Reason for MI's long casting time?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

What is it? Its an elite skill=should be ‘better’ than the rest, super long CD, almost 2sec casting time and only cloaks for 5sec… I could understand if this skill could cloak zegs like Veil but its not the case. I would take Shadow Refuge which isn’t even an elite any day if it was possible. Casting time should be 1/4 on this, not 2sec…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

For me it seems bugged, i have used it in groups and its stealthed me but not those closest to me but will stealth others. The cast time and cool down are far to long imo. The Thief one is a Utility and HEALS. Our does stealth and boons for us only if taking the Chaos 30point trait. It just doesnt seem very “Elite”…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

The fact that it does not seem an elite is one of the many reasons people use it.
Its CD is short, and this is nice. If you run lyssa runes its really a good tool.
We cant compare our stealth to thief abilties and it does not seem bugged to me, I often use it to ress allies and it works well.

About the cast time, its a bit bad because the animation is also easy to see.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

By bugged i mean, thakittens meant to stealth those around me as far as i am aware – however this isnt always the case. I have used it PLENTY of times where it wont stealth those right next to me but will stealth others that are further away, it just seems a bit iffy.

I think its more down to what our other elites are rather then how good it is, All of our Elites are pretty average/below par so its like picking the best of a bad bunch. Take Necro as an example of haning GOOD set of elites, they vary and can be used with different builds

Plague Form – Great, even at times amazing for Condition builds
Lich – Great for Power builds
Golem – Good/great (never used it) for Minion builds

It just seems ours havent been really thought out very well and are pretty meh. Of course this is all just my opinion.

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

Oh i would not trade ours with necro elites, maybe a huge purple butterfly that lands iSwordsman when i dodge.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Oh i would not trade ours with necro elites, maybe a huge purple butterfly that lands iSwordsman when i dodge.

I was just giving an example of a class with GOOD elites for different builds. None of our Elites are really that much better based on our build – Mass Invis could be an exception with the XII trait in Chaos but thats a minor buff that still doesnt make the actually skill worthy of “Elite” status.

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

So you prefer to have ONE choice based on your build?
I find great that we can use every elite regardless of the build. The problem is that moa and even mass are weak compared to time warp in pve.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So you prefer to have ONE choice based on your build?
I find great that we can use every elite regardless of the build. The problem is that moa and even mass are weak compared to time warp in pve.

No, what i would like is GOOD options. Time Warp is VERY situational in PvP and has to long of a cool down. Mass Invis is okay but the cool down for what it actually is is to long as well. Moa, i just hate.

I would have liked to have seen an elite that involves our mechanic – you know those kitten clones and Phantasms that we love to spawn – why did they not have an Elite for them?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Voodoo Tina.4180

Voodoo Tina.4180

I wouldn’t mind a shorter cast, but it does feel quite epic to me. Many times it has saved me or a team mate – its almost a reset button. The duration is plenty of time for you all to reposition, heal, strip conditions, and/or buff – you should be coming out of stealth in a much better position than when you entered it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I say reduce the CD to 60 seconds. Otherwise it’s great.

I really don’t think it needs a 60 second cd other than it would make runes of lyssa more attractive.

I just want a basilisk venom short cd ult for runes really.

It sucks getting interrupted but I’ve learned to pop distortion as I channel Mass invis if I’m afraid of a interupt.

in Mesmer

Nuka Cola.8520

I say reduce the CD to 60 seconds. Otherwise it’s great.

I really don’t think it needs a 60 second cd other than it would make runes of lyssa more attractive.

I just want a basilisk venom short cd ult for runes really.

It sucks getting interrupted but I’ve learned to pop distortion as I channel Mass invis if I’m afraid of a interupt.

60sec CD with 1/4 casting time or 40sec CD with current casting time is what it needs.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yeah the cast time is to long and to easily interrupted. Having to use other skills or abilities just to make sure you can cast an Elite is very poor. It should in my opinion:

90dsecond Cool down, current Cast Time – 10seconds of stealth (without trait)
60Seconds Cool down, 1/4sec Cast Time – 7seconds of Stealth (Without Trait)
45Second Cool down, Current Cast Time – 5 Second of Stealth (Without Trait)

It just needs to adjusted because currently its not that great and its used more due to the fact that the rest are not that great for so much of the game. Hell, i wouldnt even say no to:

45 Second cool down, 1/2second cast time – 9second of stealth without trait but ONLY affects us. Maybe they could make Chaos XII trait into something like:

Name Needed – When you cast a Stealth you also stealth allies in x range. In Stealth You gain boons and Stealth is increased by 1second

Something like that. Or Maybe even make it so that another Trait that increases Stealth/benefits for you such as Boons, healing or something but means your stealth no longer affect those around you???

in Mesmer

Posted by: Glog.4275

Glog.4275

I dunno, 7-10 seconds of aoe stealth sounds like it would be quite overpowered.

