Restorative mantras

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I am trying to use this ability in the mists. I went over to the area where you can dual npcs but I do not see any heal on myself from this trait. Is this a bug or it only heals people around me?

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: tyhanon.6587

tyhanon.6587

yeah i thought that too but then i noticed that it only heals when you charge your mantra, not when you cast it. more people would use it if it was the other way around

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

jazzllanna.1278

Ahh I see ty I did not try that

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

It’s only really useful if you use mantra of pain (allowing you to spam the heal as mantra of pain does not have a cooldown) and/or full mantra builds (2-4 mantras in utility). In which case it gives some nice additional heals on top of your normal one.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

jazzllanna.1278

They all seem to have a 3.5 second cast though so that kinda sucks lol. Idk I want to try something new but I always go back to the same build :P

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Mantra builds are a lot about micro management you want to use other abilities while casting them (shatters/mantras/blink etc.).

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

It would be overpowered if the heal activated on Mantra use and I actually enjoy the effect activating when charging a Mantra.
Currently, I find this trait to be a nice PvE support addition. I haven’t been able to get it to work in PvP, because it’s too “cute” there. Maybe if there was another trait that made you receive considerably less damage while channeling… http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protected_Mantras isn’t too shabby with 250 toughness, but it’s still not enough for 3 1/4sec thumb twiddling.

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

IMO a big problem with restorative mantras is the application. I rarely find an encounter in a dungeon in which 2k heal every 5 seconds would help in some form.
From what I’ve heard about high level fractals, healing there is negletable, since once you get hit by agony you just die, and a mere 2k heal wont save you.
Tbh i would much more prefer it if you could heal on activation, while building in an internal cd for the heal itself.
By doing so the amount healed can still be in a good range, while not running into the problem that a mesmer can simply spam heal the whole party.
The fact, that i can’t immediatly react by using the mantra to heal somebody that got hurt and thus getting him “out of trouble”, but instead having to channel 3 1/4 seconds before the heal comes really kills this trait for me.

tl;dr No application for trait, 3 1/4 cast time makes timed healing impossible, fix could be: heal on use with internal cd on heal

RIP game 2012-2014

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: Savant.5276

Savant.5276

The solution I want to see is Restorative Mantras making our Mantras like Elementalists’ Ether Renewal (without removing Conditions): as we charge any Mantra over that 3.5 seconds, we get a tick of (and share) healing every .5 seconds.

But no kittening around here by nerfing the TOTAL mount of healing currently possible with Restorative Mantras!

Simply and only change it so that we get the TOTAL amount of healing that we currently get (in one burst at the end of charging a Mantra) to being spread out to hit us (and our allies) every .5 seconds of the 3.5 seconds the Mantra charges.

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheComet.6471

TheComet.6471

I use restorative mantras myself for my healing mantra, if you stack it with the Water or Flock runesets, it actually does turn into a pretty nice heal (mine pops for two bursts of 2.5k or so, maybe a touch higher).

I think the big thing with it is that you need synergy like that to get the most out of it, although I will agree that the heal is on the weaker side.

Kaineng – Co-Leader of Skrittical Hits
Sybol – Healing Bunker Charr Mesmer (80)
Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

In high level fractals, agony will kill you, healing or no. This forgets that agony attacks are rather rare in fractals. Normal mobs hit like trucks too, but a consistent moderately large heal from MoP spamming is extremely beneficial in many situations, particularly during boss fights where people need to recover from what hit them as quickly as possible.

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

It’s worth noting that if you plan to use this to group heal that the radius of the heal is very small. You’ll want to be in weapon swinging radius of your allies.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I like this trait a lot since I read pryo’s post on pve support build. I do feel like I need to practice staying on top of the mantras. There are definitely times when I end up hearing my guy chant “agony, torment, pain” when I was hoping to just pop off a quick damage shot. But if I can find the other ranged attackers in my party and stay near them, I can definitely see how I help keep their total health higher.

Restorative mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

The only thing RM needs is decent base stats/effects for the mantras, so they are more viable in general/untraited.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast