Retiring my mesmer

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

Sorry to say this guys but since the recent confusion nerf I’ll be retiring my mesmer. All the effort and work I did into getting the gear for her went down the drain. This recent patch has made me feel down and playing my mesmer and trying to get another gear seems like a waste of time and effort since we never know if that build will be nerfed as well (this has happened 3 times now). This isn’t a whining thread I’m just saying goodbye to all my fellow mesmers and hoping that you guys hang in there. Thanks for all your help in the past by sharing your thoughts and builds.Good luck.

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

imo alot mesmers now is confuse what to do in future
good luck and have fun

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Seeya Knight. I share your pain.

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

:-( awww..don’t get me wrong, i am very very sad about the nerf too, but i love my mesmer too much to give her up even if im weak now until i get gold for an entire gear.

and btw, for all the qq’ers that wanted that nerf sooo bad…be careful what u wish for;-)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xienzato.7214

Xienzato.7214

Yeah it is disappointing and not a bad idea to take a break from mesmer then return once Anet gets its act together regarding this issue. I will still keep investing in ascended rabid gear (since I started already) in hope that Anet make confusion worth speccing for again…

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Try my build before you quit. I designed it to make use of all the condition gear I grinded. It’s quite fun and revitalized my interest in the class.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Hidden-Fire-New-Mesmer-Build-WvW/first#post1970687

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

you clowns act like the shatter confusion build is the only mesmer build ever. ridiculous.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

ehh. i just spvp alittle and that is it now.

anet screwed themselves alittle by over nerfing. they made people scared to put effort into end game because thier nerfs are spec ending. gg

i played gw2 because i didnt want to grind. not because i want to have to grind new gear every time anet swings the bat.

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I can see your point. In my case, the Mesmer is both my main and the one class that caused me to snag this game. No way I’m tossing the guy out at this point … although, I have been investing in other EQ on the side. Still keeping my Rabid stuff, though – especially those grindy-frigging Ascendeds.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Think about it Lightbane. It takes at least a month to earn some ascended trinkets and some people had 3 or more the hard way. How would you feel if an update nerfed your favorite build and the equipment you worked so hard to gain? Worst yet, how would you feel if that nerf was done to pamper newbies instead of teaching them the more advance facets of the game?

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

you clowns act like the shatter confusion build is the only mesmer build ever. ridiculous.

ok first of all i think you are rude and calling people clowns is not acceptable!no one said that shatterer was the only build. btw i was a glam mesmer and it breaks my heart to change my entire build, playstyle and gear!
so your comment is only here to offend people, so why don’t u go and troll somewhere else

and again @ OP play around with unique builds, not just plain shatterer, try mantras, immortal mesmer build and play around with skills u normally don’t use, maybe u will find something that encourages u again…and stick with the gear for now or just get an alt with bades or karma..

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nordic Natedog.4360

Nordic Natedog.4360

ok first of all i think you are rude and calling people clowns is not acceptable!no one said that shatterer was the only build. btw i was a glam mesmer and it breaks my heart to change my entire build, playstyle and gear!
so your comment is only here to offend people, so why don’t u go and troll somewhere else

and again @ OP play around with unique builds, not just plain shatterer, try mantras, immortal mesmer build and play around with skills u normally don’t use, maybe u will find something that encourages u again…and stick with the gear for now or just get an alt with bades or karma..

immortal mesmer does even less damage now because of the hit to retaliation. I still play my condition mesmer build but now its more of a cond tank. Heavy cond removers are a real pain to get down (if I can at all) without the added spikes I could get from confusion, but I am still durable and can fight 3+. I found that I had to run less stealth to compensate for the lack of spike since I really need to interrupt guys more often with temporal curtain.

Mag (PA)
Figrin the Healer (Guard), Angelic Renae (Mes), Death by Figrin (Thief)

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

You act like build diversity is a bad thing. ridiculous.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

You act like build diversity is a bad thing. ridiculous.

Lol? He .. Actually doesn’t? He says people here are acting if confusion shatterer mesmer is the one and only thing for a mesmer, ergo he says you have more builds then just this one, ergo he says build diversity is a good thing.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

No he doesn’t. Plenty people ran power-based builds before this nerf, those are now substantially more players. Phantasm-builds, Healing-builds, Shatter-power-spam, Mantra-holders, all still around.

We lost 1 viable build, we didn’t gain anything for it.

What he said was “You act as if this was your only spec, and hence this would be ruinous”. It’s not the only build, it’s still ruinous. We lost build diversity in the process, which is never a good thing.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

No he doesn’t. Plenty people ran power-based builds before this nerf, those are now substantially more players. Phantasm-builds, Healing-builds, Shatter-power-spam, Mantra-holders, all still around.

We lost 1 viable build, we didn’t gain anything for it.

What he said was “You act as if this was your only spec, and hence this would be ruinous”. It’s not the only build, it’s still ruinous. We lost build diversity in the process, which is never a good thing.

well my spvp condition build got a buff since they change confusion on blind and image to some extent

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

Retired my Mesmer too. Long live the Necro!

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

Sorry to say this guys but since the recent confusion nerf I’ll be retiring my mesmer. All the effort and work I did into getting the gear for her went down the drain. This recent patch has made me feel down and playing my mesmer and trying to get another gear seems like a waste of time and effort since we never know if that build will be nerfed as well (this has happened 3 times now). This isn’t a whining thread I’m just saying goodbye to all my fellow mesmers and hoping that you guys hang in there. Thanks for all your help in the past by sharing your thoughts and builds.Good luck.

Don’t do it! I was told by VERY reliable sources that the other mesmers specs do even more damage than confusion, and that confusion really didn’t even do any damage, so just do that!

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Ghanto.9784

Don’t do it! I was told by VERY reliable sources that the other mesmers specs do even more damage than confusion, and that confusion really didn’t even do any damage, so just do that!

Pve and pvp, no problem. Not so great any more in wvw. I’m sure some will disagree, but I just don’t think mesmers have as much group utility now. Trying to target people and reliably getting clones, etc. to them in the big zerg kind of battles that now dominant wvw fighting…meh.

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

It was fun while it lasted but confusion was OP as hell in WvW. Sadly I still haven’t found a use for my Rabid gear so far.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

Tbh this reminds me of when guardians got hit by the retaliation nerf early in game and everyone was qq saying guardians are crap now their role is pointless bla bla, but guess what they’re still one of the “Tier 1” classes and so is mesmer.

Its one of the most fun classes to play imo and dominates pve still

Jade Quarry [TPA]

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Only viable WvW build in larger battles is/was the confusion build. Small battles other builds still work but that isn’t the point. Hell I would be happy with a 25% nerf even instead of a confusion “fix”.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

(edited by CrazyDuck.4610)

Retiring my mesmer

in Mesmer

Ghanto.9784

Tbh this reminds me of when guardians got hit by the retaliation nerf early in game and everyone was qq saying guardians are crap now their role is pointless bla bla, but guess what they’re still one of the “Tier 1” classes and so is mesmer.

Its one of the most fun classes to play imo and dominates pve still

No, not the same, and I don’t recall a lot of people saying Guardians were pointless for wvw after the retaliation nerf. I played a lvl 80 Guardian before the retaliation nerf – and still do – and I’ve played a lvl 80 Mesmer even longer – and I definitely feel this nerf hurt Mesmers more than the retaliation nerf hurt Guardians. I never quit playing my Guardian, never even thought about it. Yes, Mesmers are still very viable for pve and pvp, so the people who mainly do those aren’t the ones who are so upset.