You can already sorta sync decoy with your elite and get up around 8s of stealth if you need to escape a bloody mess.

p.s and comparing it to a thief/shadow refuge is futile, they have traits dedicate to being in stealth. Its their class thing, not ours.

(edited by Glog.4275)

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I dunno, 7-10 seconds of aoe stealth sounds like it would be quite overpowered.

You can already sorta sync decoy with your elite and get up around 8s of stealth if you need to escape a bloody mess.

p.s and comparing it to a thief/shadow refuge is futile, they have traits dedicate to being stealth. Its their thing.

That sort of time would be if it ONLY affected you. If you had the trait that it affected allies it would be decreased by say 50% so that it would be 5seconds without the Trait.

Could have 2 Traits in Chaos Grandmaster – 1 for team play and stealth and one for solo play so you would gain more stealth when solo but lose that to help the team when working in dungeons, PvE and WvW and the like.

Considering its long cast time and cool down i do think that if they dont want to reduce the cool down then they should increase the stealth seeing as the cast time is nearly 2seconds that is just to long especially seeing how it is SO easy to tell when someone is trying to use it

in Mesmer

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

MI is good as it is, you guys are crazy.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

With all those seconds of stealth Ill be able to take a cup of coffee while I play a phantasm build.
If they reduce the casting time id be happy, any other change is needless.

in Mesmer

Nuka Cola.8520

Increase in stealth duration isn’t needed, what’s needed is CD reduced to something shadow refuge like, 60sec and dat stupid 2sec casting time is just ridiculous even if they decreased CD to 60sec. I mainly use MI to get out of hairy situations, not run for half a year with my hand raised.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Photoloss.4817

Photoloss.4817

The main problem is the same as with Time Warp: Both scale incredibly well with groups, and thus the effect on an individual has to be weak. Target caps prevent them from being faceroll/essential in zergs, but a group of 5 will always get more out of them than a single player.

Which basically means mesmers don’t have any elite they can reasonably use for their own benefit outside of noob sPvP, as anything worth morphing has either dodge/interrupt or Defiant. MI doesn’t count because it’s the absurdly strong trait that’s worth using (sometimes) and not the skill itself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Keep in mind Shadow Refuge has a limit of 5 players and you must stay in the circle. Mass Invis is max 10 players, has a larger range and you and your allies can move while casting it.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

I’d be happy if MI granted stability during the casting animation.

Although to make the skill a bit more elite, I’d go further if I had my say:

You and your allies are granted stealth for 5s and shatter all illusions dazing nearby foes for 2s. Reappear along with 3 clones. CD=120s.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Keep in mind Shadow Refuge has a limit of 5 players and you must stay in the circle. Mass Invis is max 10 players, has a larger range and you and your allies can move while casting it.

Though to be fair Msss Invis can bug out. I have seen it totally ignore people around me and stealth those away from me as well. I would prefer a trait that would buff it for us at the expense of the group stealth mechanic.

Doesnt Shadow Refuge have that heal part as well?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Though to be fair Msss Invis can bug out. I have seen it totally ignore people around me and stealth those away from me as well. I would prefer a trait that would buff it for us at the expense of the group stealth mechanic.

Doesnt Shadow Refuge have that heal part as well?

Yeah Mass Invis can bug out. Sometimes it’s due to reveal debuff on allies (or even yourself). If you or your allies get stealth via Thief Refuge, you get the revealed debuff if you leave stealth early by attacking. Mesmer Invis on the other hand doesn’t give revealed if you leave stealth early by attacking someone.

Yes, Thief Shadow Refuge can be traited to heal.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

(edited by Xavi.6591)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

If you compare mass invis to our own stealth skills, it does have higher stealth in seconds, its aoe compared to decoy and prestige, I guess veil can be longer stealth if you keep jumping in it, but then you have to be stationary :p. Veil also stealths zergs for 2 or3 seconds, cant remember actually :/. The only downside is that it has a long cast time imo, but thats really only an issue in pvp :p.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Yes, Thief Shadow Refuge can be traited to heal.

It always heals. You mean the “regeneration in when gaining stealth” and “heal hp in stealth” traits which are applied on top of SR inherent healing. A thief popping SR usually heals to full in a matter of seconds without using his healing skill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

But shadow refuge also applies longer stealth, heals and is a dark field. Not to mention that it pulses stealth, which means stealth related traits trigger multiple times.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?