Returning player

Returning player

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adonisis.9736

Adonisis.9736

Hi all,

I’ve played GW2 since launch untill HoT released, after that I stopped playing because I had other things on my mind. I read about a new expansion and am thinking about returning now because I really liked this game.

I was just wondering what the state of the mesmer is right now. When I played there was the (PU) condi mesmer and the regular shatter mesmer that were popular, what about now? Is the condi mesmer still viable in PvP en PvE? Because I enjoyed playing that. And what about the Chronomancer?

Returning player

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Mesmer in PvP is primarily limited to condie shatter with chronomancer. It’s a solid setup if you play it well.

Mesmer in open world pve is whatever. Mesmer in fractals and raids is a support class playing chronomancer that buffs the party with quickness and alacrity. Condie mesmer can be used decently on a couple of the raid bosses, but is garbage outside of that. Vanilla mesmer is only used for that condie mesmer setup, it’s awful in just about every single other situation in the game.

Returning player

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adonisis.9736

Adonisis.9736

Thank you for your response Fay. I noticed you’re quite active in these forums. I want to try other classes aswell but I think I want to stay with mesmer as I’m in love with the class. Do you recommend starting over or just continue with my current lvl 80 mesmer? I don’t remember much of the living story and suff anymore but I can always watch a recap of the whole story on youtube I guess.

What about the new specialization for the mesmer, does it look good? Do you have any great mesmers I can follow on youtube or something? Because the ones I did follow are quite outdated.

Last question. I did complete the whole story and stuff. Does it continue with HoT expansion? I just need to walk to the new area of HoT and then it continues?

Sorry for all these questions!