Returning Mesmer

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: erebuss.5294

erebuss.5294

So I’m just coming back to the game after a break for a few months and I thought it might be fun to go back and try out my mesmer. He’s only level 45 and I’ll admit right now, I am a complete noob when it comes to mesmer. I started my mesmer near launch and haven’t touched him since.

I came on the forums to look for a decent guide to leveling and from what I’m seeing, people think mesmer got nerfed into the ground. Now is this true, or is this just the product of negative opinions getting the most output?

Is there still a viable leveling guide out there? I’d really love to find a build that is good for leveling, but also FUN. I PVE almost exclusively, so I just need something for doing world completion, and perhaps a dungeon every now and then.

Thanks ahead of time.

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

So I’m just coming back to the game after a break for a few months and I thought it might be fun to go back and try out my mesmer. He’s only level 45 and I’ll admit right now, I am a complete noob when it comes to mesmer. I started my mesmer near launch and haven’t touched him since.

I came on the forums to look for a decent guide to leveling and from what I’m seeing, people think mesmer got nerfed into the ground. Now is this true, or is this just the product of negative opinions getting the most output?

Is there still a viable leveling guide out there? I’d really love to find a build that is good for leveling, but also FUN. I PVE almost exclusively, so I just need something for doing world completion, and perhaps a dungeon every now and then.

Thanks ahead of time.

Mesmer is still really great, some builds just cant do things as efficient as they used to. Ignore the QQ on the forums, it’s rarely ever worth it. In response to your build question, this is the leveling guide I used 6 months ago.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Lazy-Kai-s-Guide-to-PvE-Leveling-Guide

I used this to get to 80, and still use it at 80 except I’ve always used greatsword and staff for group/personal support.

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Btw, I’m planning to update the leveling guide today as some things have changed in the recent patch. This might come in handy… ^^

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: erebuss.5294

erebuss.5294

Thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for, and I’m looking forward to see your changes for the new patch Kaiyanwan. Glad to know mesmer is still fun and viable.