Reasons to why Mesmer isn't OP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kybraga.7103

kybraga.7103

For starters, the Health Pool is medium… Meaning they are kind of weak to heavy conditions…
Secondly, on the note of conditions, they don’t have access to many conditions, they just stack a lot of the same one. [Confusion and Torment.]

Mesmer is made to trick foes and manipulate the target[s]. [Aka, if you get confused and lost in a mesmer fight… You should.]

Now on to certain traits people complain about for some reason:
PU [Prismatic Understanding.]: For starters, it’s a stealth trait made for those wanting to extend fights for an advantage, aka it’s doing it’s job if it’s being annoying.
Confounding Suggestions: This trait is basically a dumb’d down version of Chaotic Interruptions, if not less powerful. It’s keeping the target in place, like Immobilize on Chaotic Interruptions . But it doesn’t give boons or anything besides the small Daze/Stun duration increase. -Aka, no reason to cry over it.
Mental Defense: This is a trait to summon a iDefender, it transfers POWER damage to it. Conditions would completely counter this and with the current meta, I don’t see why people complain about it.

-Feel free to comment more things people complain about and why they aren’t OP at all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Niekas.3854

Niekas.3854

Since there are less bunkers, mesmers are fading away. The ones who played it before are still sticking with it and going power-way, which, as before, brings back all the annoyance of repetitive tab clicking.

I would say its one of the weakest builds in the game, since there is very little room for mistakes + it requires a lot of knowledge, experience and good timing to succeed at. People who cry over it must have not learned how to deal with mesmer and/or when to expect the burst. Naaah, im sure it is only the trap DHs QQing because illusions deny their very skilled usage of traps. ~

in Mesmer

Posted by: kybraga.7103

kybraga.7103

^ Pretty much only DH’s complaining since I can easily tell if they’re facerolling traps, and since I pretty can always time my bursts… And trick people, they get salty ‘Sour/upset.’ and just say my build is cheese. XD

in Mesmer

Posted by: JollyDoctor.5738

JollyDoctor.5738

I have a lot of trouble fighting certain classes like Necros using my Chrono/Shatter build, but I’m definitely still able to inflict a lot of damage to the other class.

I’ve always played Mesmer the most, esp in PvP, but right now we’re definitely not in the meta..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

^ Pretty much only DH’s complaining since I can easily tell if they’re facerolling traps, and since I pretty can always time my bursts… And trick people, they get salty ‘Sour/upset.’ and just say my build is cheese. XD

We knew this was going to happen. Currently even if you greatly out skill your opponent they will view a loss to you as you cheesing it up.

Are mesmers still over tuned? I believe the majority of GW2 players will say yes, and we as mesmer players have to realize this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

@Azukas- overtuned? on the power side yes. Mesmer still dont have a decent condi build like other classes. Condition removal is a huge issue for mesmer unless you run inspiration with mantra.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

@Azukas- overtuned? on the power side yes. Mesmer still dont have a decent condi build like other classes. Condition removal is a huge issue for mesmer unless you run inspiration with mantra.

Getting better performance for less input.

How does Chronobunker not die to condi?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

One thing I don’t like about the current trait/skill system is the all or nothing nature of trait lines.

For example, take Inspiration – pretty much immune to condis/can slot any utilities you like; don’t take Inspiration – severely weak against condis.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

I’d say that even with Inspiration we are severly weak against condis
Despite the minor and the trait that cleanse condis on shatter, you cannot use your shatters only for the cleanse, you’re wasting one of its chore mechanics
It’s a great, if not mandatory trait, but calling people immune and since resistance nerf, glamour aren’t as powerful as they used to be against them (it’s still valuable, but definitely not as “immune” as, say, Diamond Skin ele))

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’d say that even with Inspiration we are severly weak against condis
Despite the minor and the trait that cleanse condis on shatter, you cannot use your shatters only for the cleanse, you’re wasting one of its chore mechanics
It’s a great, if not mandatory trait, but calling people immune and since resistance nerf, glamour aren’t as powerful as they used to be against them (it’s still valuable, but definitely not as “immune” as, say, Diamond Skin ele))

Ok I exaggerated, but it’s still a huge all or nothing choice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Uh, Mesmers are strong? I know we can do a decent chrono tank and support via alacrity at the same time, but that’s like the one thing I feel useful for. Alacrity supplier.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

People cried about Chrono initially.

Then people stopped playing glassy specs that were getting rekt by the superior glassy specs.

Then nobody cried about Chrono until Chrono bunker was top meta and everywhere.

Then Chrono bunker was nerfed and all tears wrought by the presence of a Chrono stopped.

People continue to play their “OP” elite specs and either thoroughly focus down/reck Bunker Mes, or ignore and shrug off your other breeds of Chrono.

**Note: Good Mesmers are still going to make certain players with certain builds suffer in certain situations. Mesmer will forever be seen as annoying. Much like the swams of summertime flies and mosquitoes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: perfectcomma.3204

perfectcomma.3204

Since there are less bunkers, mesmers are fading away. The ones who played it before are still sticking with it and going power-way, which, as before, brings back all the annoyance of repetitive tab clicking.

