz.3058)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Mak.2657

Let me try rough math.
Ideal full cycle = 46 + 6 (shift phase) = 52s
Let me assume we can do 3 WoA, 3 SoI (cause we do it after WoA + 3 s), 1 TW (let count it as 1 quickness apply).
100% Boon duration, crono runes, no shield

For 2(crono+1) + 8 split to reach permaquickness you need 8(rest of ppl) * 52s (cycle duration) = 416 s every 52s
Lets imagine rotation:
Cs start, TW(22s*3=66s), WoA(6s*3ppl=18s), WoR, SoI at ~5th second of CS (I think mesmer have at this point like 7s from TW + 10 from WoA + 4 from WoR = 21s, 21*4 = 84s), cs ends, WoA(18s), WoR, SoI (mb 3s-4s after WoA using selfquickness would be like 16s, + 10 from WoA + 4 from WoR = 30s, 30*4 = 120s), some other skills, after ~20s using 3rd WoA (18s), WoR, SoI ( like 6s of rest quickness + 10 from WoA + 4 from WoR = 20s, 20s*4 = 80s).
So it would be like 404s out of 416. BUT it is for ideal conditions when Quickness spreads ideally between 8 other members. Have doubts about it.
Btw I don’t like sigil (for this moment) because it can deprive my in combat flexibility imo.

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

@kubertz

Sorry i didnt know that druid heal wasnt priorized, and if it’s intedend or it’s a bug or what nike said and to be honest doesnt mind

I just wanted to make an example to try to explain out why you could want to not fullfill chrono party if you’re aiming for raid quickness sshare.

Anyway quickness is priorized as grace of land so the druid example could not be perfect but the result doesnt change.

In general anyway if you want to use video as example of “how to play properly a druid” be aware to NOT put video like these one from dnt where druid is playing using bugged spirits who actually proc on pet rather than players.

It’s not about Dnt, they’re wonderfull players.

It’s about hot that has been released just a couple of month ago and meta has still to be fixed (and bug too).

Im 100% sure dnt and everyone else in 2 month will play in totally differnt way.

@mak

So it would be like 404s out of 416. BUT it is for ideal conditions when Quickness spreads ideally between 8 other members. Have doubts about it.

It is true it’s ideal and you did a great job BUT…

shield is mandatory for raid share cause 5th skill with 100% boon duration will bring 24s of quickness for every person in raid (and for sure, caust ToT doesnt have 5 men cap).

24s of quikness x 8 people =192s

Here we are at 404+192 = 596s out of 416

If that’s not enough you can add another soi that are 120 more sec.

596s+120=716s out of 416

Moving from your 404s out of 416s to fully 716s out of 416 grant you 300 “free second”.

Now analizer it:

Since Tot hit everyone and isnt random you can take it off from both side of equation:

716-192=524s and 416-192=224s

So at the end we have 524s out of 224s.

524s/224s=2.34

In other words to achieve 100% a single member of the other 8 need to be affected 1 times each 2,34 mesmer skill.

Now you are in 2, and other member are 8 so to achieve 100% you need an average of being hitted 1 times each 2,67 mesmer skill (8/3).

2,34 on 2,67 can roughly be traslated in 87,5% quickness uptime on whole raid with 100% boon duration and chrono 2men party.

And this is on average not ideally.

FREE PYRO

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Mak.2657

I trying to do raid without shield now.

I’m not sure if there is space for 4th SoI (usually using it after 30s CD WoA +3s). And why 120s?

Now you are in 2, and other member are 8 so to achieve 100% you need an average of being hitted 1 times each 2,67 mesmer skill (8/3).

Don’t get it. Can you elaborate?

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

I trying to do raid without shield now.

Not using a shield in raid is a solid option

When i said “shield is mandatory” it was only related at raid quickness share build (the one we’re speaking now)

I’m not sure if there is space for 4th SoI (usually using it after 30s CD WoA +3s). And why 120s?

I explain like hell sorry.

Another soi doent mean a 4th soi’s cast.

It mean to take both utility soi and both soi from inspiration trait.

This basically double the soi cast from 3 to 6 cast.

120s comes from your analizys, i take it 2x in account due to 2x soi cast.

and other member are 8 so to achieve 100% you need an average of being hitted 1 times each 2,67 mesmer skill (8/3).

Don’t get it. Can you elaborate?
[/quote]

3/8 × 100 = 37.5% chance for a single persone in a sample of 8 people to get affected from a single mesmer skill in 2 men party

1/0.375 = 2,77 is the average number of exctration (mesmer skill) required to verify the event "being affected)

aka on average if you cast 1 soi 1 tw 1 woa 1 specific person in average would be affected from one of these (i specific again, average)

FREE PYRO

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

Just one thing I want to point out because I think the quickness from shield is a little overrated. In reality, how many players are going to get hit by that wall? Not all 9 players are going to be standing in a spot to get hit with it.

“shield is mandatory for raid share cause 5th skill with 100% boon duration will bring 24s of quickness for every person in raid (and for sure, caust ToT doesnt have 5 men cap).”

/s

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

J
“shield is mandatory for raid share cause 5th skill with 100% boon duration will bring 24s of quickness for every person in raid (and for sure, caust ToT doesnt have 5 men cap).”

This sentence it’s not a general statement as it seem from your quote.

This sentecence is related to a specific build and rotation who in explained along several post with diffent hypotesis who arent secret and who are explained in numbers.

If you’d check them you’d seen that shield effort is counted around 80%.

Since we’re speaking of the biggest slowest aimed on target directionable chrono skill i think 80% is a result average mesmer can handle.

But if 80% (8 person) is too much for you can reduce it simply by substracting 3% on raid quickness uptime final result (87.5%) for every person you deal to miss with 5th shield skill.

In general btw if you deal to miss more than 5 people/cast in average i suggest to give up lf better build

FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

Raids and Chrono stats

in Mesmer

J

This sentence it’s not a general statement as it seem from your quote.

This sentecence is related to a specific build and rotation who in explained along several post with diffent hypotesis who arent secret and who are explained in numbers.

If you’d check them you’d seen that shield effort is counted around 80%.

Since we’re speaking of the biggest slowest aimed on target directionable chrono skill i think 80% is a result average mesmer can handle.

But if 80% (8 person) is too much for you can reduce it simply by substracting 2,5% on raid quickness uptime final result (87.5%) for every person you deal to miss with 5th shield skill.

In general btw if you deal to miss more than 5 people/cast in average i suggest to give up lf better build

I think 8 people is expecting a bit too much. It’s not like your teammates are going to be stacked up all the time in a neat little ball that never moves where you just have to aim your shield 5 at.

/s