[Request] - Help with the Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tesseract.4185

Tesseract.4185

Q:

Hello fellow Mesmer. I would like to obtain some information regarding the traits. I’ve always tried to not play under a certain build that was already posted and that everyone is following, i like to experiment, but in this game i came across with those Traits and i don’t fully understand it. I know they enhance stats and skills but which ones are the most appropriated for a certain play-style? I’ve been playing like this set of skills. I do not have any traits on because i can’t decide which ones i should unlock to experience a good relation between them and the rest of the skills. So which ones i should go for?

I would like to read all of your opinions in order to improve my knowledge on this matter.

Thank you

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

I take it that you are still doing open world PvE content and leveling up with heart quests?

My advice would be to just play the game however you want – explore the mechanics of the Mesmer class. Once you’ve got more experience, you can decide what you like and how you like to play and then build from there. Optimizing a build is the same as fine-tuning a car. You need a car before you can fine-tune it.

There is a list of builds and guides here that you can browse at your leisure to increase your knowledge of the class. Once you have knowledge of the class, you can decide on what you like/don’t like and formulate a build from there.

Kiss the chaos.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Well, first off you should know that almost every trait is worth unlocking. The only traits you should not waste your time to get are as follows:

1. Disruptor’s sustainment
  2. Bountiful dissilusionment
  3. Power Block
  4. Chaotic Revival
  5. Furious Interruption
  6. Retaliatory Demise
  7. Blinding Befuddlement

Other than those, every trait is at least potentially worth getting.

As far as figuring out what those traits actually do, I’d recommend looking them up in the wiki, as it’s generally quite complete with the effects of traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Haha, til this day I still haven’t unlocked Disruptor’s Sustainment.