I would say its one of the weakest builds in the game, since there is very little room for mistakes + it requires a lot of knowledge, experience and good timing to succeed at. People who cry over it must have not learned how to deal with mesmer and/or when to expect the burst. Naaah, im sure it is only the trap DHs QQing because illusions deny their very skilled usage of traps. ~

So true! hahaha DH logic

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

Looks like some people doesnt realize how strong, really is Inspiration spec on Mesmer.

Combining it with Alacrity and Quickness from Chrono spec, it far exceeds survivability and condi ’’immunity’’ than any other spec…

But who am I? Right.
Keep on using your Dom/Duel/Chrono builds.

I just hope Anet nerfs Druids on the next patch… Then it will be a breeze to climb those Leagues…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Looks like some people doesnt realize how strong, really is Inspiration spec on Mesmer.

Combining it with Alacrity and Quickness from Chrono spec, it far exceeds survivability and condi ’’immunity’’ than any other spec…

Lol. You do realize that even pre-nerf, there were specs out there with equal or higher survivability than bunker-chronos, while using a glassy amulet (chronos used a tanky amulet), right? And they are still out there; but obviously it’s Mesmer/Chrono that had to get nerfed… like it already happened so many times. I remember like once when they even said they are not gonna do any balance changes anytime soon, and one day later Mesmers got nerfed to the ground, while everyone else wasn’t touched. It’s always the same story. Mesmers aren’t allowed to be equal to other classes. Oh, and even before the nerf… bunker Chronos could get destroyed by condis, if there’s enough of them/if they are re-applied fast enough.

But who am I? Right.
Keep on using your Dom/Duel/Chrono builds.

I don’t know who you are. But you probably are not on the forums a lot; otherwise you’d know that most people are only using Dom/Duel/Chrono for PvE; and even there not always. (Almost) nobody uses that for PvP anymore.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

Ehhh, what I wrote sounded a bit misleading.

To put it plain and simple, what I meant was —-
There is a really wide margin between ’’good’’ Mesmer and ’’amazing’’ Mesmer.

I am actually happy that they ’’nerfed’’ Chronobunkers.

Before this ’’nerf’’, at least for me, Rankeds were swarmed with minimum 1 mesmer in each team, enemy sometimes even had up to 3 chronobunkers.
Not that it caused me much of a problem, but annoyance to win simply quadrupled.

I won most of those matches anyway because those people were delusionally obsessed with being a Chronobunker.
Oooooh, and what is that?
A Surprise, nearly every single Chronobunker died out after the ’’nerf’’.
Morale of that ’’nerf’’: People only like shiny things.

And the first thing I hear after I join a match is ‘’mesmer can you reroll to tempest?’’

in Mesmer

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

Uh, Mesmers are strong? I know we can do a decent chrono tank and support via alacrity at the same time, but that’s like the one thing I feel useful for. Alacrity supplier.

That is exactly my feeling. Powerful support (maybe even OP). But other than that do not offer much. Unless speced for tanking, survivability is not great. Power builds using GS, sword and shatter are borderline weak. Condition builds are even worse.

So yeah, mesmers are great alacrity and quickness suppliers. Not much otherwise.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Secondly, on the note of conditions, they don’t have access to many conditions, they just stack a lot of the same one. [Confusion and Torment.]

Mesmer is made to trick foes and manipulate the target[s]. [Aka, if you get confused and lost in a mesmer fight… You should.]

PU [Prismatic Understanding.]: For starters, it’s a stealth trait made for those wanting to extend fights for an advantage, aka it’s doing it’s job if it’s being annoying.

-Feel free to comment more things people complain about and why they aren’t OP at all.

So you justify overpowered mechanics by declaring that “they’re meant to be overpowered!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

So you justify overpowered mechanics by declaring that “they’re meant to be overpowered!”

A mechanic isn’t overpowered, because it comes with the class. The overpowered issue comes up if the entire package is overpowered, if it’s balanced by weaknesses elsewhere that put it on par with the others, then it’s simply on par, even if a lot of its strength is focused on being very good at one thing vs being good in multiple situations.

The main issue is that it’s overly centralising. As far as the class goes, it’s causing issues in that it’s preventing the buffing of other focuses due to the fact that it also end up making the already strong option stronger.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

Mesmer not OP, just the chrono spec at moment a little over tuned. I run a Condi Mesmer build and I am very successful, did use to us inspiration line for Condi cleanse, but after the PU nerf I went chaos as it wasn’t worth trying be more survival traited also I get prestige for my small condi removal anyway. cant survive necro condi bombs no more but don’t have many issues with other classes unless they high condi remove classes or de stealth classes. I ran into a dragonhunter condi remove on block spam build today (that trait does need a 10sec ICD thou) and my build just crumbled completely without my condis sticking same with mallyx revs. most builds will always have a weakness to them due to trait lines chosen or build type focused on.

if they don’t have a main exploitable weakness that can cause them high damage or stop them doing high damage then that when they OP.

Death Good