Revsmers

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

Just curious here, I’ve been pretty silent on the forums but I have been lurking and reading and watching what I can about HoT.

At this point, I think I will be migrating over to the Revenant and avoiding Mesmer for a long time. I wanted to know if anyone else from the Mesmer community will be doing the same.

Why do I want to know? Because this community and its players think differently and lend a different view to this game and how it can be played, and if for no other reason, at least to share discoveries about the class and how it can be abused to ruin everyone’s day.

But why Move?!? some of you shake your firsts with rage I’m sure..

With so much reworking of traits and stats and conditions etc… etc..
The Revenant is the Only, yes only, class fully developed and tested against this new ecosystem of Progression and Balance, making it the most likely to be fully functioning (aka OP) class out of the gate.

The traits rework and re shifting of Stats to Gear only is also of great concern to me as a Mesmer. As a Trait bound class, we’re not getting More or Better options out of this deal.. In fact we will receive Less than what is currently available. This also seems to further distance the class from its less traditional Roles (unless you want to invest into armor just to test a build) and make experimentation return to a Gold based (aka: Gem converters) Game rather than the current and much more liberating modle..

I think it’s wisest to move to the class that is ready for HoT already, rather than hoping my current one (lets call it a Block) doesnt lose all of its edges and appeal when it gets forced through that transitional period (lets call this the circular hole) … (lets also imagine Anet has a really big hammer that they use when they dont understand why their toy wooden block wont fit into the circular hole…)

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

I don’t see how opening about 4-5 builds is less and worse than the single half decent build that we have now.

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

The traits rework and re shifting of Stats to Gear only is also of great concern to me as a Mesmer. As a Trait bound class, we’re not getting More or Better options out of this deal.. In fact we will receive Less than what is currently available.

Could you elaborate on this, as I’m sure I’m not alone in not getting why you think this is the case. Aren’t all classes “Trait bound?” Why are we getting less than what is currently available, as on the face of it, we get more choices in terms of stats per build?

As far as revenant, you are right in that this will be an exact replay of the Deathknight fiasco in World of Warcraft. The new class is the pet project of the devs, designed to let PvE’ers run around in god mode and feel awesome on their new class, while in PvP everyone from mindless button mashers to skilled mechanic abusers will be rampaging and roflstomping everyone. The broken OP’ness will last at minimum 6-8 months until some big balance patch to deal with the unbalanced madness they have released. Despite this, however, I will continue to weather the storm on my faithful mesmer. For me the questions is why play GW if not on a mesmer.

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Just curious here, I’ve been pretty silent on the forums but I have been lurking and reading and watching what I can about HoT.

At this point, I think I will be migrating over to the Revenant and avoiding Mesmer for a long time. I wanted to know if anyone else from the Mesmer community will be doing the same.

Nope.

1) No empty character slots.
2) Kshot warrior is only getting buffed : D

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Reroll? No way.

No butterflies, no pink, and no style.

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Hell no.

I am not a bandwagoner like some NBA fans here lol.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

From dulfy:
“Traits that are made baseline: Illusionary Persona, Illusionary Elasticity, Protective Mantras (gain extra armor when you cast a mantra), Phantasmal damage boost traits,Manipulation range.”

I cannot connect your statement of Mesmer not getting more with the statements on dulfy. Those are huge boosts. I personally got a little nerdgasm reading about the mesmer changes, including some of the reworked/new traits, that might open up so many new builds.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I don’t feel like giving them my money after how awful the Mesmer changes are but if I ever do end up with the expansion I will be shelving my Mesmer for the Rev.

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

I played the Rev in BETA and it is basically a condi-necro/mesmer in heavy armor, at least with the weapons we got to use during BETA. I will be picking up Rev again once I get the expac, but I think Mesmer will remain as my main. I am also a collectionist (made up word, I know). I had to have one of each of the current classes and Rev will be no different once it is fully released. However, I am uncertain as to how much I will like the mesmer changes.

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

It’s just like music, once you’re a fan of a band, whatever direction they take in making music, you will still be fan

for better or worse, I still love my mesmer.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

It’s just like music, once you’re a fan of a band, whatever direction they take in making music, you will still be fan

I don’t know about that. I’ve stopped liking bands when they pick up a sound I don’t like, though I do continue to like their older music.

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: NecroN.8306

NecroN.8306

I’ve already stopped playing my Mesmer, and switch between my Ranger and Guardian. I guess that means yes I will be playing the Revenant and not looking back.

Revsmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Stun on dazes, Blind on shatters, Confusion on crits, I don’t quite know what “Master of fragmentation” is but I think I like it?

Still a spell sword that can dual whiled swords as well as manipulate time.

Yeah I think I’m staying…

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”