Returning Mesmer

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nihmindu.4298

Nihmindu.4298

So, when the game first came out I decided that Mesmer was going to be my main. I played him to Lv45, but then hit a wall and begin class jumping – Lv55 Necro, Lv30 Elementalist, Lv32 Thief. I am not trying to return to my Mesmer, as my guild is really getting hardcore into WvW.

I was initially using a GS – Sword/Forcus with the following build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAR8dlwzipHWTrGbNJxZGRf5oFQShqTdJF4m3A

It focused mainly on illusion damage, and the utility is set for portal bombing. I seem to have two issues with this in WvW though.

1. Illusions/Phantasms seems to die almost instantly to AOE in WvW cutting out nearly half of my DPS
  2. iWarden, despite being incredibly strong when he does stand, tends to be pretty much useless because its a flashing, swirling, glowing land mine that screams move slightly and avoid me.

How do you overcome these issues? I’ve though about running a pistol rather than focus, but I find it really difficult to lose the speed buff/yank from focus #4.

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Hi Nihmindu.

I sure other might hvae other answers but Im running in a guild who half day have smal groups of 1-3 players roaming for fun in wvwvw cap camps and seek fights and on several evenings / week do serius portal bombing vs zergs.

I promised myself to not spam this foums with my vids so I start gather em in a thread “effective solo mesmer in wvwvw”, feel free to see the 2 vids I have there. I also if you go futher into my channel have some serius portal bombing movies, lates is best “Guidlwars 2 Judge VS France working”.

Generaly I say that with Rune of AIR you have less problem with movment same time as you have a great dmg potensial (doubters se latest film :P). The shatter spec is EXTREMLY viable even vs several opponents and can with ease handle high toughtness enemys aswell as thiefs, elementalists etc.

Build, films al is in the vid. For janks and sieges I always carry a focus in my bag aswell as a GS, for those times I get stuck in a tower or want to get ppl of a siegeing cliff etc.

Any questions just ask or make a post in the thread

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Effective-solo-mesmer-in-wvwvw/page/2#post652565

Gl and grats on come back to mesmers mate Have alot of fun
/love osicat

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

The focus trait in Inspiration goes a long way towards making the warden more useful in pvp, esp in zerg wvwvw, by using it defensively. Between the.curtain, the warden’s attack, and Feedback, you can shut down an enemy zperg for several seconds in certain choke points. Timed well with Time Warp in a coordinated group, and you can then the tide of the battle if lucky.

When I really want the warden’s damage, I generally use the MH sword’s immobilize and double it up with BF and shatter for a big spike. It’s hard but if you get good at yanking ppl into the warden with void, it can really help, too. I need a bit more practice with that tho.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

For portal bombing, that sounds like a larger-scale fight. Don’t expect to deal much sustained DPS with illusions unless it’s a small-scale fight.

You’ll typically want to shatter the sets of Illusions pretty quickly after you spawn them.

For portal bombing in particular, consider getting the Blind on Glamour trait (20 points in Illusion), since I assume you’ll be dropping a Feedback on the portal exit per standard operating procedure.

Edit:

In terms of the iWardan, yeah it is pretty reliable for DPS if you can get good with Into the Void. Warden’s Feedback is ridiculously good in general, though, and iWarden is good enough just for that.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Also signet of superior fire (fire aoe on crit) is a must. 10 – 15 ppl out of a portal al pric a fire aoe is a huge extra chunk of aoe.

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

How much does fire hit for and how much power or attack do you have?

Edit: Air is 1.8-2k, with max power gear (not sure if power affects it at all though).

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

800-1+k ich, have around 2,2k power and in a portal jump i buffed to 2,4k ich i think.. 103 crit + 54% crit This is not exact numbers as food, sharpeningstone al ppls buffs etc get in aswell so in a group the stats is kinda crasy

still 15 players give around 15-20k extra aoe dmg 1st seconds in a portal attac, I seen 3-4 catapults vaporize when we jump them and then we often can use same portal back.

Will come back to you when i done some testing in wvwvw on some cayotes.

testing, adjusted numbers but I will test more as I seen higher in combat reports

(edited by Osicat.4139)

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShadowDemon.1937

ShadowDemon.1937

Sorry to hijack the topic, but what is portal bombing?

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Portal bombing is when you portal your team into/behind the enemy team.

This places your team at an unexpected location giving them a positional advantage. In addition, current culling issues will delay the enemy from seeing individual players if they didn’t notice the actual portal.

Advanced techniques include:

- Turtle + portal bomb (where the players stack in a turtle and move via portals)
- Two-step portals where you basically have 2 portals daisy-chained in order to maximize culling abuse and minimize enemy scouting awareness of your position (much harder to see you coming from 3.5k range compared to 1.5k range).

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Sorry to hijack the topic, but what is portal bombing?

This is Portal bombing we do it ALOT

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShadowDemon.1937

ShadowDemon.1937

Cool thanks guys=)

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Kk done some testing, I got a unbuffed 1179k hit vs a thief with fire aoe. So I guess around there alittle more in wvwvw with al buffs is wat you can get. then add x 10-15 players on that…

Returning Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nihmindu.4298

Nihmindu.4298

Kk done some testing, I got a unbuffed 1179k hit vs a thief with fire aoe. So I guess around there alittle more in wvwvw with al buffs is wat you can get. then add x 10-15 players on that…

1179K? So, 1,179,000? 10-15 people would massacre the map

I understand what you meant, and I really like the idea, my guild and I have not really thought about the synergistic side of signets… Interesting.

(edited by Nihmindu.4298)