Returning player - Condition Mesmer in PvE?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zahl.8564

Zahl.8564

Hello. I am thinking of getting back to GW2 after a looong break. I am just wondering if there are any significant changes to Condition Mesmer in PvE? Is it viable? Thinking back, Shatter-specs weren`t the thing for me and I found Condition fun, but lackluster at the time. Ended up leveling a Guardian instead. But if Condition is a viable option now as Mesmer (no, I won`t roll a Necro ^^), which build and gear to use?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

No significant changes. Condition damage is not viable for pve on any class, including Mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ptolemy.5086

Ptolemy.5086

Cond mesmer in PVE is worthless. Cond builds is main reason no one likes necros and engys and kick them out from all speed runs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

jst play warrior pve pvp wvw lol msot forgiving easiest class highest base stats. anet loves teh wars

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zahl.8564

Zahl.8564

Ah, too bad then. So, if I don`t want Shatter, Phantasm-build is the way to go and focusing on Power/Prec/Crit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ptolemy.5086

Ptolemy.5086

Mesmer personal DPS is crap. All our DPS is in phats or shatter bursts.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Ah, too bad then. So, if I don`t want Shatter, Phantasm-build is the way to go and focusing on Power/Prec/Crit?

Yup. 10/30/0/20/10 or 0/30/0/25/15 are the current builds (subject to change with the April 15 patch). Use sword/sword and sword/focus. Trait for damage and cooldowns on phantasms. Use as many mantras as you can to get the most out of Empowered Mantras (but keep feedback in situations where you need reflects, since that is probably your best source of damage and mitigation). Use all zerker gear with scholar runes, or ruby orbs as a cheaper option.

Edit: I should say, zerker gear is still going to be the best option after April 15 almost certainly, so it’s safe to buy that now. I would hold off on expensive runes like Scholar and sigils like Bloodlust/Force until after the patch hits and we know what’s good then.

(edited by maxinion.8396)

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Mesmer personal DPS is crap. All our DPS is in phats or shatter bursts.

This isn’t exactly true. With three iSwordsmen out, your personal damage is a little under half your total damage. So it’s not… good, but it’s still significant.

in Mesmer

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

Do not listen to these people, conditions work fine in PvE outside of champ zergs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

Do not listen to these people, conditions work fine in PvE outside of champ zergs.

No.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Heh. I did most of my 1-80 with Condi-spec. It worked, but it’s not terribly “easy.” And yes, you’re going to get overwritten in any “zerg” content. Unfortunately, between ANet’s wonky stack system, and the difference in (pve) damage between Condition and Non-Condition Mesmer, you honestly want to go Non.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

condis work fin in pve but its not close to the zerker meta

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It has it’s applications, but it’s a handful of mobs. Granted, it includes the Triple-Headed Worm, but really you don’t want to go Condi in PvE.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah dont go condi in pve. especially in bigger events condis are terrible. when glamour was still good in wvw i sometimes was to lazy to retrait for a pve event and there i would still use confusion on mobs which only works well on mobs that attack fast. most of the mobs wont attack fast enough to trigger enough confusion dmg. so i wouldnt recommend it in pve

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

condis work fin in pve but its not close to the zerker meta

It works about as fine as throwing cotton balls at the enemy.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Mesmer

Posted by: LunarRXA.5062

LunarRXA.5062

It’s fine for leveling if that’s your desire, but it has little practical application.